Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 236 - Split Card with Fuse (judged)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock 1GW
Instant (U)

Creatures you control gain Indestructible until end of turn.

/////////Fuse///////////////////

Roll 1RW
Instant (U)

Roll deals 2 damage to each creature.
Strid3r

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xJudicatorx wrote:
Strid3r wrote:
Fall 2B
Instant - Uncommon
Destroy target creature.

Rise 3W
Instant - Uncommon
Put a creature from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control.

Fuse
I think I would do this card more like http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=259266

Nah, my submission is better than that!
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheel RW

Instant [Rare]

Wheel deals 2 damage to target creature or player. You gain 2 life.

Fuse

////////////////

Deal WB

Instant [Rare]

Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies this turn, draw a card. Whenever you gain life this turn, draw a card.

Fuse

--------------

I am aware that there is already a card from Onslaught named Wheel and Deal. The name fits too well, though.

Other potential names include High//Mighty (with the WB half coming first), Doom//Gloom, and Night//Day (again with the WB half coming first.).
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Win Some 1RR

Instant - Rare

Gain control of target permanent until end of turn.

--FUSE--

Lose Some 1UU

Instant - Rare

Target player gains control of target permanent you control.

////////////

Get it? Smile
BIRDYYY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old
(1B)
Sorcery
Divide 3 -1/-1 counters among any amount of creatures.

Fuse

School
(3W)
Sorcery

Target Non-creature Permanent becomes a creature with power and toughness equal to its mana cost.
BIRDYYY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMA-Flippi wrote:
Never Gonna - 1W
Instant - R
Creatures can't attack this turn.
// Fuse //
Give You Up - 1U
Instant - R
Until end of turn, players can't be cast spells.

Players can't be cast spells <3
Steveman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judgement Time!

sc4rs
Quote:

All Work
R
Instant
Up to three target creatures attack this turn if able.

// FUSE

No Play
1BB
Instant
At the beginning of the end step, exile all tapped creatures.

-Rare

Pretty ambitious design but I think this is a bit undercosted for an instant speed eot probably pay some life Final Judgment. Props for being not overly complicated and capturing the elegance of what split cards usually are.

Score: 6/10

Stucco
Quote:

