Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC 223 JUDGED

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
NearSideMoon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

System of Revocation - UBGW
Instant

Exile target permanent and all permanents with that name in all graveyards.

Draw a card.
Jpsn54

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought Consumption - WUBR

Sorcery - Rare

Target opponent sends the top 10 cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.

Name three cards. Thought Consumption deals damage to target opponent equal to the number of named cards in his or her graveyard and you gain that much life.

"Your mind is quite reinvigorating" - Jace
Canabiest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crushing Drought
WBGR
Instant
Rare

Crushing Drought can't be countered by spells and abilities.
Spells you control can't be countered by spell and abilities until end of turn.

Destroy target permanent.

It is designed around the lack of blue, the name alluding to a long time without water. The abilities being about stopping one of the abilities that are almost exclusive to blue: countering and doing one thing blue can't do, destroying permanents.

Last edited by Canabiest on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
huntergatsby

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be too complicated but this is hybrid mana cost with the same concept as Flame Javelin.

Xainas, Dark Staticcaster (2/U/W/)(2/B/R/)

Legendary Creature-Illusion Assasin (MR)

Flash;Deathtouch

T Deal 1 Damage to target creature.

Whenever a creature dies, you may put a -1/-1 counter on Xainas and untap it

0/3

He wanders the world looking for those worthy enough to die by his hand
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr_Moo wrote:
Bairdsy: http://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=174973

Thanks for the heads up. Updated my entry.
Domine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Isadron, the Outcast WUBG

Legendary Creature - Dragon (mythic)

Flying

WUBG: Destroy target mountain or red permanent.

4/4

Vindictiven
ess is scary. Especially if it has wings this size to haunt you.

I like the flavor of the card, a Dragon outcast and everything, buuuuuut mechanically itís weird that a red hoser is not UW, it destroys permanents so I guess that makes it a little black and green (lands) but itís weird for red and green to destroy only mountains, overall I like the card but itís not as 4 colors as I would want. 8/10.

Quote:
Split the Earth WBRG

Sorcery -- Rare

Search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. Then destroy each other land that shares a land type with it. You lose 1 life for each land destroyed this way.

For me it makes perfect sense that a non-blue card itís about lands, each other color seems to have a relation to lands except blue, the effect itself feels appropriate, green searches, red destroys, white puts the balance and black punishes you, it doesnít feel like a Chinese menu card which is good, good job 9/10

Quote:
Faulem, agent of Architect (B/U)(U/W)(W/B)(B/G)

Planeswalker - Faulem (Mythic)

+1: Scry 2

+0: Tap target creature. It doesn't untap during its controller's next untap step.

-1: Search your library for a land card and put it into the battlefield tapped.

-6: Each opponent discards his or her hand, then loses life equal to his or her discarded cards' total converted mana cost.

Itís a little weird that you can cast it for WWBB or UUBB and search for lands, also the effects are Chinese menu, it has an effect for each color, to be completely honest I donít exactly love it, it doesnít help that it has no starting loyality so I can only assume, either way itís a good try but not what Iím looking for.
6/10

Quote:
Shard Traitor - 1(U/G)BR
Creature - Human Lich (Rare)

Devour 3
Unearth U(B/R)

Shard Traitor has trample if it devoured a creature.

1/1

In a world like Alara, it is important to learn everything you can.

It seems underpowered to me, also, I feel like this card could easily be any combination of green, red and black, it doesnít seems blue at all, 6/10

Quote:
Transversal Orb BWUR
Artifact (Mythic)

Whenever a creature enters the battlefield, its owner shuffles a creature he or she controls into his or her library.

Whenever a spell or ability causes a player to shuffle his or her library, Transversal Orb deals 2 damage to him or her.

Don't try to master the universe... it will not end well

WellÖ this seems very overpowered to me, against any aggro strategy, removal plus this itís gg right there, I like the overall tone of the card, it sure feels like an unique effect which is fine for a 4 color artifact, something unique indeed, I like the design but needs development in my opinion. 8.5/10

Quote:
Rainbow Champion - GWUR
Creature (Mythic) - Avatar
Protection from black
Creatures your opponents control are black, have first strike, flying, lifelink and deathtouch.
T: destroy target black creature
It turns evil into a real challenge before punish it
7/7

I get the flavor, colorful fighting black and I like it, but the thing isÖ mechanically it feels like a monowhite card, maybe GW because itís a fatty, but certainly not GWUR, it has nothing red nor blue on it.
5/10

Quote:
Jace the Unleashed | (U/R)(U/B)(U/G)1
Planeswalker - Jace | Mythic
+1 - Draw a card. Jace the Unleashed deals 1 damage to each opponent.
+1 - Put a 2/2 green and blue Weird creature token with flying onto the battlefield.
-2 - Return all non-Weird creatures to their owners hands. Each player loses life equal to the number of creatures returned to their hand this way.
-9 - Gain control of all permanents target player controls.
{4}

