Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alters/Getting cards signed at Events

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
MarkovXII

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Alters/Getting cards signed at Events Reply with quote

I am going to GP Vegas for MMA sealed and there are going to be alot of artist there i want to get signatures/alters from.

so from what i understand is the artist dont ask for anything for these but they do accept tips and donations.

So is there a rule of thumb or general practice for tiping them?

Some artist I only want there signature on a couple of random cards some I'd like to get a playset altered if possible, and some i have a playset or so that i think would be cool to have signed or will just increase there value.

I understand the value of these artist to the game and I dont want to feel like I am taking advantage of them but I also dont have a ton of money to get everything I want done so I want to prioritize base on what i should give.

Thanks for any comments
ZoraHero

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its generally a good idea to tip them for Alters, since it is semi-original, signings i don't think require a tip, it really doesnt take any effort, unless you're having them sign a stack of cards dont bother tipping for that, Alters, depending on how big i would tip 5-15 for, if its a really slight alter (sharpied) then like 2 or 3
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1