Over..........1UU
Sorcery......U

Up to two target creatures each gain flying until the end of turn.

~~~Fuse~~~

Under.......1GG
Sorcery.....U

Destroy up to two target creatures with flying.

I like this card, it's simple and both modes can be useful on their own and together they're a double Terminate for 2UUGG. Honestly, I wish you were a bit more ambitious with this and made it an Instant, it would've made a great combat trick.

Score: 7.5/10

Canabiest
Quote:

Divide
1RR
Instant
Rare

Two target creatures fight each other.

/// Fuse ///

Conquer
2UU
Instant
Rare

Gain control of target permanent if it was dealt damage this turn.

Simple and elegant. I personally love Fight cards and wish it was used more often. My only concern is that this probably should be a Sorcery because the Conquer half is probably too good as a 2UU Instant. You can chump block their fatty and then gain control of it and unlike Control Magic, they can't Disenchant their way out of it.

Score: 8/10

iSperia
Quote:

Might - 1G
Instant (uncommon)
Target creature gets +3/+3 until the end of turn

Magic - 1R
Instant (uncommon)
Target creature gets double strike until the end of turn

Love it. Both halves are great combat tricks on their own and together they can do some damage. Magic might be a bit too good but I think it's possible. My only criticism is that the name "Magic" doesn't fit with double strike in my head.

Score: 9/10

ck3gds
Quote:

Sit Back WU

Instant (uncommon)

Detain target creature. You gain life equal to its converted mana cost.

*** FUSE ***

Relax GW

Instant (uncommon)

Destroy target artifact or enchantment. You gain life equal to its converted mana cost.

Versatile card, the life gain is a nice bonus. Relax is actually really good as a standalone card. A big strike against this card is that the two halves really don't have anything to do with each other besides gain a bunch of life, and that only works if you have two separate types of targets on the board.

Score: 6.5/10

huntergatsby
Quote:

Blood to Iron 1W

Sorcery (R)

All creatures become artifacts that are still creatures until end of turn.

Iron to Rust 2RR

Sorcery (R)

Destroy all Artifacts

This card draws inspiration from some very particular cards: one half is part Mycosynth Lattice the other half is essentially Shatterstorm. I do like the Iron to Rust half but Blood to Iron is pretty useless on its own and that's a huge strike in both design and playability.

Score: 5/10

warwizard87
Quote:

Loot UU sorcery

Draw 3 cards then discard three cards.

Pillage RR

Deal X damage to target creature or player where X is equal to the number of card put in your graveyard this turn.

Fuse.

Ooo, this card has a lot of Storm combo potential. I like Loot a lot, I'm not sure if there's an Ideas Unbound card out there and it'd be great on a split card. Probably not too useful outside of a combo deck but that's okay. Minor strike for naming the second half Pillage, it's already the name of a very good card!

Score: 8/10

thelemys
Quote:

Lost 2R
Sorcery R
Each player sacrifices an artifact and a land.
Fuse

Found G
Sorcery R
Search your library for a Forest or a green creature with converted mana cost 1 or less, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
Fuse

Very flavorful, the names of the cards really go well with their respective halves. This card actually has some serious Vintage potential, being able to take out a land / mix and search for a Forest or a creature. Very solid card, my only strike against it is that I think Found should be more simple. Giving you the option of Forest or green creature with cmc 1 or less makes it too wordy and loses its elegance as a split card.

Score: 8.75/10

Bairdsy
Quote:

Peace
W
Sorcery
Cast Peace only during your pre-combat main phase.
Until the beginning of your next upkeep, creatures can't attack.

FUSE

Quiet
U
Sorcery
Until the beginning of your next upkeep, players can't cast spells.

A fixed Orim's Chant that can't be put on a Scepter! Really good design. Peace is a bit too wordy with its pre-combat main phase requirement. Although I do understand that it's essential to the design, it probably would've looked better on a Kicker card.

Score: 7/10

Mrrr
Quote:

Dusk - BB

Sorcery - Uncommon

Target player sacrifices a creature

Dawn - WW

Sorcery - uncommon

Put a 2/2 white Soldier token with first strike onto the battlefield.

Fuse

As simple as it gets. Besides the mana intensity, this card is pretty good. I like this card, it's good value. Not exactly the most exciting card but that's okay.

Score: 8.5/10
[/quote]

CMA-Flippi
Quote:

Never Gonna - 1W
Instant - R
Creatures can't attack this turn.
// Fuse //
Give You Up - 1U
Instant - R
Until end of turn, players can't be cast spells.

Another take on Orim's Chant. While not as good on a Scepter, one can create a Scepter with at least 12 Orim's Chant effects now. This is a good card, but it's an evil one.

Score: 6.66/10

Strid3r
Quote:

Fall 2B
Instant - Uncommon
Destroy target creature.

Rise 3W
Instant - Uncommon
Put a creature from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control.

Fuse

Really strong card. One half you have strictly better Murder, the other half you have strictly better Breath of Life. From a playability standpoint, I love it and would throw it into the ML cube in a heartbeat. From a design standpoint, it's not very creative and you stole / flipped around Rise / Fall's name.

Domine
