Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

#Draft4You seems dead

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
meffij

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: #Draft4You seems dead Reply with quote

I've hung around #Draft4You for hours, and only a few people have shown up, none of whom have said anything. I've never seen anyone hosting a draft tournament or even advertising a draft. However, I've seen hundreds of Constructed tournaments go by. It's not all of Limited that gets the shaft -- Sealed goes strong here, we see bunches of sealed tournaments here too. But Drafting is nowhere to be found.

Is there just no interest, or is there some logistical reason we don't draft as much here?
magicman85

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft is my favorite format, but the only problem is that its hard to find enough people so I haven't really been stopping by there lately. Maybe when the full spoiler is out for the next set people will stop by there to get a little Limited practice for the prerelease.
Fefestars

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the main reason why we dont have drafts in #magic-league is that its hard to find 8 people who want to draft.

I did some drafts in #draft4you during RTR and I loved it, but even then you had to wait like 2-3 hours until a draft filled.

I would love to see and do some drafts in #magic-league but the last time I did see a draft there it was something really old and again - it didnt fill.
pg8

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only do you need 8 people, but you need to find a host as well. And it takes more time, additional software (usually, depends on the draft), and you usually only get one round out of it. Plus, draft minis are way more trouble than they are worth and a lot of people generally just wait for the minis.
wrwarwick

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever happened to the draftbot? It seemed to me that when the bot was working drafts filled somewhat quickly. I would like to see the bot return and hopefully start drafting again in #draft4you.
Awaclus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to draft.
GuitarDude

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe if draft were scheduled it would be more popular. I am very interested in draft let me know the time and place.
jdblack

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pg8 wrote:
Not only do you need 8 people, but you need to find a host as well. And it takes more time, additional software (usually, depends on the draft), and you usually only get one round out of it. Plus, draft minis are way more trouble than they are worth and a lot of people generally just wait for the minis.

This is all true, but IMO the biggest reason is the lack of integration with the rest of magic-league. Many players prefer one format but dabble in the others because of advertisements in IRC #magic-league channel, minis, trials, and masters.

None of that is true for the draft format. It is segregated, so the only people who play it are those who really want to play it. Most formats would not survive in that environment.

Why is draft forced into a different channel?
BrightCab

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently came across netdraft and #draft4you so I hope to be drafting 10+ times a week. So I'm one of 8. Also, check out Stypher's posts about a draft league. Draft is back. He ran about 4 drafts last night and is also giving out cards as prizes. If you know anyone who wants to draft, get them on the site. We only need 8. Also JD that is a good point about draft being segregated, but I'm not sure how we remedy that.
seelim

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would draft regularly with you guys!
seelim

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe someone is interested in joining us at a regular draft on tappedout..

http://tappedout.net/mtg-forum/general/is-there-some-kind-of-regular-draft/

we still need a few more people to get this going
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1