Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 211 - Mana Ramper - JUDGED!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flamestone Priestess 1R
Creature Human Shaman (Rare)

Haste

T: Add (R) to your mana pool. If that mana is spent on an instant or sorcery spell, that spell can't be countered by spells or abilities and the damage can't be prevented.

"Just one sip of flamestone potion will make your blood boil.

1/1
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extraction Device 2

Artifact - Uncommon

Exile a creature card from your graveyard: Add any one mana of that card's colors to your mana pool.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman of the Wild Heart
RG
Creature - Barbarian Shaman - Rare
T: Reveal a card at random from your hand. If it is a creature card, add RG to your mana pool. Otherwise, add 1 to your mana pool.
1/1
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Green Light G
Instant U
Target creature gains hexproof until end of turn. Add to your mana pool an amount of green mana equal to thats creature's power.
Sometimes shade provides less protection than light.

Art: http://sid75.deviantart.com/
Mrrr

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Cull - B

Instant - uncommon

As an additional cost to cast Soul Cull, discard a card.

Add an amount of black mana to your mana pool equal to the discarded card's converted mana cost.
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mrrr wrote:
Soul Cull - B

Instant - uncommon

Add an amount of black mana to your mana pool equal to the discarded card's converted mana cost.

this is not broken at all
stefanos

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Transmogrifier

Artifact, 2

2 Tap, Target permanent you control becomes a basic land type of your choice as long as transmogrifier remains in the battlefield.

Art would be an intricate machinery , that would feature 2 sides (input - output), chained creatures for example in one side and energy coming out from the other.
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JUDGING

iSperia wrote:
Jungle Shaman (R/W)(G)
Creature - Cat Druid (rare)
T: untap target Plains, target Forest and target Swamp
For the snake, the lion and a lizard!
2/1

Picture may look like a lion-like cat with a staff is stanging in the middle of jungle forest, and some magical streams of three colours (green white red) are coming out of the staff, and each stream ends up with a silhouette of a snake, of a cat, and of a lizard

I LIKE: The creativity & originality of this. Its powerful if you have the 3 lands but thats a big restriction. The flavour is also nice (mostly - see below).
I DISLIKE: Why does a RWG shaman produce GWB? While I agree its not overpowered, it does still seem undercosted to me. I think RWG would have been a more appropriate cost.
SCORE: 7/10

nb: when the guy who is judging gives you feedback, its usually better to take it than argue with it Razz

Raybelfast wrote:
Undercity Grove BGG
Enchantment -Rare
Sacrifice a black creature you control, add GG
to your mana pool.
"The golgari reclaim the Undercity piece by piece"
Image would be an abandoned underground dwelling of some kind covered with vines and the bodies of dead creatures among the vines"

I LIKE: This is well thought out. Giving green mana for black creatures makes it harder to abuse/break. Flavour is also nice.
I DISLIKE: It just doesnt feel that original.
SCORE: 8.5/10

Livermush wrote:
Hand of Relativity | (U/G)(U/G)(U/G)
Instant (Rare)
Split-Second
If U was spent to play Hand of Relativity, return all other spells on the stack to their owner's hands.
If G was spent to play Hand of Relativity, add X mana of any combination to your mana pool where X is the combined converted mana costs of all spells returned this way.

I LIKE: This is very creative and original.
I DISLIKE: It feels more U/R than U/G - One-off mana boosts are now firmly in red and not green. I also think the "all other spells" is a bit overkill. It would be more balanced if it was simply a counterspell that if you spent the second colour for it, you get the mana.
SCORE:7.5/10

Halldir wrote:
Bringer of Behemoths GG
Creature - Human Shaman (rare)
When Bringer of Behemoths enters the battlefield, you may put a mountain or plains from your hand onto the battlefield tapped.
1(R/W), Sacrifice Bringer of Behemoths: Search your library for mountain or plains card and put that card onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.
In the name of Mayael, behemoths, come and crush enemies of Naya!
1/1

