Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Xathrid Necromancer and Gather the Townsfolk

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Bande

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Xathrid Necromancer and Gather the Townsfolk Reply with quote

I see Aristocrats playing this, so assume they are doing so because Gather Townfolks human tokens generate zombies. BUT I thought "dies" means goes to graveyard, and I thought tokens don't go to graveyard, so am confused. Smile Do the tokens generate 2/2 zombie tokens?

Thanks
hrollurfrakk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they do. Tokens die - they go to the graveyard. They just "disappear" when they hit GY, so they don't exist there when the state-based effects would be checked next time.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokens do indeed go to the graveyard. They cease to exist as a state based action upon arriving in any zone other than the battlefield, but they do go there first and may trigger some abilities by doing so.

704.5d If a token is phased out, or is in a zone other than the battlefield, it ceases to exist.
Bande

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Smile
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1