Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC - 199 (JUDGED)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

White Tulip Field

Legendary Land - Mythic

White Tulip Field enters the battlefield tapped.

Tap: Add W to your mana pool. If that mana is spent on a white creature spell, it gains lifelink.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deep Recall
U
Instant - Uncommon
Draw the bottom card of your library.
"I could have sworn I put that keyrune somewhere....ah, here it is; right on the tip of my tongue."
Thelemys

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Radiance W
Enchantment Rare
Sacrifice Radiance: Permanents target player controls lose all abilities until end of turn.
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Livermush wrote:
Bairdsy wrote:
Livermush wrote:

Anyway, a 5/5 for 1 seemed a little too powerful so I upped the mana requirements.

because a 5/5 for 2 is SOOOO much more balanced!

How're you gonna do that in standard? And in modern it's like "hooray, path to exile"

In Standard? Id play Cavern of Souls naming Illusion, or Transguild promenade.
Domine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, quick judging....

Quote:
Refute U

Instant - Rare

Return target spell to its owner's hand.

There is great power in subtlety.

Elegant, reallt elegant, I've never understood why there's no return target spell or exile target spell in Magic yet, I like it, it's really powerful in legacy specially.

Quote:
Swan Song (U/W)

Instant - Rare

Creature you control gain flying and lifelink until end of turn.

At the beginning of the next upkeep, if you control any creatures, you lose the game.

I dig the Swan Song flavor, I really like it, and it's elegantly done but I think the drawback should be to sacrifice your creatures, or something like that, lifelink and losing the game fit in flavor, but mechanically I don't think they fit, if you gain a bunch of life, and you lose for the effect it's going to make you feel bad.

Quote:
Chromatic Champion | @@
Creature - Illusion Knight (Mythic Rare)

( @ may be paid by one mana of any color )

Chromatic Champion's power and toughness are equal to the number of different types of mana lands you control can produce.

*/*

Really powerful, Elegant, yes, not as much as other spells in the contest but I think it's the most powerful card of them all, maybe too good.

Quote:
Dragon 3RR

Creature - Dragon (uncommon)

Flying

4/4

They are everywhere! What do you mean gothic horror plane? Who cares?

Simple, and therefore elegant, it's like a Dragon token in card form, good in limited, very good indeed so it fits the criteria.

Quote:
Nomad Outcast
Creature - Human Nomad (Uncommon)
First Strike
1W: Nomad Outcast gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn.
Until he could travel without fear, he had to gather understanding of many cultures.
3/2

Well it doesn't have a mana cost, I'm guessing 1WW or maybe 2WW because it's an uncommon, at 3 it would be very good for constructed, elegantly done, good job.

Quote:
Really Loud and Smelly Fart in Public Place 1RR Sorcery (rare)

Choose target creature, that creature deals 3 damage to all other creatures in play.

'Whilst everyone else was retching squee was laughing at his creation.'

Really elegant name, hahahaha, cool effect, and good enough for standard I guess.

Quote:
Kill them all... 1 WWW

Sorcery- Rare

Destroy all creatures.
For each white creature destroyed that way its controller may put a 1/1 white spirit creature with flying into play.

"...and let God sort them out." Arnau Amalric, papal legate and inquisitor of the albigensian crusade answering a crusader how to distinguish between christians and cathars during the assault to the city of Béziers.

Oh yeah, that story is really good, "let God pick the ones that belong to him" hahhaha, I can totally get the flavor and fits amazingly into the card, reaaaaaaaally white. Good job.

Quote:
Eshden, Lady of Grace | 2GW
Planeswalker - Eshden | Mythic
+1 - Put a 1/1 White Spirit token with Flying into play, then populate.
+1 - Put a 2/2 Green Wolf token into play, then put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
-6 Reveal cards from the top of your library until you reveal a creature card with converted mana cost greater than 5. Put that creature onto the battlefield under your control. You gain X life, where X is twice that creatures' toughness.
//3

Gracefully done, kudos, I tend to dislike PWs because they usually are really wordy, they do too much, but you managed to make it elegant, would totally play it in standard and maybe even modern.

Quote:
Corrosive Touch G

Enchantment — Aura (rare)

Enchanted creature gets +1/+0 and has deathtouch.

Whenever enchanted creature deals damage to a player, you may destroy target noncreature, nonland permanent that player controls.

Elegant way to give green some sort of removal, I absolutely like this card, it's playable, elegant, cheap. and does something in the flavor of the color, even tho. the opponent manages to choose (if he has a blocker)

Quote:
Anqiba Lebed 2UB

Planeswalker - Anqiba

+1 Tap target permanent

+2 Destroy target permament

+6 Gain control of target permanent.

Well Anqiba is a reaaaaaaaally ugly name, but you manage to make a cool and elegant PW out of it, my problem with it is the second ability, double destroy target permanent for 2UB is too powerful and I think it's a BW or BG ability, after all U and B doesn't destroy enchanments nor artifacts. Cool PW tho.

Quote:
Volcanic Shaman - 1R

Creature - Shaman (R)

TAP: Sacrifice a mountain: Volcanic Shaman deals 2 damage to target creature or player

2/2

"Let the earth split asunder"

Throwing mountains at creatures, amazing, flavorful, powerful, elegant, cool card, really tight.

