Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card 184!!!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I corrected my entry. It now reads as thus:

Quote:
Thought Reform 3WU

Enchantment [Rare]

Whenever an opponent would search his or her library for a card, that player searches his or her library for three cards with different names instead and reveals them. You choose one of the revealed cards for that player and that player puts the remaining cards into his or her graveyard. Then that player shuffles his or her library.

No, no, no. You're doing it wrong! Let me show you how to think properly.
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would BEG my opponents to play this card against me. Every fetchland turrned into a mini Gifts Ungiven? Count me in!
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bairdsy: see card Commander, gaining control over spell is defined differently;

SmadedShadow: opponent may fail to find three cards with different and find only one card, and nothing will change;

My entry will be:

Control Implant - 3
Artifact (mythic)
4, T: You control target player during his or her next combat phase
Nicol Bolas used this handy devices, so his troops attacked whole worlds without single emotion on their faces
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dominant Thought 2UU

Instant - Rare

Search target player's library for an instant or sorcery card and exile it. That player then shuffles his or her library. Until end of turn you may play a card exiled with Dominant Thought without paying its mana cost.

Weak minds may still spawn useful ideas.

Last edited by AxiomBlurr on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
zebo_88

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisper of Corruption UB

Instant (rare)

Target opponent reveals his or her hand. You may choose a nonland card from it. That player casts that spell without paying its mana cost if able. You choose whether and how that player pays additional costs for that card. (the spell can't be cast unless there are legal targets for it)

I made it to make the opponent play a card that he doesnt want at that time, or a removal with only creatures of him to target, or a counterspell with only spells of him on the stack or cards with additional costs he doesnt want to pay for but he's forced to. Does anyone think its not well worded?

edit: added chance to choose how to pay additional costs, otherwise i think it wouldnt work for cards with additional costs or kicker etc.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brobeat
Sorcery - 3RR
Chose one - Draw 3 cards; or Brobeat deals 5 damage to target opponent.
"You don't need a threat to have power."
—Balthor, wingman of Jeska
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beginning brief judging (serving in military doesn't give me much free time Sad )

sc4rs wrote:
Curse of Permissiveness
1GU
Enchantment - Aura Curse - Rare
Activated and triggered abilities enchanted player controls with "you may" instead have "An opponent may."
"Well...okay...if you want me to, I guess..."

I wish it was that simple... for example a text like this: When <cardname> enters the battlefield you may sacrifice a creature. If you do, blah blah blah... would fail.

Provided the wording was correct, the idea is cool and funny flavor.

9/10
-----------------------

Livermush wrote:
Curse of Black Hand | BB
Enchantment - Aura Curse (Rare)

Enchant Player

Enchanted player's hand size is reduced by 1.

If enchanted player would discard a card, instead they reveal their hand and you choose a card and discard it.

The card's first ability tries to save yourself from drawing multiples of it, pretty decently. The problem is that cards like raven's crime become extremely powerful with this curse...

8.5/10
----------------------

_Godica wrote:
Minister of Obedience WB

Creature - Human Cleric - Rare

Whenever a spell or ability causes a player to sacrifice one more more creatures, you choose which creatures are sacrificed.

1/1

Devastating. And on a fragile body to prevent it from being broken.

9.5/10
------------------------

Domine wrote:
Master of Disharmony 2BB

Creature - Demon

If an effect causes an opponent to sacirfice a creature, you choose what creature is sacrificed.

Whenever a creature is sacrificed you gain life equal to its converted mana cost.

"Take me from the horde of the living into the blessed darkness"

4/4

Its a black 4/4 flying for 4, with a beneficial ability. And I can't stop thinking the previous entry, which is has the same ability.

8/10
--------------------------

ShamedShadow wrote:
Thought Reform 3WU

Enchantment [Rare]

Whenever an opponent would search his or her library for a card, that player searches his or her library for three cards with different names instead and reveals them. You choose one of the revealed cards for that player and that player puts the remaining cards into his or her graveyard. Then that player shuffles his or her library.

No, no, no. You're doing it wrong! Let me show you how to think properly.

Signal the Clans everywhere! Smile + on the flavor too ^^.

9.5/10
------------------------

Stucco wrote:
Sure-blade Tactician...................................WW
Creature - Human Knight...........................R

First Strike

When Sure-blade Tactician attacks, the defending player chooses which creatures will be declared as blockers this turn. You choose how those creature block.

