Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card 248 (JUDGED)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
aule

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borehole | B
Sorcery | Rare
Target opponent reveals his or her hand. You choose a nonenchantment, nonland card from it. That player discards that card.
"This will only hurt a little..."
Mizukage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rain of Porphyry | 1WW

Instant (Rare)

Destroy the creature with the least power. If two or more creatures are tied for least power, destroy all of them. Those creatures can't be regenerated.

Rain falls on the good and evil alike. The unworthy are culled thusly.
Scuta04

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord of the Lifebane 1BB

Creature - Zombie (Rare)

Intimidate

Other zombies you control get +1/+0

When ~ enters the battlefield target opponent reveals his or her hand. You may choose a green or white creature card from it and remove that card from the game. If you choose a creature that is both green and white put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield tapped under your control. When ~ leaves the battlefield sacrifice a zombie.

2/2
Raybelfast

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banish WW

All creatures lose hexproof until end of turn and you may
exile target creature who's power is greater than 4.

"Begone foul wretch"
_Godica

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks you all for submitting your ideas to my critique. I can be a bit of a harsh critic, but it is all intended to be constructive. I saw a lot of good cards in this thread, and even more good ideas, but at the end of the day a few rose to the top.

Strid3r wrote:
Pierced Mind 2B

Sorcery - Uncommon

Target player discards a card at random. Then reveals his hand and discards all cards that share a color with it.

On principle I'm not a fan of cards that punish people for playing fewer colors. This one seems pretty powerful too, potentially being a double hymn to tourach on turn 2. I like the idea of discarding more cards based on the card, but I think it could have been executed better.

Livermush wrote:
Death's Rainbow | 5
Sorcery - Chromatic (Rare)

Destroy X target creatures where X is the number of different colors used to cast Death's Rainbow.

Seems like a fine card, destroying 2-3 creatures for 5 mana is strong but not too strong. My only issues with this card are that it's a colorless card with an effect that belongs to a couple specific colors, and that it will almost never be a 1-for-1.

mana wrote:
Tide of Justice UW
Instant - Rare

Counter target noncreature spell. That spell's controller sacrifices an attacking creature.

I like this one a lot, it's thematically appropriate and a nice anti combat trick. It's really only good in limited, though, which is a downside.

sc4rs wrote:
Boonbane
GW
Instant - Mythic Rare
Each player sacrifices a non-Aura enchantment, a non-Equipment artifact, an Aura, and an Equipment.

Seems reasonably balanced, and although it seems like primarily an EDH card it would probably see a fair amount of sideboard play.

thelemys wrote:
Demonic Rapacity XB
Sorcery R
Remove up to X counters from up to X permanents. For each counter removed this way, each opponent lose 1 life.
There's nerver enough...

I'm not sure how well this really fits the challenge. While it's true that it could kill 1 or 2 planeswalkers, or creatures whose toughness comes from +1/+1 counters only, when I look at this card I see a utility card that can remove charge counters from artifacts, -1/-1 counters from my own creatures, or do insane amounts of damage in multiplayer. The fact that it sometimes makes a 1-for-1 or better is almost a coincidence, not a central part of the design.

pantheismftw wrote:
Chain Incineration - RR

Instant

Cain Incineration deals 3 damage to target creature or player.

Then any player may pay RR . If a player does, he or she may copy this spell and may choose a new target for that copy.

It's never going to be more than a 1-for-1, depending on how many times it "bounces" it will wither be an x-for-x or an (x+1)-for-x in your opponent's favor.

Duodax wrote:
Congregation of the Pretentious WB

Sorcery - UNCOMMON

Exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a white or black creature card. Put it into your hand and if it was a multicolored creature card, each opponent exiles a card from his or her hand and gains 4 life.

I like the mechanical heart of the card. I'm always a fan of milling one's self, and it's appropriately balanced. I'm not quite sold on the theme. If you find a certain kind of creature, your opponent has to do something? How is that thing your opponent must do related to finding that creature? Because it's a pretentious creature?

GreenBear wrote:
1UG Counter of the bear - instant (unc)

Counter target spell, if that spell was a creature spell put a 2/2 green bear token into play under your control.

'How about instead of you getting an angel I get a bear.'

I'm not sure whether this is better or worse than Mystic Snake. I had to think about this card for a while, and it's nice to have that happen a few times per CaC. Good submission. My only issue is that bears are not a very counter-y creature type.

Domine wrote:
Drowned into Darkness 2BB

Sorcery

Destroy target non-black creature. If your devotion to black is five or more, destroy all non-black creatures instead.

"to those unprepared darkness can be as lethal as the deadliest poison" Erebos, God of the Dead

Rare

I would love this card if it gave -x/-x instead of just killing outright, it would improve balance and also make it seem more black, whereas this card could easily be white. I still like it a lot, though.

AxiomBlurr wrote:
Decapitating ritual

Not sure how I feel about this one. If your opponent is dumping their hand playing small creatures that it can kill, it won't come back from the graveyard very often. I like the idea a lot, just not he way it was implemented.

Steveman wrote:
Fiery Defense
1WR
Instant
Fiery Defense deals 4 damage to up to two target attacking creatures.
"The best defense is a strong fire"

Good one. It's simple, strong, and fair, though 4 damage seems a little strong. On the other hand, 3 would be underwhelming. It's missing a rarity, I would guess uncommon?

Stucco wrote:
Aether Manipulation.........2UU
Instant...........................U

Exile target creature spell. If that was the second creature cast this turn, put that creature onto the battlefield under your control instead of exiling it.

This is another idea that is very appealing but difficult to execute. 4 mana just to exile a creature spell is pretty bad, and it's super easy to play around. On the other hand, if it cost less mana it would be far too strong.

aule wrote:
Borehole | B
Sorcery | Rare
Target opponent reveals his or her hand. You choose a nonenchantment, nonland card from it. That player discards that card.
"This will only hurt a little..."

This will never be better than a 1-for-1.

Mizukage wrote:
Rain of Porphyry | 1WW

Instant (Rare)

Destroy the creature with the least power. If two or more creatures are tied for least power, destroy all of them. Those creatures can't be regenerated.

Rain falls on the good and evil alike. The unworthy are culled thusly.

3 mana to destroy the weakest creature is pretty underwhelming. It's a good card when it's killing more than 1 creature, though, and I appreciate the theme.

Scuta04 wrote:
Lord of the Lifebane 1BB

Creature - Zombie (Rare)

Intimidate

Other zombies you control get +1/+0

When ~ enters the battlefield target opponent reveals his or her hand. You may choose a green or white creature card from it and remove that card from the game. If you choose a creature that is both green and white put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield tapped under your control. When ~ leaves the battlefield sacrifice a zombie.

2/2

This raises the same questions Duodax did. Why can a GW creature turn into a zombie but a G or W creature cannot? And while I appreciate your efforts to balance the card (which it is, quite well imho), the result is more text than most anyone would want to see on a card.

Raybelfast wrote:
Banish WW

All creatures lose hexproof until end of turn and you may
exile target creature who's power is greater than 4.

"Begone foul wretch"

By itself, it will never be more than a 1-for-1.

~~~~~~~~

3rd: Domine -- Drowned into darkness
2nd: Steveman -- Fiery Defense
1st: mana -- Tide of Justice
Domine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG all, great judgning. Go go next CaC
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reallly liked Steveman's card thought it would win...but congratz to mana...go next!
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to know why my card wasn't judged. Thank you.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really easy to miss a card when you judge Sad
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2