Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cac 244

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Mrrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ck3gds wrote:
Supremacy in Isolation 2W

Enchantment (mythic rare)

Loyalty abilities of planeswalker permanents you control cost +0 to activate. (This replaces the normal cost of activating a loyalty ability.)

"Keep your friends around you at exactly one arm's length...and your enemies just as close."

two card combo with any random planeswalker, reckon this is a bit too powerful.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be:
Quote:
Loyalty abilities of planeswalker permanents cost one less counter to activate.
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Zangeon Palarax
1GU - Mythic
Planeswalker - Zangeon
+1: Remove a counter from target permanent.
-1: Move a counter from one target permanent to another target permanent.
-X: Put X +1/+1 or loyalty counters on target permanent.
(3)
Thelemys

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ck3gds wrote:
thelemys wrote:
May be:
Quote:
Loyalty abilities of planeswalker permanents cost one less counter to activate.

The intention is for the number loyalty counters to remain fixed.

Abilities with +/- X will be nerfed, since X can only be 0.

Abilities with -n will be buffed, obviously.

Abilities with +n will be nerfed, in the sense that they cannot boost the PW toughness anymore.

Make that:

Abilities with -n will become ridiculously broken, obviously.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn 3: Supremacy in Isolation
Turn 4: Gideon, Champion of Justice, kill all other permanents forever, GG

or

Turn 4: Ajani, Caller of the Pride, make 20 2/2s a turn, GG

or

Turn 4: Ajani Vengeant, they never have lands ever again, GG

or

Turn 4: Ral Zarek, as long as you don't lose five coin flips in a row they never take a turn again (and anytime you win more than 1/5 coin flips, you get an additional 5 chances!), GG

That's not to mention the ones that don't do ridiculously broken things and only do sort-of broken things.
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to call this done here. I hope i get enough time tomorrow to grade these. Any edits after this entry I will not grade anymore. So let it stand as is if you want to have a chance of winning.

Btw.: if you add zero loyalty instead of removing X the X in the ability will also be zero.
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to make this brief this time.

sc4rs - Veiled Mamba

Nice corner case creature. it wont make it into any decks, since most decks defend their walkers with chump blockers anyways. It is basically a Typhoid Rats with very narrow upside.

_Godica - Hex of Darkness

Black has a history of counter removal. Afaik this is still part of black's identity. What I like about your card is its balance. Its effect is impressive enough to see play out of the board in a meta with a lot of counters.

flippibotBÄR - Familiar of the Wild

The ability is fine, it just makes few sense with a non-green walker.
Trample on a 2/2 is also not that impressive. You mistook my request for simplicity with size. I can tell you what I mean in our common language a bit better.

thelemys - Fire-Eater Geopede

Wow the Superfiend. Eating Superfriend decks left and right. I am uncertain how well balanced this effect is. Against the right decks it is awesome, against something else it is at least something. The relatively low costs for a basically secure PW kill when there are no blockers. But if there are blockers......
As you see you hit a nice edge.

GreenBear - Silence Bear

The next hate bear for that deck. Dunno if you would want to bash JtMs this way, but it is certainly an option. In the appropriate meta this little fellow would be awesome. WotC work hard atm to not make this meta happen again. Therefore your card gets the usual good at what it does but useless everywhere else.

Domine - Loyalty Thief

Planeswalker don't "die". Just sayin. Other than that i can say your card is either overpowered or undercosted, your pick. I would go for the +1 colorless.

Stucco - Ajani's Presence

This makes you look for cards with lots of counters, since if you make it work it is insane. I like the revenge aspect of your Ajani reference.

Duodax - Ignite the Spark

Other than I think the card should be an uncommon, your entry is perfectly fine. MaRo doesn't want to have references to PWs to appear at low rarities, but with putting all the stuff at rare, he goes over the top imho.

mana - Planesrunning Thief

Interesting. Dunno what else to say. If it works, it seems hilarious. How a 2/2 vanilla reliably gets through is a small mystery.

Steveman - AEther Void

I personally prefer the new way they word and rule these effects. What I dislike is that detention effect in black. A card between Oring and Journey is fine. But nothing really new. As a work horse for a block or limited format the card is excellent. That I like.

AxiomBlurr - Clock of the Planes

This card is weird. Coincidence?
I don't understand why 3 walker have the same effect as one, while 2 have a bigger one. Maybe I do your great idea injustice but I just don't get your card, sry.

Bejeezus - Essence of Mortality

Way too narrow to ever see play. And if you ever want an anthem why not one that works all the time?

Mrrr - Zealous Priest

Dunno if a 2/1 can forbid planeswalkers from appearing. This card will only see T2 play if at all. In Modern or up you got Meddling Mage who does a better job and still doesn't see much play.
Yes you refer to the entire type, but a realistic view on the matter will make you realize how rare multiple Walker of the same subtype are relevant in a meta.

Mr_Weebles - Spark Ender

No 2/2 dork is capable of this effect. Flavorfail. PWs are too mighty to lose their abilities to a 2/2. They lose the will to stay and fight for you (i.e. loyalty) when they get beaten up. And just leave.
Also the way you worded it, they regain their powers when the Spark ender leaves the battlefield. How does this happen then?

aule - Agent of Selistrius

Ironically the rules already allow your card. Sweet.
The activated ability is worded a bit weird. You pay the cost. So the agent dies. He has no counters anymore. Last known information can help out, but offering this opportunity of confusion is avoidable.
I would have liked to see a 1BB cost with all this massive upside to a 2/2.

Selkie - Clockwinding

This way you could put any counter on a permanent without any in the first place.

ck3gds - Supremacy in Isolation

"Free" ultimates anyone? Broken card is broken.

Bairdsy - Zangeon Palarax

Another card that makes you want to build around. The only oddity is the kind of planes walker battery feel to your card.

Winner is _Godica. Runner ups are Doudax and Stucco (in that order)
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2