Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

216 CAC Judged!

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Raves

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: 216 CAC Judged! Reply with quote

Quote:
At my heart I'm a player that likes to play blue and do things with those cards that put me in the best position to win. Whether it's countering spells, drawing cards with Fact or Fiction, bouncing them with Upheaval, playing Morphling type creatures, you get the picture. I also feel like blue has been getting a major shaft, outside of well Jace and a few others, but I think it needs a power boost.

Judging will be on a scale of 1-10.

Rules:
Must be blue, type doesn't matter.
Must be powerful, but not overpowered.

Entries:
_Godica
Quote:

Teferi's Intern U

Creature -- Human Wizard (Uncommon)

Tap: Draw a card, then put a card from your hand on the bottom of your library.

Sacrifice Teferi's Intern: Counter target spell that targets a creature you control.

1/1

"Teferi, this is the third research assistant you've asked for. What do you keep doing with them?"
--Tolarian Registrar.

Unique, yet familiar, gives blue and advantage while not being overpowered and an ability to protect your late game threat, I like it but might be a little underpowered as a whole. 8/10

GuitarDude
Quote:
Wizard of Wonders 3UU

Creature - Merfolk Wizard

Hexproof

Tap: Counter target spell. You lose 5 life

2/2

Mythic Rare

Hexproof that can tap to just counter a spell. On a small body keeps it from being overpowered typically, but paying 5 life to use... outside of a dedicated life gain deck his power is limited, especially coming down at 5 mana and unable to be turn 6 at earliest. 7/10

Dev
Quote:
Teferi, Ascended Wizard - UUU

Planeswalker

+1: Until the end of target opponents next turn, you may cast cards from your hand as if they were instants or had flash.
+1: Search your library for a card. Put that card 2nd from the top.
-7: Permanents your opponents control don't untap during their untap phase.

Loyalty 3

I think the first ability needs to be modified to non-land permanents, but actually with the new rules that might not be necessary. Both abilities definitely give blue an ability to make noise in both searching and casting spells at instand speed, then a massive sleep is nice. Almost perfect. 9.5/10

Bairsday
Quote:
Final Say
2UU
Instant - Uncommon
Counter all spells and abilities.
(When Final Say resolves, all spells and abilities remaining on the stack are countered.)
“No.” - Jace Beleren

4 mana, counterspell, could help in counterspell wars, but overall likely just a big stifle that's easy to stop overall. 6/10

AxiomBlurr
Quote:
Aurora Melody 1U

Instant - Uncommon

Return target spell to its owner's hand.
Scry 2.

The song of the universe sings universally.

So Remand with Scry at the same cost... you could've at least made it UU. Still I don't think Remand is massively overpowered but adding Scry makes it damn near. But you make the final round. Also like the edit from it basically be a Seal which would've been overpowered. 9.5/10

thelemys
Quote:
Pillars of Illusion UU

Enchantment Rare
Whenever a player casts an instant, he may pay 2. If he does, he may return target permanent to its owner's hand.
Nothing is what it seems to be... The world is only reflections.

Not a bad card, but seems like a GU card... just doesn't see how it really makes blue better right now, at best it's turn 3 UUU Thoughtscour and bounce. 6/10

Canabiest
Quote:
Esper Terramorphics
1U
Instant
Common

Return target nonartifact permanent to it's owner's hand.

Basically Boomerang but only changing the UU to 1U is pretty powerful tempo as I don't see them making Boomerang again as it's too powerful to be able to go 1st and bounce target land on turn 2, do it again turn 3, do it again turn 4 etc... just a little too tempoish. I put this in the overpowered category.

CMA-Flippi
Quote:
Sanity Leak UUU
Instant (Uncommon)
Draw three cards.

I like this, instant card draw, definite blue favor, but not quite powerful enough. 9/10

iSperia
Quote:
Sudden Tide - U
Instant (rare)
Return all creatures that came into play this turn into their owners' hands.
Ocean will stop the hordes. - Arcanis, the Omnipotent

I like this card a lot, definitely stops counter decks, but seems more like a SB card, if this was judging cards for their SB potential it's a 10/10 in it's ability to stop a lot decks, but maindeck just doesn't seem good enough. 7.5/10

Duodax
Quote:
Mindstorm U

Instant - COMMON

Draw three cards, then put two cards from your hand on the bottom of your library.

This is strictly better than Brainstorm as someone else mentioned, overpowered.

checoso
Quote:
Arpheo, the Genius 3UU

Planeswalker - Arpheo - Mythic

(+1) - Each player exiles a creature.

(-3) - Tap all permanents target player controls and empty his or her mana pool.

(-9) - You get an emblem with "Whenever you cast a spell, reveal 3 cards from the top of your library, you may choose one of them and put it on your hand, then, exile the rest"

This is basically blue permanent removal spells as you can slip this in a mono blue deck running just AEtherling and permanently exiles cards, just a little powerful. Tapping all permanent's isn't too bad, and the emblem is fine, but the first ability is just way too powerful even with starting off at 5 cost. Overpowered.

Livermush
Quote:
Chronolocalypse | 3UU
Sorcery (Mythic)

The game ends in a draw.