I LIKE: The flavour here is nice and its well costed for the two nice abilities.
I DISLIKE: It loses points for meeting the spirit of the challenge (mana ramping) rather than the actual challenge requirement (produces mana). I also dont get how it "brings behemoths" - it brings lands instead.
SCORE: 6.5/10

ck3gds wrote:
Harbinger of Titans G
Creature Elf Druid (rare)
Whenever a creature with converted mana cost 6 or greater enters the battlefield under your control, if you cast it from anywhere, you may add X mana in any combination of colors to your mana pool, where X is that creature's power.
"One titan heralds the coming of many more of his kind."
1/1

I LIKE: This has good combo potential without being "clearly" broken. Flavour is also nice.
I DISLIKE: The "if you cast it from anywhere" seems clunky. Id either enforce it was cast from your hand, or just not have the restriction.
SCORE: 9/10

CMA-Flippi wrote:
Bear Shaman 1G (Uncommon)
Creature - Bear Shaman
tap: Add G to your mana pool.
2/2

I LIKE: The simplicity. The awesomeness of bears.
I DISLIKE: Wizards usually gives mana ability to druids, not shaman.

AxiomBlurr wrote:
Master Enslaver 1UB
Creature - Human Wizard - Rare
Flash
When Master Enslaver. enters the battlefield, tap target creature an opponent controls. That creature doesn't untap for as long as you control Master Enslaver. As long as that creature remains tapped, Master Enslaver has "T: Add U or B to your mana pool."
1/2
Only through me, shall you be free.

I LIKE: Not alot to be brutally honest. The flavour is ok.
I DISLIKE: I get that the flavour is UB, but the ability isnt. T:tap target creature is W and T: add mana is G. Also, why does it have flash when it can't tap without haste anyway?
SCORE:4.5/10

Dr_Moo wrote:
Stone of Treacherous Seas - 2 (Rare)
Artifact
As Stone of Treacherous Seas enters the battlefield, an opponent chooses a card type. Mana from Stone of Treacherous Seas cannot be spent to cast spells or activate abilities of cards of the chosen type.
T: Add UU to your mana pool.

I LIKE: This is a nice, creative twist on mana artifacts. I could see a cycle of these at uncommon. I like the interactivity with the opponent.
I DISLIKE: As I just said, this is very simple for Rare and would actually be healthy at uncommon for most limited environments.

Domine wrote:
Restless Production BG
Sorcery
Exile all creature cards in all graveyards, add X to your mana pool where X is the number of cards exiled.
"You can't say I'm too dead to work"
Uncommon.
Art description: A far away picture showing a lot of zombies opening other graves kind of resembling a factory.

I LIKE: The flavour is awesome. I think this is close to being a great card .....
I DISLIKE: .... if it didnt seem so broken. BG is full of ways to fill the graveyard and I can see this in a lot of decks reading BG - Add 30 to your mana pool.
SCORE: 8/10

Stucco wrote:
Dark Ritualist......................BB
Creature - Horror................U
Kicker - Sacrifice a creature.
When Dark Ritualist enters the battlefield, add B to your mana pool. if Dark Ritualist was kicked, add an additional BBB to your mana pool.
Treachery is a gift of complete freedom wrapped in limitless potential.
2/2

I LIKE: I love what you did in taking an iconic card and twisting it.
I DISLIKE: Unfortunately you chose a card which has been firmly removed from its colour's pool. I couldn't see Wizards printing this, but I could see a Desperate Ritualist for RR creating RRR.
SCORE: 8/10

_Godica wrote:
Mentalist 1U
Creature -- Human Wizard (uncommon)
Reveal the top card of your library, and leave it revealed: add one mana to your pool of any color in that card's cost. You may only use this ability if the top card of your library is not already revealed.
1/3

I LIKE: This is what a blue mana produce feels like to me.
I DISLIKE: I understand the "not already revealed" bit allows for mutliple draws in a turn, but it also makes the card way more complicated than a "once per turn" restriction would.

