Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reviving ML Drafting - Earn Prizes

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited

Would you like this idea?
Yes
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
START NOW!! MOARRRR
77%
 77%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 27

Stypher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated Match Records / Points List
aeosynth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i run http://drafts.in/, any chance that site could replace netdraft?
Stypher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Aeosynth,
I am currently testing it for a possible replacement for NetDraft. There are a few issues which i still prefer NetDraft over draft.in. If you could add some functions that would be great!

Having a spot for a judge or a host seat that isn't part of the draft would be great.

Adjustable seating is pretty good as well.

A way to display the IP to prevent double joining.

Maybe integrated pairing system.
aeosynth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> judge / host seat, adjustable seating

ok

> A way to display the IP to prevent double joining.

i'd like to keep user details as private as possible, so will not do this. additionally, this does not prevent double joining, as anyone can use a proxy / vps to obtain additional addresses

> Maybe integrated pairing system.

like http://challonge.com/?

github issue created - tournament friendly
jdblack

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aeosynth wrote:
i'd like to keep user details as private as possible, so will not do this. additionally, this does not prevent double joining, as anyone can use a proxy / vps to obtain additional addresses

How about hashing the IP with a random, quickly discarded string? Not foolproof (proxy/vps as you point out), but would discourage practically all instances.
aeosynth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what if two unrelated users share the same ip address, eg students on a college campus using the same wifi network? multiple account creation is a problem that imo should be solved by m-l, not d.in. anyway, don't you need an ip address to play over mws? make everyone give theirs to the host, and she can check if two users give the same address

edit: you guys meet over irc, that provides another way to check who is sharing a connection
jdblack

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah proxying or NAT'ing is a wrinkle every competitive site/service that cares about cheaters has to account for, but with such a small setting (8 people) it isn't a big deal to ask "Hey, why are both of you on the same IP?"

Innocent people will be fine, but I've seen a few guilty people caught over the years (NetDraft displays their unobfuscated IPs now.)
aeosynth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldn't mind telling the host that two users have the same ip, without revealing what that ip is. github issue updated
Stypher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be perfect. A simple highlighted name or some indication as to when 2 ip's are the same. That would leave it up to the host to deal with the situation.
JC_Strainer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this still going? Really interested in this awesome idea.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2