Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card 242 -- Combo Pieces (JUDGED)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
_Godica

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pg8 wrote:
Overpower -- 2W
Enchantment -- Aura (Common)
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gets +10/+10 and can't attack or block.
Grakk wished for the power to smash anything with his fists, but not for the strength to lift them.

Both a solid limited removal spell and a combo with Fling effects. Intentionally Pauper-legal.

I love seeing a card that has completely different uses in constructed and limited, very well thought-out. It's also an appropriate power level for a common, which i would probably appreciate if I knew more about pauper.

Domine wrote:
Aspect of the Hydra 2GG

Enchanment - Aura

Enchant Creature

Whenever a +1/+1 counter is removed from enchanted creature put two +1/+1 counters on that creature.

"Lose one head, grow two more"

Uncommon.

A fun card for Timmy, and the cost seems high enough to justify the handful of cards it goes lethal with. Maybe in the right set it would be printable, but most of the time it seems like a very narrow "win-more."

xJudicatorx wrote:
Resurgence UR
Instant (U)

Untap three target permanents. They gain haste until end of turn.

Note: I designed this with Isochron Scepter in mind, but added in a bit of flexibility so that it isn't a one trick pony and then nerfed it so that it wasn't too broken. Now you have to have at least one more card in order to go infinite with it on turn 3.

The haste seems a little bit random -- I understand wanting to give more uses, but haste doesn't seem like the best way to do that. Regardless, it's flexible enough to see print and makes me want to start brewing, so well done.

Strid3r wrote:
Tezzeret's Crucible UB

Artifact - Uncommon

When Tezzeret's Crucible enters the battlefield, untap two target artifacts and add 2 to your mana pool.

Tap: Each opponent loses 1 life.

Combo with Strionic Resonator.

This card could see play in legacy affinity even without the Strionic Resonator. Probably not in Modern.

The strionic resonator combo is a bit heavy-handed -- I might have preferred it to add one mana or even none at all, and rely on a third card. It has a lot of other possibilities, though, and I'd love to see how it would be used.

iSperia wrote:
Storm Wave 2UR
Instant (rare)
Target spell's controller copies it. That player may choose new targets for a copy.
Storm.

--
I guess it is nice to make storm comboes out from any card

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I like the idea of a storm card that needs a lower storm count but relies on another card like lightning bolt. But something just feels wrong about a Fork effect that can only hit your own spells.

CMA-Flippi wrote:
Demon from the Abyss 5BBBB
Creature - Demon (Mythic)
Flying, Trample, Shroud
When Demon from the Abyss enters the battlefield, you lose the game.
When Demon from the Abyss leaves the battlefield, you win the game.
13/13

This is probably what Griselbrand should have been. It does almost the same thing for almost the same cost. The aesthetic is nice, but ultimately I'm not a fan of seeing "win the game" printed on a card.

thelemys wrote:
Candelabra Stag 1GGG
Creature Enchantment - Elk
As long as you control at least one other creature, Candelabra Stag isn't a creature.
GGG: Untap target land
Light canít exist without shadows: it is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated... And shadows gaining.
3/4

I'd love to see the ability cost a little bit less so it could be playable with other utility lands when it's not making infinite mana. I like the flavor though, and its defense mechanism is interesting.

Stucco wrote:
Duplicity Rune............1RU
Enchantment...............U

Whenever a player copies a spell or ability, that player untaps all lands he or she controls.

Something about this place feels familiar...

Reiterate

I think this is too narrow to see print or play.

Steveman wrote:
Brainshock (Rare)
U
Instant
Draw a card for each card you have drawn this turn.
"Let me think about it some more..."

It combos with a lot of draw spells and chains into other Brainshocks.

Interesting idea, but too strong with brainstorm (and sylvan library).

AxiomBlurr wrote:
Internal Force 1G

Instant - Uncommon

Not sure if this is a typo or if there's some card out there that makes a strong combo with a card that does literally nothing. But you haven't given me any help figuring it out, so I can't judge this one.

ShamedShadow wrote:
Moon Sage's Assistant 2UU

Creature - Wizard [Rare]

Whenever you discard a card with the same name as a permanent you control, return that card to your hand.

2/2

-----

Pretty much any card with Grandeur plus this.

I see this as a 2-card combo with seismic assault, which I think would be too strong (you could just keep 2 lands in your hand and go off with the second one if they play a bolt etc in response to the first).

~~~~~~~~

This was a tough challenge, almost every card had at least something for me to criticize. Combo pieces are obviously pretty tricky to fine-tune, and I was being a bit of a nit-picker. Overall good entries, even if they weren't perfect they were all diverse and fun to judge.

pg8's Overpower is the winner, xJudicatorx is the runner up with Resurgence.

gg go next!
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gg all

go next
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2