Well for starters this card is overpowered as hell, a 4 mana planeswalker that you can cast in a jund or a monoblue deck with 2 amazing plus abilities, a -2 devastating ability and a game winner finisher, it protects itself like no planewalker before, itís pretty hard to kill with creatures as it is, as for the design, the hybrid makes it not viable, because itís a jund card that can evacuate, it also feels Chinese menu, with one blue/red, one blue/green and one blue/black ability. Sorry too good and not well designed in my opinion. 5/10

Quote:
Blind Seer, Revealed - WURG
Planeswalker - Urza (Mythic)
+1: Reveal the top card of your library. If it's a land, you may put it onto the battlefield.
-1: You get an emblem with "At the beginning of your upkeep, put a +1/+1 counter on each creature"
-9: Remove all permanents from the game.
{5}

Well, as for power level it feels fine, but the thing is itís a GW card, mechanically it doesnít feel blue or red at all, I suppose the flavor wants it to be all 4 colors, but the card itself feels wrong as a 4 color planeswalker. 6/10

Quote:
Essence of Divinity BURG

Instant - Rare

Search your library for a white card, reveal it then put it into your hand. Shuffle your library.

Whenever you cast a white spell, if Essence of Divinity is in your graveyard, you may put it ontop of your library.

In death, in fire, there in wood and there in water; all is within divinity.

Ok, interesting card, the flavor seems fine, everything is divine and linked to white, fine, I get that, but, the tutor part is black maybe blue and the recurring ability is black and maybe green, the card is certainly not red, the effect is unique enough to let me pass that for flavor reasons, ok, it must be all other 4 colors and push you to play white, I suppose the cards makes sense in a 5 color control deck, itís a good try, I like it but donít love it, 8/10

Quote:
Mystic Predator
WGBR
Creature - Lhurgoyf - Rare
When Mystic Predator enters the battlefield, exile all other creatures until Mystic Predator leaves the battlefield.
Mystic Predator's power and toughness are equal to the number of creatures exiled with it.
*/*
Big eyes. Bigger stomach. Biggest appetite.

Ok, at first sight the card mechanically feels GW buuuuuuut, I can see the black on it, draining the power of others, philosophically itís kind of a weird GB grow thing it doesnít translate to mechanics, where it feels white and green, the red is a little trickier, I donít even see a flavor justification, the card is great but itís a GBW card at best. Good try, I really like the card. 7/10

Quote:
Nature's Bane - WURB (Mythic Rare)
Artifact Creature - Horror Construct

Trample, Protection from Green

Whenever Nature's Bane enters the battlefield or attacks, destroy target Forest or Green permanent.

Gaea had never regretted creating humans...until humans created it.

5/5

An artifact horror construct that destroys forest and green permanents? Black with some blue on it, certainly as far as one can get from white, Iím sorry even the flavor of the card is UB, artificially made destroyer of nature is blue and black, mechanically and philosophically. 5/10

Quote:
Idol of Rejection of Darkness | 4
Artifact (Mythic)

Rejection of Darkness is every color except black.

Creatures you control are indestructible.

At the beginning of each player's upkeep, lose 1 life for each creature you control.

This is hard to judge, Itís interesting, I mean itís technically a 4 color card, but you can cast it in any monocolor deck, I like how the effect and the drawback, synchronize to go against black, overall I think is a solid effort, but I donít know, seems that 4 mana for making all creature indestructible is a little too over the top. 7/10

Quote:
Possession WUBR
Sorcery - Rare
Target opponent reveals his or her hand. You may choose a creature card from it and put it onto the battlefield under your control. That creature gains haste. Exile it at the beginning of the next end step.
The pleasure of possessing surpasses all expressing.

Ok, this is really interesting, itís a unique effect that somehow resemble a lot of cards, itís a castigate with a threaten on it, and somehow it also feels a little blue, revealing information from your opponent and gaining control of a creature feels blue, also it doesnít seem like a Chinese menu card, it feels like one single unique effect. I like the card a lot, really really like it, very well done 10/10

Quote:
Bloodlust Berserker......................WRBG
Creature - Vampire Warrior...........R

Deathtouch, Lifelink

Whenever Bloodline Berserker deals combat damage to a player, put that many +1/+1 counters on it.

"Day 54: Further testing will be halted. Despite remarkable improvements made to the subjects physical characteristics, the resulting proliferation in psychotic behavior has....Aaauugghh"

5/5

This is mechanically very cool, it has all the necessary abilities to feel like a 4 color card, feels a little Chinese menu but not quite enough, kudos for that, itís quite the threat, very efficient, but the flavor seems like a black card, maybe black/red, anyways overall a really good card. 9/10

Quote:
Horror of Phyrexia UBRG

Creature - Horror [Rare]

Infect, Intimidate, Trample

When Horror of Phyrexia enters the battlefield or dies, target player gets a poison counter.