In the fog of war, knowledge and skill will determine more battles than unrestrained strength.

2/2

Doesn't always the defending player choose which creatures will be declared as blockers? Why even mention it? Also I'm not even sure if there is a discrimination between declare blockers and assign blockers... Anyway nice idea and you were very careful not to create something broken.

8.5/10
-------------------------------

ck3gds wrote:
Ikusa, Demigod of War 3RW

Legendary Creature — Spirit Avatar (mythic)

You choose which creatures attack each turn.

You choose which creatures block each turn and how those creatures block.

"May He Who Dictates Victory look favorably upon us all."

5/4

So with 5 mana you get a blazing archon AND unblockability to all your creatures? On a 5/4?

7/10
---------------------------------

thelemys wrote:

Quote:
Dark Omen 2UB

Instant R
Target opponent reveals his or her hand and exiles all nonland cards from it, you search his or her library for that many cards and your opponent puts them into his or her hand, then that opponent shuffles his or her library.
I chose your path, I chose your life: I stole your destiny.

I think its a big stretch from the original contest, weird card.

7.5/10
-----------------------------------

khara wrote:
bad luck charm 2
artifact - rare

If an opponent would discard a non-random card. You may instead look at his hand, then choose a card. That player discards that card. <cardname> deals 1 damage to that player.

"a single stare from it caused unbelivable mishaps"

This entry is too far away from the second one, that makes me hard to believe it didn't get affected by it. In general, its advised to read previous entries to avoid cards with similar abilities.

8/10

Bairdsy wrote:

A swerve nivmagus elemental can eat! Smile Also works with more targets I know I know... Not that original, but the wording is at least.

9/10

Yavimaya73 wrote:
Forced Initiative
{this card is blue, but has no mana cost and cannot be played normally.}
Mythic Rare
Instant
If Forced Initiative is in your opening hand and your opponent has chosen who plays first or draws first, reveal this card and exile it from the game. You choose who plays first or draws first instead.

Bad in multiples, and I would always choose an extra card than playing first. But again, that's just me.

7.5/10
------------------------------------

iSperia wrote:

Control Implant - 3
Artifact (mythic)
4, T: You control target player during his or her next combat phase
Nicol Bolas used this handy devices, so his troops attacked whole worlds without single emotion on their faces

Too damn powerful. Nice flavor though

8.5/10
------------------------------------

AxiomBlurr wrote:
Dominant Thought 2UU

Instant - Rare

Search target player's library for an instant or sorcery card and exile it. That player then shuffles his or her library. Until end of turn you may play a card exiled with Dominant Thought without paying its mana cost.

Weak minds may still spawn useful ideas.

Again, too general for the contest, and somewhat broken (in commander for sure Smile ). Nice flavor text ^^.

9/10
-------------------------------------

zebo_88 wrote:
Whisper of Corruption UB

Instant (rare)

Target opponent reveals his or her hand. You may choose a nonland card from it. That player casts that spell without paying its mana cost if able. You choose whether and how that player pays additional costs for that card. (the spell can't be cast unless there are legal targets for it)

Nice one, different from the rest and fun to play with Smile

9.5/10

CMA-Flippi wrote:
Brobeat
Sorcery - 3RR
Chose one - Draw 3 cards; or Brobeat deals 5 damage to target opponent.
"You don't need a threat to have power."
—Balthor, wingman of Jeska

Yes... keeping in mind Browbeat it makes sense, still...

7/10
----------------------------------

Between Godica, ShamedShadow and zebo_88, I'll go with Minister of Obedience! Grats Godica, go next round!
sc4rs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balaviaris wrote:
Beginning brief judging (serving in military doesn't give me much free time Sad )

sc4rs wrote:
Curse of Permissiveness
1GU
Enchantment - Aura Curse - Rare
Activated and triggered abilities enchanted player controls with "you may" instead have "An opponent may."
"Well...okay...if you want me to, I guess..."

I wish it was that simple... for example a text like this: When <cardname> enters the battlefield you may sacrifice a creature. If you do, blah blah blah... would fail.

Provided the wording was correct, the idea is cool and funny flavor.

9/10

I think there's some wording issue there because the "If you do" remains unchanged, but functionally it works exactly as intended - the opponent may sacrifice the creature instead of you, and if they choose not to, you don't get the effect - but they don't steal the effect.

I think most of the time it's pretty clear what happens, but I do wish there was a better way to word it that worked.

Congrats Godica.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG go next!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2