Quote:
Erasipate BBU
Instant (rare)
Counter target spell. Search that spell controller's hand, library and graveyard for cards with the same name and exile them.
Clean and simple. Just forget it.

Counter and Cranial Extration? yeah absolutely dig it, elegant, really cool, I don't know about the mana cost, maybe should be UUB? Powerful card.

Quote:
White Tulip Field

Legendary Land - Mythic

White Tulip Field enters the battlefield tapped.

Tap: Add W to your mana pool. If that mana is spent on a white creature spell, it gains lifelink.

I think it just needs a way to remember the lifelink, like a counter or something, other than that I like the card, I think it's balanced, maybe a little over the top, would be devastating in standard with Reckoner, love the name.

Quote:
Deep Recall
U
Instant - Uncommon
Draw the bottom card of your library.
"I could have sworn I put that keyrune somewhere....ah, here it is; right on the tip of my tongue."

Yes.... absolutely yes, I like the card, it's elegant, it's flavorful and it's a one mana cantrip, so it would be played somewhere, I like the flavor text a lot.

Quote:
Radiance W
Enchantment Rare
Sacrifice Radiance: Permanents target player controls lose all abilities until end of turn.

This should say non mana abilities, as it is, it's almost a timewalk, combo would love it, sac it on my upkeep and then combo in my main phase, your lands can't produce mana so.... you can't cast anything. I like the idea overall

So.... The podium

Third place is AxiomBlurr with Refute

Second place is ck3gds with Corrosive Touch

and the winner is....

Uroboros with Kill them all... Congratulations to the winner.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meant to make it 2WW like Resilient Wanderer, an awesome card I think

http://www.clydecaldwell.com/jpgs/large_images/resilient_mc.jpg
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The GW Planeswalker had a lot of technical issues. 2nd ability is targetted, so you can deny the token by killing the target of the 1/1 counter. Ultimate doesn't say what to do with the revealed cards when you are done.

Also, saying a 6/6 for 2 is "maybe even too powerful" is a bit of an understatement don't you think?
Thelemys

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uroboros you are french, aren't you?

Quote:
Radiance W
Enchantment Rare

Is it really more powerfull than "Silence" or "Orim's Chant"?
Uroboros

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooot! i won!! it's my 4th or 5th submissiong, damm i came late to that game and is awesome! Tyvm!

Just yesterday i was thinking about that 200th challenge... and had a bunch of ideas, but i've been out of the game for about 190 submissions, so i'm sure the conventional ones will be already done and 200 means to be special so i was stuck at 2 options, after dismissing the whole "men love" one i decided that the real good challenge would be this one:

Next set seems to be about "clasical" culture (roman/greek cultures) the military part of it wont be much different than other "worlds" but there were a trait on this era of mankind that really stood out, the philosphy, the discover and germ of most sciences, the first time (and for about 2000!!! years, the last) that human beings were almost free...

Philosophers were the cuspid of knowledge but i don't know how to translate philosophy to a magic card, can you guys help me? I will judge the submissions on how well do translate the whole "love for wisdom" (that's what philosophy means after all) into a playable magic card.

I will judge this Sunday's night, so its almost 3 days for a good challenge, good luck!

PD: No, im Catalan, and Arnaud Amalric was Abate of the cister's monastery of Poblet for a while, it's awesome to visit, really, if any of you can do a holiday for the "route of cister" between France and Catalonia... DO IT!
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelemys wrote:
Uroboros you are french, aren't you?

Quote:
Radiance W
Enchantment Rare

Is it really more powerfull than "Silence" or "Orim's Chant"?

Definitely!

Uroboros wrote:
Wooot! i won!! it's my 4th or 5th submissiong, damm i came late to that game and is awesome! Tyvm!

Just yesterday i was thinking about that 200th challenge... and had a bunch of ideas, but i've been out of the game for about 190 submissions, so i'm sure the conventional ones will be already done and 200 means to be special so i was stuck at 2 options, after dismissing the whole "men love" one i decided that the real good challenge would be this one:

Next set seems to be about "clasical" culture (roman/greek cultures) the military part of it wont be much different than other "worlds" but there were a trait on this era of mankind that really stood out, the philosphy, the discover and germ of most sciences, the first time (and for about 2000!!! years, the last) that human beings were almost free...

Philosophers were the cuspid of knowledge but i don't know how to translate philosophy to a magic card, can you guys help me? I will judge the submissions on how well do translate the whole "love for wisdom" (that's what philosophy means after all) into a playable magic card.

I will judge this Sunday's night, so its almost 3 days for a good challenge, good luck!

PD: No, im Catalan, and Arnaud Amalric was Abate of the cister's monastery of Poblet for a while, it's awesome to visit, really, if any of you can do a holiday for the "route of cister" between France and Catalonia... DO IT!

open new topic
Thelemys

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my card does'nt stop creatures from attacking, is it?
Blocking the lands was part of my objective, your opponent still draw and attack or play instants.

I never saw it as a Time Walk can someone explain why it's so powerfull versus Silence and Orim's Chant?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2