Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GB Death Cloud (Great British Cloud) in Modern

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern
GreenBear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the updated list after, testing and input.

Great British Cloud

3 inqusition of kozilek
2 thoughtseize
3 Golgari Signet
4 Farseek
3 Abrupt Decay
4 Kitchen Finks
4 Fulmilator Mage
2 Maelstrom pulse
3 Garruk Wildspeaker
2 Solemn Simulacrum
2 Tombstalker
4 Death Cloud
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Verdant Catacomb
1 Woodland Cemetary
3 Twilight Mire
6 Swamp
3 Treetop village
2 Golgari Rot Farm
1 Forest

The Sb
1 Boseju vs counter based decks
2 Naturalize Vs affinity and all sorts of random decks
2 Damnnation vs zoo like aggro decks
1 Dismember vs infect other aggro
1 Guttural Response vs blue counter based decks
2 Go for the throat- vs twin aggro, decks that may bring in obstinate baloth
1 Inqusition of Kozilek- Vs Combo and some control
2 Obstinate Baloth- RDW, Aggro decks, decks with lili
2 Oxidize Affinity
1 Tomrods Crypt, living death decks, decks with full set of snapcasters plus counters, other graveyard strategies, ie past in flames.
KoClamp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Clarification Reply with quote

Explore is generally always good weather you are going a turn ahead or putting in treeptop or a bounce land its a pretty awesome card in the deck, if you are keeping hands based on 2 Lands Explore your probably the same player that keeps 1 land Brainstorm hands in legacy...

The extra 3 Cards in the SB are metagame slots, I play a Thragtusk and 2 Plow Under but those are up to you

Sakura Tribe Elder-I guess to me it seems self explanitory when to sac it, Block sac, Sac to ramp, just depends on the game state, also have can backdoor some wins after a death cloud with him

Smother- Could be Abrupt Decay I agree

Fulminator Mage- Ive never tested it so I cant speak to how good it is, however I can speak to Kitchen Finks and Eternal Witness being pretty rock solid Ive never felt the need for more LD

Harmonize- Pretty backbreaking when you resolve it, but it could be a 1 or 0 easily just haven't decided on what to put in over it. Also, it is slow but this deck is slowwwwwwwwww lol.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right do not start questioning my play skill when you do not even know me or ever played me. That's damn rude and not to mention stupid Like you would know how good I am at magic I was in the hall of fame for limited on modo played in my nationals and top 32ed etc etc. So chances are I'm a better player than you.

You do not know when you are going to draw cloud, so its rarely obvious when to sac elder. I multiple times had no pressure on the board except elder then drew a cloud which would have been much better had I sacrificed the elder at the end of the go. So I choose to use farseek instead.

Your playing 23 land and explore is always good, basic maths dictates your wrong, if your playing less than 26 lands you should not be playing explore.
KoClamp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Okay... Reply with quote

I actually never said anything about your playskill you seem a bit defensive, I was merely stating that if you are keeping hands depending on only the explore then you are keeping them for a wrong reason, also thats why there is only 2 as you only want to see 1 a game. You seem to want to play a more ramp oriented version of this deck which I suppose is fine, Fulminator Mage also seems like a fine card gonna try it out.
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with so little black aggro in the format, why not change 1 or 2 of the go for the throat for doom blade, so you have extra protection against affinity? just an idea. or is it because gftt cannot be redirected to spellskite?
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a good idea, thanks. Though I'm a little disillusioned with the deck after losing to an infect player who responded to a damnation by casting apostles blessing for black. Honestly you should automatically lose the game for doing things that bad. Gft, was an issue vs him also, as it could not hit nexus.
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apostle blessing does nothing to damnation effect, does it? and what about adding the third color, white, and aether vial, chittering rats and resto angel to create a soft lock after death cloud?
also, smother could be >>GFTT and >>doom blade, as what you want to hit with them are either infect creatures or exarch/pestermite, and all of them are <3 CMC. other potential targets are fast aggro creatures too, so it could make it. even -1 abrupt decay +1 smother maindeck, as decay cannot hit manlands.
littleletler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now my view might be off a bit since my only similar experience has been with a BW Pox deck but Bloodghast is great in a deck like this because of his recursion. He's really pretty grindy and by the sounds of it that's what you're looking for. If you wanted to, your creature package could have a zombie theme and go with Messenger and Gravecrawler. Also, for the SB Infest is pretty solid.

If you would consider white, I would tell you lingering souls is excellent as is Flagstones of Trokair.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2