Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card 245 (JUDGED)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obstinate Bladesworn 1W

Creature - Soldier (uncommon)

~ costs W more to cast for each creature you control.

First Strike

The Battlefield is his stage, and his alone.

3/3

E: mana 4 next round!
Strid3r

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL, time stroll, on average costs like 40 mana xD
Raybelfast

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seraphi the Unholy 4BBB

Serpahi the Unholy costs one B less for each white non token permanent your opponent controls.

Exile all White permanents.

Flying
Deathtouch
4/4
_Godica

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Create a Card 245 Reply with quote

Stucco wrote:
Foliage Ambush.......................3GGG
Creature - Treefolk Warrior........R

Flash, Trample

Affinity for Forests

Two is company, but trees a crowd.

4/4

A good card in limited or constructed that's flavorful and fits the criteria. Solid submission.

ShamedShadow wrote:
Managorger Titan 0

Artifact Creature - Golem [Mythic Rare]

When Managorger Titan enters the battlefield, tap all permanents you control that could produce mana. Managorger Titan enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it for each permanent tapped in this way.

When Managorger Titan enters the battlefield, exile all other nonland permanents that entered the battlefield this turn.

1/1

Even if it fit the criteria perfectly, it seems a bit awkward and underpowered to be a Mythic Rare.

blitzer2k7 wrote:
Secrets of the Aether 5UUU

Enchantment - Mythic Rare

Secrets of the Aether costs 1 less for each card in your hand.

At the beginning of your upkeep, draw cards equal to the number of cards in your hand, then put that many cards plus one on top of your library.

"The aether is a giant mystery. I must discover its' secrets." Venser's Journal entry.

I like the creative direction, but the power level worries me. It's either being played on turn 1-2 as a broken combo enabler, or on turn 4-5 as a much worse Jace.

Balaviaris wrote:
Agoraphobic Cyclops 1RW

Creature - Giant (Rare)

Agoraphobic Cyclops costs (1) more for each other creature on the battlefield.

The one eye doesn't help his condition

5/5

It seems a bit out of flavor in boros, I would prefer to see it as a red card. That said, it's a strong card for limited and a fun card for constructed. Good submission.

iSperia wrote:
Vine Lasher - GG
Creature - Elemental (rare)
Vine Lasher costs (1) more for each creature with flying on the battlefield.
When Vine Lasher enters the battlefield, put X +1/+1 counters on it, and it deals X damage to each creature with flying, where X is the ammount of mana spent to cast it.
0/0

The flavor is good, but the card seems too narrow. It's clearly a sideboard card, but it's only good against an army of smallish flyers, not one or two big flyers, which is what I'd really want from a sideboard card.

Strid3r wrote:
Bogardan Dragon 8R

Creature - Dragon | Rare

Flying, Haste

When Bogardan Dragon enters the battlefield, it deals 4 damage divided as you choose among any number of target creatures and/or players.

Hellbent — If you have no cards in hand, Bogardan Dragon costs 4 less to cast.

Chroma — Bogardan Dragon costs 1 less to cast for each red mana symbol in the mana costs of permanents you control.

4/4

There's nothing wrong with big dragon with a bunch of mechanics thrown on to it, but in this case I don't see how it fits together.

sc4rs wrote:
Pinion Shrieker
1U
Creature - Bird - Rare
Flying
Pinion Shrieker costs 1 less to cast if you cast another spell this turn.
2/1
It uses mana as a slipstream to catch unwary prey.

I'd be interested to see what kind of deck this would find a home in. Seems too slow for tempo and out of place in weenie/aggro. I'd love the card if it had some sort of conditional flash.

thelemys wrote:
Pikemaster from the Mist 4W
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier R
First strike
You may cast Pikemaster from the Mist for 1W if an opponent had two or more land untapped during your upkeep.
Don’t rely on “what you don’t know can’t hurt you” in war times. It’s not true.
4/4

The wording is a bit awkward. The effect would have been more relevant in the days of mana burn. "you can cast it for less mana but it'll just get countered/killed anyway" isn't really an effect I'd want.