Very Unique, but not quite powerful enough and enough decks running blue end in draws, all this will do is piss people off more than Orim's Chant on Scepter. 3/10

pseudodespot
Quote:
Sphinx of the Empty Minds 1UU

Creature - Sphinx (rare)

Flying

When ~ enters the battlefield, discard your hand.

When ~ dies, draw 7 cards.

4/5

Very Unique card, very flavorful. Almost reminds me of Serendib Efreet. It goes against Blue's typical desire to keep cards in hand but let's you be super aggressive while being able to refill your hand after dying. Can also have a negative impact if they kill it with the discard ability on the stack killing it so you discard the 7 cards from it dying as well. 9/10

GreenBear
Quote:

Arcane flux UU - instant uncommon

Remove target spell from the game.

'The evolution of these imbeciles some how allowed them to develop resistance to certain magic's. So we to must evolve more effective answers.'

This is Counterspell that stops Counterflux, Supreme Verdict, Abrupt Decay, as well as anything cast by Cavern of Souls etc. This is a little overpowered, especially in this environment with Snapcaster, should cost more and remove itself, at UUU and removes itself would make this a perfect 10/10, but instead it's 12/10 and overpowered.

sc4rs
Quote:
Master of the Torn Aeons
1U
Creature - Human Wizard - Rare
At the beginning of your end step, if you have eight or more cards in hand, you may exile four cards from your hand and take an additional turn after this one.
2/1

Very nice, not quite overpowered, but still rather powerful. Removing multiple cards does hurt, and will often cause you to miss land drops etc early on if you want to take advantage of it. You've made the finals. 9.5/10

Stucco
Quote:
Spell-studded Gauntlets............1UU
Artifact - Equipment....................R

You control equipped creature.

Why train an army when you can sabotage your opponent's? It's amazing how many battle hardened warriors leap at new glistening armor.

UU: Equip Spell-studded Gauntlets to target creature you don't control. Activate this ability only when you can cast a sorcery.

I love the concept, but overpowered as even Shackles doesn't let you take creatures without restrictions for such a cheap cost. Overpowered

Domine
Quote:
Tidal Charm UU

Instant

Choose one - Return target nonland permanent to its owner's hand; or counter noncreature spell; or draw three cards, then put three cards from your hand on bottom of your library in any order.

Uncommon.

It's Boomerang, Negate, and a slightly more powerful Brainstorm all in one card... I like this card a lot as well. 9.5/10

BuryurDead
Quote:
The Mind's Eye 3UUUU

Legendary Enchantment - Mythic Rare

Your opponent plays with his hand revealed.

You may play cards from your opponents hand by exiling a card that shares a type with it

I'm confused on this card, do you still have to pay the casting cost? If so then underpowered, if not then it's not completely overpowered. 8/10

Dr_Moo
Quote:
Teferi, Master of Time - UUUU (Mythic Rare)
Planeswalker - Teferi

+5: Target opponent takes an extra turn after their next turn.

-2: Draw two cards. You skip your next untap step.

-4: Take an extra turn after this turn.

//4

Interesting card, but giving your opponent draws, skipping your own draws, or basically just making it a UUUU Time Warp, but I dunno. I feel like even as a Time Warp alone it's underpowered. 7/10

Epic-Juzam37
Quote:
Mind Pry 1UU
Instant Rare

Look at target player's library and shuffle. Name a card, the chosen card cannot be played this turn. Draw a card.

Nice concept, just not very powerful overall unless you know the exact contents of their deck and/or hand. Almost a 1UU draw a card at instant speed. 3/10

ck3gds
Quote:

Aetherplate 1U

Artifact — Equipment (rare)

Equipped creature has hexproof.

U: Exile equipped creature. Return it to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step, then attach Aetherplate to it.

Equip 1U

This makes everything into a mix of Morphling and AEtherling... Which I like, the fact that it automatically reattaches makes it a little overpowered as if you equip with 1UUU open they will never be able to kill it unless the card has Split Second as you can just blink, return, blink again, and still have hexproof. 9.5/10

Multiple cards have 9.5/10, but the winner is Dev with Teferi, Ascended Wizard. The card is just very blue flavor and does just about everything you would want from a blue planeswalker not named Jace without deserving an instant ban.
BuryurDead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea. Ment to slap in the without paying its mana cost but daughter was yelling at me to watch
dora so i sorta rushed it xD
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judge is always right.
But in a deck like this:
http://www.magic-league.com/deck/81623/standard_t2.html#UB Control138734

Transforming Think Twice, Syncopate or even Victim of Night in Cryptic Command seems good to me.
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good judging thank you!

but just to point out,,,,my card is way way way better than remand....cos it can be used on cards that cannot be countered...
_Godica

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The winning card allows you to search your library, and does not require you to shuffle afterwards. Seems a bit overpowered to me Smile
Raves

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Godica wrote:
The winning card allows you to search your library, and does not require you to shuffle afterwards. Seems a bit overpowered to me Smile

I'm sure it was just an oversight and I tried ny best to interpret the cards as they were meant not just what was typed as sometimes little clauses are missed, like the card that let you play your opponents cards, I realized the intent and judged it based off said intent. If I missed it on some then that just means they made the card overpowered.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go next!!!
Thelemys

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, someone with 9.5 leads the next CAC.
Raves

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelemys you got 2nd go.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 6/10.....
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1