Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC 226 JUDGED

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
BIRDYYY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mountain Duplicator.
(R) Enchant Mountain.

Whenever you tap enchanted mountain for mana add (RR) to your mana pool and sacrifice Mountain Duplicator at the end of your turn.

More fair Rite of Flame and would work great with an original twiddle idea Wink
Livermush

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbarians at the Gate | 1R
Sorcery (Common)

Put a 2/1 red barbarian creature token into play. Whenever an opponent plays an island, you may return Barbarians at the Gate to your hand.

They thirst for knowledge...to destroy
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hephaestus' Blessing 1R

Enchantment - Aura (common)

Enchant equipment

Enchanted equipment has "Equip {R}"
Domine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be the hardest round to judge in a very long time so bear with me, sorry again to CMA-Flippi for taking his CaC, this is my punishment. As this is is extra difficult I'll just give comments with no grade, I'll announce the winner at the end of the post.

Quote:
Electrivation..............R
Instant.....................C

Electrivation deals 2 damage to target creature. That creature attacks this turn if able.

The gods need not travel for small tasks as a bit of lightning makes for ample motivation.

This fits the criteria in all ways possible, it's simple, well designed, fits into any world and it's a common, very good job there.

New postPosted: 15 Jul 2013 03:01 Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Plasma Arc R

Instant - common

Plasma Arc deals 1 damage to target creature or player.

Ashify 1 - (draw 1 card then discard 1 card fom your hand.)

Hot yes?

Ok, we have a red mechanic just there, I think we have something going on there buuuuuut for a red mechanic named Ashify it should be you may discard a card first then if you do, draw a card, that way it's more red and feel more like "ash".

Quote:
Arena Fighting- 2R
Instant (common)

Choose one - Creatures target player controls attack this turn if able; or creatures target player controls block this turn if able

"This must be your first day here, huh?"

Yeah, it makes perfect sense, arena fighting feels roma of course but the thing is that a card named arena fighting should have the mechanic "fight" on it. Other than that it fits well.

Quote:
Barbarism - 1R (Common)
Enchantment - Aura

Enchant Creature

Enchanted creature gets +3/+1 and attacks each turn if able

When I read this card it made me remember the scene on 300 when the guy with the whip threatens with punish them for their barbarism and he loses his arm, cool scene and cool card, it fits the criteria and feels Theros like.

Quote:
Chariot Driver 2R

Creature -- Human Soldier (common)

T: target human gets +1/+0, haste, and trample until end of turn.

1/1

It feels red, I would probably have given first strike instead of trample, but it's not something major, trample also feels chariot like, good card, good call.

Quote:
Nemean Rage - R
Instant (common)
Legendary creatures you control get +2/+2 untill the end of turn
Nemey is the home for the most cruel heroes

I also think legendary it's going to be a sub-theme on Theros this would fit, I think this is a uncommon card tho. maybe it's just me but a global boost in red feels uncommon specially if it's for legendary creature, I repeat, maybe it's just me.

Quote:
Strength of the Demigod
3RR - Common
Enchantment - Aura
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gets +3/+3 and gains first strike.
"A true hero isn't measured by the size of his strength, but by the size of his heart."

Yes this feels right in the set, cost enough to be a common, fits well, kudos for the ilustration, I can see that card straight from there into the game. Cool.

Quote:
Ungained Glory - R
Sorcery - Common
Creatures you control get +3/+3 until end of turn.
Creatures you control can't attack this turn.
Sometimes, the hero is simply too late

I like the card and the flavor of it, but I have to problems with it, Can't attack this turn surely doesn't feel red, I understand the concept, but I feel this card is white, don't get me wrong, I like the design, I just don't see it fit in red.

Quote:
Shaking Earth
RR
Sorcery
Common

Return target land to it's owner's hand.

A god's whim can change a landscape around in the blink of an eye till it takes weeks to find even your own hometown again.

Aha, ok, This is really hard to judge, either it fits mecahnically on red and it becomes brilliant or it just doesn't feel red and it can't be done, IN MY OPINION, which is the only one I have, this is an excellent fit, We won't have 3 mana land destruction anymore, at least not frequently so red still needs a way to deal with lands, bouncing is not traditionally red but it was shifted in Time Spiral, so yes.

