Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Naya Humans

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Fefestars

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Naya Humans Reply with quote

Everyone knows that aggro (RDW, Zombie, Boros) is the deck to beat on ML. That's why I designed this deck:

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
1 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
2 [UNH] Forest
1 [ISD] Kessig Wolf Run
1 [UNH] Mountain
2 [UNH] Plains
4 [RAV] Sacred Foundry
4 [GP] Stomping Ground
4 [M11] Sunpetal Grove
4 [RTR] Temple Garden

// Creatures
2 [AVR] Angel of Glory's Rise
4 [ISD] Avacyn's Pilgrim
4 [M10] Borderland Ranger
3 [AVR] Cathedral Sanctifier
4 [ISD] Champion of the Parish
4 [DKA] Deranged Outcast
4 [DKA] Huntmaster of the Fells/Ravager of the Fells
3 [AVR] Silverblade Paladin
2 [AVR] Wolfir Silverheart

// Spells
3 [GTC] Domri Rade
4 [M13] Rancor

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
SB: 1 [ISD] Kessig Wolf Run
SB: 1 [AVR] Angel of Glory's Rise
SB: 1 [AVR] Wolfir Silverheart
SB: 3 [AVR] Bonfire of the Damned
SB: 3 [RTR] Centaur Healer
SB: 2 [M11] Naturalize
SB: 3 [ALA] Oblivion Ring

It's pretty straight forward: Play lots of (weenie) creatures, use Rancore for trample, Domri Rade for value and Silverblade Paladin and Wolfir Silverheart for suprisingly massive damage.

The debatable cards:

Deranged Outcast ain't that strong at the first sight, but lots of decks playing spotremoval rather than mass removal (aggro, non UW-midrange/control). It helps to grow your creatures after they got Rancor on them, makes use of Pilgrims, Cathedral Sanctifier and other more or less useless creatures in mid- and lategame and with Paladin its just a joke.

The mana base is pretty strong right now and maybe I should switch Cavern of Souls for another Wolf Run. Counter-Control is pretty dead right now.

Angel of Glory's Rise is obviously the best out against control and some midrange decks and can win the game on its own. Seven mana is a lot but with Pilgrims and Rangers we can do it quite often.

The sideboard is kinda clunky but the plan is to bring the Healers and the Bonefires against aggro, Bonefires and Rings against midrange and (Planeswalker)Control and against controlish decks you just go big with more Wolf Run, Angel and another Silverheart.

The Cathedral Sanctifiers may look weak but they are nuts against aggro: They bring 3 life and block the early creatures, so they save another 2-3 life.

Stromkirk Noblelooks like a big problem preboard, but you just try to race them and maybe block their other creatures a bit until you get big. Postboard you have Centaur Healer and stuff so RDW and Boros are no problem.

Naturalize is there to oppose enchantmentremoval and the (lately not that much played) hexproof-deck. Maybe I can cut them for Pillar of Flames or Searing Spear to have more outs against aggro and stuff.
poizonous

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after hearing your reasons behind cards, I have a few suggestions. Mana base I will start with, I do not see a need for 12 shocklands if you dont have any other dual lands besides the sunpetals. I would put Rootbound crags in as well. And I would never have lands in my sb, waste of slots for more useful cards.

Creature base, I like your variance but I feel like you are missing a few good humans in the naya colors. Fiend hunter is a card I would need in this deck whether mainboard or SB if you want. Running only Rancors and Domri Rade makes Thalia a real strong choice for the deck as well. Mainboard her easily as a 2 of atleast. Without farseeks I can not see running 2 7cmc. Pilgrims are just too squishy to rely on them for all your extra mana. 1 Angel should suffice. As for Wolfir I do not like it in here, coming out of the SB against certain decks could be potentially nice but mainboard 5 cost in this deck I would want Zealous Conscripts.

SB - Instead of naturalize make it ray of revelation.
Bonfire in the SB just seems overly expensive in real play. Perhaps mizzium mortars?
Fefestars

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mana base I will start with, I do not see a need for 12 shocklands if you dont have any other dual lands besides the sunpetals. I would put Rootbound crags in as well. And I would never have lands in my sb, waste of slots for more useful cards.

Ya, that makes sense. I think I have to tweak the mana base a bit and put the second Wolf Run from SB into the main or cut it.

Quote:
Fiend hunter is a card I would need in this deck whether mainboard or SB if you want. Running only Rancors and Domri Rade makes Thalia a real strong choice for the deck as well. Mainboard her easily as a 2 of atleast. Without farseeks I can not see running 2 7cmc. Pilgrims are just too squishy to rely on them for all your extra mana. 1 Angel should suffice. As for Wolfir I do not like it in here, coming out of the SB against certain decks could be potentially nice but mainboard 5 cost in this deck I would want Zealous Conscripts.

I tested Fiend Hunter before, but I feel like its only good against aggro, since midrange most likely finds an answer pretty soon or just go bigger for the moment so you eventuelly have to (chump)block with Fiend Hunter. Its a good card, if you'd like to get some tempo, but against aggro we already should have a good matchup and against control/midrange Fiend Hunter ain't that strong.

For Thalia: I somehow forgot that she exists Very Happy I think she can totally be a 3of or I should even put in the full playset.

Not sure about switching Conscripts for Silverhearts: With Paladin and Rancore it feels like Wolfir puts out way more damage on the long run, but I will try Conscripts and see how it works with the deck.

Quote:
Bonfire in the SB just seems overly expensive in real play. Perhaps mizzium mortars?

The point is that Bonfire is just nuts in some situations: Killing like a Garruk/Sorin and all their creatures is just a huge swing in our favour. Even if you dont miracle it, playing it for 2 or 3 wins the game in a good amount of time. It can take out a full Lingering Souls and yeah, kill planeswalkers. I dont like Mortars, since all it mostly does is - exactly like Fiend Hunter - help you somehow against aggro, but in a weak way, coz their creatures mostly have haste or some kind of recursion (e.g. Zombies). Yes, you get to kill the Hellrider, but when you kill it its still a 1-for-1 and he already dealt 4-10 damage. Bonefire doesnt help you against the haste, but at least it wipes the board clear.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1