Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC 246 JUDGED

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Livermush

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odysseus | 1WW
Legendary Creature - Human Warrior (Mythic)

Vigilance, First-Strike, Protection from Black and Red

If Odysseus would leave the battlefield, instead, exile him with 3 time counters. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter. When the last is removed, return Odysseus to the battlefield with 3 +1/+1 counters.

2/2

----------------------------------------

Glad to be in good company with GreenBear on the note of characters from epics. Odysseus always stood out to me as the quintessential hero, a strong fighter blessed by the gods before his trials, upon returning, stronger and more blessed.

Of course, this flavor matches up with Theros really well, but had this CAC happened any other time, I'd still see myself choosing this character.
_Godica

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus of Nazareth 1WU

Legendary Creature -- Human Carpenter

Whenever a player taps an island for mana, that player draws a card from the bottom of their library, then puts a random card from their hand on top of their deck.

If Jesus of Nazareth would be put into a graveyard from play, instead exile it with 3 time counters and it gains suspend.

0/2

He turns water into wine, so whenever someone uses water they get drunk. When someone is drunk they think of crazy ideas (drawing from the bottom), but also forget things (putting back on top).

If he dies, he is resurrected on the third day.

The color identity is thematically white because he is a holy figure, and thematically blue because of the important symbolism of water (specifically, baptism) in Christianity. Mechanically, he is white because he is a small creature that comes back when he's killed, and blue because he does a funky library manipulation thing.
Livermush

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Godica wrote:
Jesus of Nazareth 1WU

Legendary Creature -- Human Carpenter

Whenever a player taps an island for mana, that player draws a card from the bottom of their library, then puts a random card from their hand on top of their deck.

If Jesus of Nazareth would be put into a graveyard from play, instead exile it with 3 time counters and it gains suspend.

0/2

He turns water into wine, so whenever someone uses water they get drunk. When someone is drunk they think of crazy ideas (drawing from the bottom), but also forget things (putting back on top).

If he dies, he is resurrected on the third day.

The color identity is thematically white because he is a holy figure, and thematically blue because of the important symbolism of water (specifically, baptism) in Christianity. Mechanically, he is white because he is a small creature that comes back when he's killed, and blue because he does a funky library manipulation thing.

YES, FICTIONAL CHARACTER!
_Godica

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fictionalized, at least.
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sc4rs: Since "lands with plunder counter produce colorless mana" is on lara croft card text, lands will get good colors after lara dies (thought next lara croft receives already plundered stuff)))
Steveman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce Banner, PhD (Mythic Rare)
1UUU
Legendary Creature - Human Researcher
Whenever Bruce Banner becomes the target of a spell or ability, flip a coin. If you win the flip, transform Bruce Banner.
1/1
"You wouldn't like me when I'm angry"
Indestructible, trample
Whenever The Hulk becomes the target of a spell or ability, flip a coin. If you win, put a +1/+1 counter on The Hulk. If you lose, transform The Hulk.
6/6
"Hulk smash!"

Last edited by Steveman on Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
sc4rs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iSperia wrote:
sc4rs: Since "lands with plunder counter produce colorless mana" is on lara croft card text, lands will get good colors after lara dies (thought next lara croft receives already plundered stuff)))

Apologies, I messed up Obsidian Fireheart's template. (It's hard because the counter is added as a cost on Lara Croft and as part of the effect on Obsidian Fireheart). Fixing it now.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of very nice entries.
Domine

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of really nice entries indeed... I had to read some wikipedia entries to judge, due to lack of time to give a comment on every entry I'll just give you the podium, sorry because every entry was excellent and deserved to be commented but I prefer to do this than to stall the CaC...

Third place:

Quote:
Joker | 2BBRR
Legendary Creature - Human (M)

As an additional cost to cast Joker, discard your hand, sacrifice all creatures you control and pay half your life rounded down.

Joker cannot be sacrificed.

At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player discards his hand, sacrifices all creatures he controls, loses half his life rounded down and flips a coin. If he wins the flip, Joker deals 3 damage to each of that player's opponents.

0/4

"I'm an agent of chaos"

Maybe is my deep love for the character but I really like the way the card captures the chaos and insanity that the Joker summons, perfect color combo, it's the definition of BR, of course that was an easy color identity to find but then again it was captured perfectly

Second place:

Quote:
Walter Black 2BB
Legendary Creature - Human M
Intimidate
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on each creature on the battlefield.
He slowly reached his grave and like the plague he took with him all the rats.
5/5

I haven't seen Breaking Bad but I have heard very good things about it, I did a little research and found that the card fits perfectly, such interesting character, absolutely well put in a card.

First place:

Quote:
Pikachu RG
Creature - Rat (rare)
R, T, discard a card: Pikachu does 3 damage to target creature or player.
It does not like being chosen.
1/1

This is a simple card, elegantly done, well balanced, it captures the feel of a wild Pikachu, the colors fit in my opinion and I liked the fact that you didn't use the legendary Ash's Pikachu... This is the kind of design I like, simple, elegant, straight to the point.

Honorable mention to everyone else, it was an amazing challenge to grade, every card was right on the spot, there were no bad entries. Good job guys... and congratulations to:
mana
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gg all, go next!
Canabiest

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least now you have a motivation to watch Breaking Bad.
Livermush

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So a human person is stronger and tougher than a Shivan Dragon.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walter is 4/4 the first turn he can attack and dies 2 turns later... Unlike Shivan Wink
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If mana doesn't create next CAC within 24h, I will.
mana

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I really didn't expect that to win. Well, maybe I'll win another and get to pick my own criteria. Cheers!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3