Steveman wrote:
Banner of the Warchief (Mythic Rare)
Artifact - Equipment
Affinity for Creatures (This spell costs 1 less to cast for each creature you control.)
As long as Banner of the Warchief is attached to a creature, creatures you control gets +1/+1 for each other creature you control.
Equipped creature gets +2/+2
Equip: 3
"For the Horde!"

made me lol. I'd be wary of what set this saw print in -- one card that makes your entire team immune to pyroclasm/burn effects + any source of tokens is pretty degenerate in limited, but maybe at mythic rare that's okay. I'd love to see the "flagbearer" get -1/-1 instead of +2/+2, both from a flavor and gameplay perspective.

Domine wrote:
Suffering Elemental 4B

Creature- Elemental

This cost 1 less for each life you have lost this turn

5/5

Uncommon.

I like this one a lot. It's elegant, on-color, and not too broken. If anything maybe 3bb instead of 4b for balance and because it's such a black card. Really nice submission though.

Ynzo wrote:
lizard elf

The idea is good, the execution leaves a little to be desired. It's too strong on turn 1 and too weak on any other turn.

shadowist wrote:
Philosopher Golem 1
Artifact Creature - Golem U
As an additional cost to play Philosopher Golem, pay 1 for every color on the battlefield.
Philosopher Golem get's +1/+1 for every color on the battlefield.
1/1

At first I thought this was a fun casual card, then I looked again...it attacks for 2 on turn 2, for 3 on turn 3, and maybe more depending on what you and your opponent are doing. But, if you're on the draw and our opp plays a turn 1 colored permanent, it might as well be a dead card. So I don't know about this one. The flavor is a little off, I don't imagine a robot philosopher being a cornerstone of an aggressive deck, and I don't think it's good enough to be played any other way.

mana wrote:
Time Stroll U
Sorcery - Mythic Rare

Time Stroll costs 1 more to cast for each card in your library.

Take an extra turn after this one.

There's no present like time.

This is the kind of creative card I was hoping to see when I made the challenge. however, I'm not quite sure what this one actually does. When am I really going to say "good thing I only have 3 cards left in my library, because I have 4 mana for time scroll but not 5 mana for time warp."?

pseudodespot wrote:
Obstinate Bladesworn 1W

Creature - Soldier (uncommon)

~ costs W more to cast for each creature you control.

First Strike

The Battlefield is his stage, and his alone.

3/3

I like this one, it's great in limited and probably good enough for constructed. This is the second white creature in this thread that rewards you for NOT having other creatures on the battlefield. Was there a memo about this that I missed?

Raybelfast wrote:
Seraphi the Unholy 4BBB

Serpahi the Unholy costs one B less for each white non token permanent your opponent controls.

Exile all White permanents.

Flying
Deathtouch
4/4

The power level worries me, as does the fact that any deck, even one that has no other black, can play this as a very good sideboard card.

~~~~~

Thank you all for submitting your creations. Domine is the winner, Stucco is runner-up, and sc4rs gets the bronze.
mana

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point of Time Stroll is that it costs less than Time Walk if you have no cards in your library, or if you have one card, it's Time Walk. The comparison with Time Warp is just silly - the situation where you have one card or no cards in your library is much more common than if you have three cards or four cards.

The idea is obviously that you can't play it as an early game Time Walk but there are many, many ways to get rid of cards in your library. Decks like Oath could abuse the crap out of this card, same as decks around Laboratory Maniac, Arc-Slogger, etc.
_Godica

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've already drawn your entire deck, you shouldn't need a time walk to win.

Likewise if you've already put your entire deck in your graveyard.
Strid3r

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My entry was best anyway, because its Bogardan Dragon. ^^
sc4rs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was mostly thinking of my card as a tempo deck card like you mentioned - a good play off one of the legacy cantrips or on the back of a turn-1 Gitaxian Probe for 2 life.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

thelemys wrote:
Pikemaster from the Mist 4W
Legendary Creature - Human Soldier R
First strike
You may cast Pikemaster from the Mist for 1W if an opponent had two or more land untapped during your upkeep.
Don’t rely on “what you don’t know can’t hurt you” in war times. It’s not true.
4/4

The wording is a bit awkward. The effect would have been more relevant in the days of mana burn. "you can cast it for less mana but it'll just get countered/killed anyway" isn't really an effect I'd want.
Explanation of the effect: Turn 3 or 4 you play your third or fourth land. If your opponent has 1 counterspell you can play 2 creatures and be assured the big one hit the battlefield because of his 2cc new manacost.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2