Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pre-Con League

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
Scuta04

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so if were not giving anyone an advantage by staying out of their sets why are we starting with GTC when someone is playing that and someone is playing DGM?
GuitarDude

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had already announced that set and didn't feel it was right to change
Scuta04

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should just stick to keeping it random.. at least after a few weeks or whatev. we are gonna skip so many cards staying out of what? 25 sets? or a random 1 and 1 so you cant stack cards if it hits your set or something..
Halldir

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mby we should ask some1 from ML staff in future for help with this or to make a solo forum for this... give this two or three months and it will grow over small thread.... this can have rly good future imho Smile
Canabiest

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just set up the league first, see how the first week plays, before introducing a trade system.

When does the decklist have to be announced. Can I just build a deck tailored to beat each opponent every time, knowing their general archetype?
_Godica

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading is a bad idea imho. As it stands, everyone's deck will increase in power at roughly the same rate. There's some randomness, but that's what makes it fun.

A trade system would give those who have the most time to invest in trading a much faster increase in power than those who have little or no time.

Maybe others disagree with me, but if my card pool is weaker than someone else's, I'd rather it be because they got luckier with their packs than because they spent more time on IRC looking for trades than me.
Shades_Steel

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with _Godica, Trading (at least for the conceivable future) should be off the table, i kind of like the way this is going to work ATM, another thought i had was to run a tourny and the winner gets to pick which set the next set of boosters comes from, Still going to be mostly random but still something to play for
GuitarDude

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i originally set this up with Unbearable he told me to leave off trading we will move forward without it maybe we can revisit the idea in the future
GuitarDude

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canabiest wrote:
I would just set up the league first, see how the first week plays, before introducing a trade system.

When does the decklist have to be announced. Can I just build a deck tailored to beat each opponent every time, knowing their general archetype?

I had originally thought it would be a good idea for everyone to register their deck each week after they receive their cards. 60 card 15 or 0 sideboard but that puts deadlines on people that may not be on the same time and i want this to casual. When you go play someone in a best 2 out of 3 game you can't change your deck only with sideboard cards. So it is important as in the rules to ask they for what cards are in their deck and sideboard and check it out with their cardlist dropbox

Last edited by GuitarDude on Fri May 10, 2013 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Canabiest

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Registry each week seems like a good idea.
ivanmexican

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldnt it be better if you just let everyone know the security code of the registered deck, but not the actual deckslits, so nobody gets to know the cards from your deck and decks cant be tailored? It gives hidden and surprise situations, and also it contributes for a better metagame
Canabiest

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea with the sec codes and if you want a deckcheck after the match that still can be arranged.
Shades_Steel

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you have to submit a deck code at the beginning of each week or each round of a tourny ect whichever comes first yeah?

Also what does everybody think of the winner picks the next booster pack idea?
GuitarDude

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shades_Steel wrote:
So you have to submit a deck code at the beginning of each week or each round of a tourny ect whichever comes first yeah?

Also what does everybody think of the winner picks the next booster pack idea?

I will kick around ideas for a deck code and submission this week with some other people and see how everything plays out in the first few weeks.

Since there is no real winner or loser since this is not a tournament just people that have won more matches. I am just going to pick random packs out for now.

Also, I work 3am-3pm tomorrow and this is when i will be passing out the cards for everyone. Those that supplied e-mails will get picture e-mails of their cards and those that didn't will get a sitemail with card names. I also will be updating the dropboxes with all cards.
Strid3r

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I change from Mirrodin - Sacrifical Bam to Mirrodin - Bait and Bludgeon
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21