Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RG Nylea (?)

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
shadowist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: RG Nylea (?) Reply with quote

So apparently that was what ML named my deck. If somebody knows how the deck naming thing works, please tell me. This deck finished in the top 4 in the t2 trial on Tues Sept 24.

4 Experiment One
3 Elvish Mystic
4 Kalonian Tusker
4 Witchstalker
3 Boon Satyr
3 Kalonian Hydra
2 Domri Rade
2 Bow of Nylea
3 Flesh // Blood
4 Stomping Ground
3 Temple of Abandon
10 Forest
6 Mountain
2 Nylea, God of the Hunt
2 Xenagos, the Reveler
2 Clan Defiance
3 Ghor-Clan Rampager
SB: 4 Destructive Revelry
SB: 3 Mistcutter Hydra
SB: 1 Fade into Antiquity
SB: 2 Hammer of Purphoros
SB: 2 Mizzium Mortars
SB: 3 Nylea's Disciple

The 3 Nylea's Disciple were in anticipation of aggro decks. Fade is to allow me to kill Gods. I dunno how important that is though. If UWx control becomes a lot more popular, how should I adjust my decks. I currently have a 50% win over it (2-2); not exactly the best sample size though.
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I named it that because it was what fit it best while describing what sets it apart from GR aggro. It also has the word Nylea in it quite a few times Razz
On a more official note though, give us more detail behind your card choices and explain your deck. Why did you choose X over a similar Y? Just posting a decklist without much else it not following forum rules, and I actually like this decklist and want to see more effort into this post. Smile
shadowist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This deck is built around maximizing damage output and trying to survive Supreme Verdict. Experiment One regenerates, Nylea is indestructible, and Boon Satyr has flash and bestow. Flesh // Blood allows me to win the game out of nowhere. Ghor-Clan Rampager and Nylea both work really well with Flesh // Blood. The Bow is in the maindeck because it works really well against aggro while being ok vs control. The planeswalkers are good vs control and ok vs certain forms of aggro (at the very least, they draw burn spells away from me). Clan defiance is there to take advantage of the +1 ability of Xelnagos. I expected a lot of enchantments in the meta, so I had 4 Destructive Revelry sb. However, maybe it's just me, but there was never a time where I felt comfortable boarding them in. I would like advice on add/removing cards in the sb and/or how to sb against certain matchups.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1