4/4

The poison dude, all colors that have poison are there, also the abilities fits, but, overall the card seems not to need the blue nor the red, feels like black green, the flavor seems black, well itís a good beatstick capable of killing a dude by itself, great effort. 8.5/10

Quote:
Savage Hydra
BRGW - Mythic
Creature - Beast
Double strike, deathtouch.
4/4
These hydra have little capacity for thought, but their capacity for killing makes them a deadly adversary.Ē - Vedalken Encyclopedia of Fauna.

Haha, bravo, in my humble opinion an amazing design, simple, elegant, itís one of those card that make you think ďwhy havenít I thought of that beforeĒ two simple abilities that are shared by two color pairs, even tho. It could be say a RB card or something like that, the four colors makes it possible to be so efficient, RW is better at double strike than 1W or 1R same goes to deathtouch, the only thing I would change is the hydra name, for two reasons 1) hydras are trying to become greens iconic big creature type, and 2) because itís a beast, even then the elegancy and simplicity make it awesome in my eyes. 10/10

Quote:
System of Revocation - UBGW
Instant

Exile target permanent and all permanents with that name in all graveyards.

Draw a card.

Haha, itís all there, it fits, a simple yet devastating effect, so efficient and so elegantly done, the green seems a bit out of tone, but this is dealing with the graveyard, so I want to let it go, if it wasnít because I can easily see this card as a BW card (with a much higher converted mana cost) It would be perfect. 9/10

Quote:
Thought Consumption - WUBR

Sorcery - Rare

Target opponent sends the top 10 cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.

Name three cards. Thought Consumption deals damage to target opponent equal to the number of named cards in his or her graveyard and you gain that much life.

"Your mind is quite reinvigorating" Ė Jace

I donít know why, because itís a perfectly aceptable card, but I think itís a Little forced, donít get me wrong itís well designed but I feel itís just two cards smashed together, the flavor is there, the colors are there, everything fits fine, I just think it doesnít have the cohesion of other 4 color effects. 9/10

Quote:
Crushing Drought
WBGR
Instant
Rare

Crushing Drought can't be countered by spells and abilities.
Spells you control can't be countered by spell and abilities until end of turn.

Destroy target permanent.

When designing 4 colors cards one way to go itís exploiting the lack of a color, that is a very good way to see it, some of the cards here tried to do that, but in my honest opiniůn this is the best example of that kind of design, first because the effect is simple and uses all colors and the other anti blue part fits well, yeah, yeah, I like it, itís the way it should be done, the flavor also fits perfectly 10/10

Quote:
Xainas, Dark Staticcaster (2/U/W/)(2/B/R/)

Legendary Creature-Illusion Assasin (MR)

Flash;Deathtouch

T Deal 1 Damage to target creature.

Whenever a creature dies, you may put a -1/-1 counter on Xainas and untap it

0/3
He wanders the world looking for those worthy enough to die by his hand

Iím sorry man, but 4 colorless mana to kill 3 opponent creatures at almost instant speed, (flash it EOT) kill everyone at your main phase is you nuts, not gonna happened, also I donít see the white on it anywhere, Iím sorry. 5/10

So, in the end, I graded 3 cards with a perfect score:

Possession by Thelemys
Savage Hydra by Bairdsy
Crushing Drought by Canabiest

they all fit the criteria and were what I was looking for, but I have to give a winner and just for personal preference and elegance which I value a lot the winner is

Bairdsy with Savage Hydra

I want to thank everyone for their entries and I hope that everyone is happy with my judging.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad my card was right to the spot Smile
I think it's exactly what some meta needs to get rid of Emrakull and others biggies like Progenitus or Blightsteel Colossus.

GG all, go next.
Canabiest

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good judging there and deserved win to Bairdsy. I might have choosen Posession, which seemed more unique but a french vanilla not looking lost in four colors is indeed rather elegant.
Livermush

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You definitely picked the best card out of the lot. Glad you liked mine, though, I do always try to innovate (which is probably why I haven't won one of these in quite some time)
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have to remember that to win here you have to throw all good ideas overboard and create totally broken cards to impress the judge. Lets see if that works next time. Smile
sc4rs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My red was definitely a stretch. I was thinking, along the lines of Mr Weebles, to make a combination of a Jund creature with a white (exile until leaves the battlefield) ability.
Domine

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry if I made someone felt that the judging wasn't fair, but it's really subjective.

Also, if in a reasonable time no new contest is open, Thelemys feel free to open a new one.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything is fine Wink
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3