Quote:
Wannabe Hero 1R

Creature - Human Warrior [Common]

When Wannabe Hero becomes blocked, sacrifice it.

"I have the strength to take on any... Nevermind. Run away!"

2/1

I suppose that's a playtest name, so I'm going to take it like it, other than that; yes, I like it.

Quote:
Alexander's Ire R instant (common)

Deal 3 damage to target creature you do not control and 3 damage to target creature you do control.

'Alexander was called great, not because of his skill with a sword his courage in combat, but because above all else he was fair and no attribute is more important in a king.'

Well aside from the fact that they won't put Alex The Great in a card, the card is balanced, and a good fit for red at common.

Quote:
Bolt of Zeus R

Instant - C

Bolt of Zeus deals 2 damage to target creature. If that creature is legendary, Bolt of Zeus deals 4 damage to that creature instead.

While Zeus' lightning bolts are devastating, they're most effective when used against mighty foes.

Again Zeus is not going to be in the cards, but it fits the whole legendary subtheme presumed for Theros.

Quote:
Auraclasm
3R
Sorcery - Common
Auraclasm deals 1 damage to each creature. If a creature that would be dealt damage this way is enchanted, Auraclasm deals 6 damage to that creature instead.
To the pure, a hot wind. To the augmented, a towering inferno.

A global killer than this feels uncommon to me, even if it's situational.

Quote:
Razormane Minotaur 1RR
Creature - Minotaur C
Sacrifice Razormane Minotaur: Razormane Minotaur deals damage to target player equal to the number of nonbasic lands that player controls.
Like a sharp blade out of its sheath, a Minotaur out of the maze is a perpetual threat.

If this was a 2/1 or something like that, I would say it's a common, but as a 3/2 this card is uncommon in my book. The design is cool by the way.

Quote:
Gobbling Goblin R

Creature-Goblin (C)

When Gobbling Goblin comes into play, you may sacrifice a creature. If you do, Gobbling Goblin get's +1/+1 and haste until end of turn.

1/1

"Gobble gobble gobble, nom nom nom"

I like the pun in the name, I like the design, and I'm sure it fits in most sets. Cool card.

Quote:
Mountain Duplicator.
(R) Enchant Mountain.

Whenever you tap enchanted mountain for mana add (RR) to your mana pool and sacrifice Mountain Duplicator at the end of your turn.

Very red card, well designed, everything there fits,

Quote:
Barbarians at the Gate | 1R
Sorcery (Common)

Put a 2/1 red barbarian creature token into play. Whenever an opponent plays an island, you may return Barbarians at the Gate to your hand.

I like the card but a 2/1 token at common seems really unlikely under the NWO, this is an uncommon in my book.

Quote:
Hephaestus' Blessing 1R

Enchantment - Aura (common)

Enchant equipment

Enchanted equipment has "Equip {R}"

I LOVE this card, absolutely it's unexplored card design but I hate to say that this can't be a common under new world order. I really sorry, I just feel this wouldn't be printed at common.

Quote:
Hero's Fall 1B
Instant - common
Each player sacrifices a legendary creature.

Sorry, that is black.

So, after judging, I apologize for any mistakes and sorry for the brief commentaries on some cards, it's just the commons aren't as exciting as some other cards.

So, there were some cards that fit the criteria exactly as I asked and I had no problems with them.

Those cards were:

Stucco's Electrivation
Dr Moo's Barbarism
_Godica's Chariot Driver
Bairdsy's Strength of the Demigod
Canabiest's Shaking Earth
BIRDYYY's Mountain Duplicator
huntergatsby's Gobbling Goblin

And the winner is:

Dr Moo's Barbarism

Runner ups:

Canabiest's Shaking Earth
Bairdsy's Strength of the Demigod
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, exactly my concern as well. I just wanted to bring the concept out there since it seemed like a good shot in general, not at common sadly. Red commons are tough to do, so little design space besides haste and damage.
Also it might make a bit more sense in the equipment color white. But as far as I know red is secondary in equip terms.

gg Dr_Moo
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mogg Fanatic is so powerfull for a common and Hurloon was 2/3 so.... may be 2/1 was better Very Happy
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2