ShamedShadow wrote:
Steadfast Growth GG
Instant [Uncommon]
At the beginning of your next main phase, add GG to your mana pool.
Rebound

I LIKE: Its simple, its well balanced, its flavourful and its original. Those are hard to pull off together, but you managed it.
I DISLIKE: There is room for flavour text.
SCORE: 9.5/10

pseudodespot wrote:
Creature - Avatar
Flying
Put Avatar of Origin from your graveyard on the bottom of your library: Add WUBRG to your mana pool.
5/5
There is a being in this multiverse that just can't look back.

I LIKE: Its certainly original.
I DISLIKE: The wording needs to be refined, and I think there needs to be more bang for your buck than a 5/5 flyer for WUBRG to encourage actually casting it.
SCORE: 7.5/10

ikazuchi wrote:
Flamestone Priestess 1R
Creature Human Shaman (Rare)
Haste
T: Add (R) to your mana pool. If that mana is spent on an instant or sorcery spell, that spell can't be countered by spells or abilities and the damage can't be prevented.
"Just one sip of flamestone potion will make your blood boil.
1/1

I LIKE: This is well designed and very flavourful.
I DISLIKE: I wonder if its a tad too strong - I would probably have ONLY let the mana be spent on instants and sorceries, but Im nitpicking.

sc4rs wrote:
Shaman of the Wild Heart
RG
Creature - Barbarian Shaman - Rare
T: Reveal a card at random from your hand. If it is a creature card, add RG to your mana pool. Otherwise, add 1 to your mana pool.
1/1

I LIKE: Nice card.
I DISLIKE: The lack of flavour text or art description.

thelemys wrote:

Quote:
Green Light G
Instant U
Target creature gains hexproof until end of turn. Add to your mana pool an amount of green mana equal to thats creature's power.
Sometimes shade provides less protection than light.

Art: http://sid75.deviantart.com/

I LIKE: The flavour. The idea of the card.
I DISLIKE: A few things just dont seem to gel. The one-shot mana on an instant feels red, but the hexproof feels green. It also seems to abusable - it could give a LOT of mana for just G. Maybe RG? It could be just me, but SOMETHING feels off.
SCORE: 7.5/10

Mrrr wrote:
Soul Cull - B
Instant - uncommon

I LIKE: The name is cool.
I DISLIKE: This is CLEARLY broken.
SCORE: 6/10

angus wrote:
Transmogrifier
Artifact, 2
2 Tap, Target permanent you control becomes a basic land type of your choice as long as transmogrifier remains in the battlefield.
Art would be an intricate machinery , that would feature 2 sides (input - output), chained creatures for example in one side and energy coming out from the other.

I LIKE: This is very original and funky. I thought I would get more artifact submissions to be honest.
I DISLIKE: The "you control" is unneccessary - in fact it would be cooler if you could change opponents permanents to enable something like Armageddon or Stone Rain. I also think it might get very hard to remember what permanents are what type of land without some way to mark them (counters?)

The winner is ShamedShadow
Thelemys

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work.
Go next!

(Giant growth cost G Wink )
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
CMA-Flippi wrote:
Bear Shaman 1G (Uncommon)
Creature - Bear Shaman
tap: Add G to your mana pool.
2/2

I LIKE: The simplicity. The awesomeness of bears.
I DISLIKE: Wizards usually gives mana ability to druids, not shaman.

WELL, Did you ever see a Bear Druid?
Shit, Werebear has a point.

http://magiccards.info/query?q=werebear&v=card&s=cname
Livermush

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best judging I've seen in some time.
Livermush

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stucco wrote:
Quote:
I DISLIKE: Unfortunately you chose a card which has been firmly removed from its colour's pool. I couldn't see Wizards printing this, but I could see a Desperate Ritualist for RR creating RRR.

Yeah... blasted new-fangled color pie...

The last Liliana would claim otherwise.
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelemys wrote:
Nice work.
Go next!

(Giant growth cost G Wink )

I didnt mean 1CC instant, I meant an instant which gives you mana as a one-off, like a Desperate Ritual.
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks! New challenge incoming.
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you totally skipped my card? Sad
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3