Quote:

To Be - 1B

Instant

Regenerate all creatures you control.

Not To Be 4WW

Instant

Destroy all creatures.

Fuse

Rare

Another solid card. One half is a solid combat trick in limited, the other half is an instant speed Day of Judgement, together they're Plague Wind. Absolutely nothing wrong with this card.

Score: 10/10

Dr_Moo
Quote:

Drink - U (Uncommon)
Instant

Each creature attacks this turn if able.

//

Drive - 1W
Instant

Whenever a creature attacks this turn, its controller flips a coin. If he or loses the flip, remove that creature from combat and put three jail counters on it. It gains "At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a jail counter from this creature. If you do, Detain it.

Fuse

Not too big a fan of this card. The first half is simple, but I never liked the "each creature attacks this turn if able" on blue and Drive is way too wordy / complex for a split card. Also, the names don't really go well together like split cards normally are

Score: 2/10

Epic-Juzam37
Quote:

Salt WW Sorcery Rare

Split Second. Lands may not be put into play this turn.

Pillaging Flame 2R Sorcery

Split second. Destroy target land unless its controller pays 2.

Fuse

Very different compared to everyone elses. Pillaging Flame is actually a really good card by itself but Salt is absolutely useless without Fuse, which is a shame because I really like the concept.

Score: 5/10

_Godica
Quote:

Wake 1G

Sorcery -- Uncommon

Untap all creatures you control. If a creature is untapped this way, it gets +1/+1 until end of turn.

//Fuse//

Bake 1R

Sorcery -- Uncommon

Bake deals 1 damage to each untapped creature, and 2 damage to each tapped creature.

I dunno how to feel about this card honestly... Wake can be interesting with mana dork elves I guess but outside of that it's pretty useless without Bake. Also, you have no way to make your creatures being tapped so Bake is kind of a wildshot. You should've had the first half work more with tapping your opponents creatures.

Score: 3/10

xJudicatorx
Quote:

Rock 1GW
Instant (U)

Creatures you control gain Indestructible until end of turn.

/////////Fuse///////////////////

Roll 1RW
Instant (U)

Roll deals 2 damage to each creature.

Flavor wise it's great. The names go well with their respective halves. This is a weird card where I like each half individually but not too much together: 2WWRG for a 1 sided Pyroclasm is kind of "meh" don't you think? Awesome card, weird conundrum.

Score: 9.5/10

ShamedShadow
Quote:

Wheel RW

Instant [Rare]

Wheel deals 2 damage to target creature or player. You gain 2 life.

Fuse

////////////////

Deal WB

Instant [Rare]

Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies this turn, draw a card. Whenever you gain life this turn, draw a card.

Fuse

Really interesting card you got there. I would love to see neutered Lightning Helix as one half of a split card sometime, that'd be awesome. Based on the wording, I think Wheel and Deal need to switch places, I could be wrong. Besides that, my only strike is that Deal is a bit too wordy with two different triggers for one half of a split card.

Quote:

Balaviaris

Some 1RR

Instant - Rare

Gain control of target permanent until end of turn.

--FUSE--

Lose Some 1UU

Instant - Rare

Target player gains control of target permanent you control.

Pretty creative design here. Win Some is a pseudo Threaten but doesn't untap / give the permanent haste, I guess it's useful to take Planeswalkers? Lose Some is instant speed Donate at 1UU. Can't say Donate decks have been running around lately and another Donate will fix that. Lose Some is absolutely useless without Win Some, not to mention being really confusing. The card is simple, yet confusing.

Score: 4/10

BIRDYYY
Quote:

Old
(1B)
Sorcery
Divide 3 -1/-1 counters among any amount of creatures.

Fuse

School
(3W)
Sorcery

Target Non-creature Permanent becomes a creature with power and toughness equal to its mana cost.

This card is weird. Divide is actually pretty good on its own, School is Karn's ability on a spell. I really like Old, but School is not cool.

Score: 6/10

Damn, judging all this took longer than I thought. Based on score, Domine is the winner with a perfect 10/10. You may start the next CaC anytime now Domine.
warwizard87

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops forgot a card was named pillage....how did I forget that embarrassing. But def the best card won love that design.
huntergatsby

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or metalcraft creatures.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your original post about "must be modern/legacy playable" threw me off in my power level design; the winning design absolutely would see no play in either of those formats.
warwizard87

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sc4rs wrote:
Your original post about "must be modern/legacy playable" threw me off in my power level design; the winning design absolutely would see no play in either of those formats.

It could see play in modern uwr flash as a one of, but that's about it.
Steveman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sc4rs wrote:

All the ones that would be playable in those formats weren't that good though so I went with best design.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine was not bad, it was "too wordy and loses its elegance" ;-P
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3