Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 183 - Milling (Judged)

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Domine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: CaC 183 - Milling (Judged) Reply with quote

Create a card that mill cards but it's not intented to be on a milling deck, what I mean is that the card must put cards from your opponent's library into his or her graveyard, but for some effect other than just milling, I hope I was clear enough, I'll judge based on my criteria, and will probably judge on sunday, thanks.

Last edited by Domine on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Livermush

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faerie Irregular | 1U
Creature - Faerie (Uncommon)

Flying

When Faerie Irregular enters the battlefield, choose a card type. Target opponent puts the top 5 cards of their library into their graveyard. For each card of the chosen type put into the graveyard, put a +1/+1 counter on Faerie Irregular.

0/1
Raybelfast

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring to Service 2BBU

Sorcery - Rare

Put the top ten cards of your opponents library into his graveyard,
you may choose a creature put into the graveyard this way and put it onto the battlefield under your control

"The Dimir agents find new recruits by twisting the minds of others"
_Godica

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mind Funnel 3

Artifact -- Uncommon

2, tap: Each other player puts the top card of their library into their graveyard, and loses life equal to its converted mana cost. You gain life equal to the life lost in this way.
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conflagration Ritual XXRR

Sorcery [Rare]

Each player reveals the top X cards of his or her library. ~ does damage equal to the highest converted mana cost among the revealed cards to each player. Put all cards revealed this way into their owner's graveyards.

It's all fun and games until you're burning alive.
Yavimaya73

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindwell Researcher BU2
Rare
Creature - Wizard
1/3

U/B, U/B {hybrid black/blue}, place the top card of your library into your graveyard: Draw a card.

"That spell has to be here somewhere." ~Mindwell Researcher
MagusGee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Ashes XRR

Instant, Rare

Target player puts X cards from the top of his or her library in to his or her graveyard. For every creature card put into a graveyard this way, put a 1/1 red Phoenix token with flying in to play.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Extinguish the Candles
Enchantment
XWB, sacrifice Extinguish the Candles: Target player puts the top X cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard then he destroys each permanent onto the battlefield with the same name as a card put into the graveyard this way.
Blackout!
Art source: http://www.igorkieryluk.com/gallery/
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twisted Mindset 3UU

Sorcery (mythic)

Each player shuffles his or her library. Then each player put the top card of his or her library into his or her graveyard. Then each player puts one card into his or her library X times where X is the converted mana cost of the last card put into that player's graveyard this way. Repeat this process until no player put a card into a graveyard.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Land Lift
GU
Sorcery - Uncommon
Target opponent reveals cards from the top of his or her library until he or she reveals a land card. Put that card onto the battlefield tapped under your control, and all other cards revealed this way into his or her graveyard.
The castle the knights found themselves tasked to take over looked eerily familiar.
Iso1nano

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelemys card target lands ftw.....
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dead-Wood Hart 1BG

Creature - Stag Zombie (Mythic)

At the beginning of each upkeep each player puts the top card of his or her library into his or her graveyard.

(B/G): Regenerate Dead-Wood Hart.

B, exile target land card from a graveyard: Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.

G, exile target land card from a graveyard: Put a +1/+1 counter on Dead-Wood Hart.

2/2

Beware cloven hooves in darkened groves betwixt dead wood.

Notes:

# (B/G) = Hybrid

# I think an image of a Stag with a living body and just a skull head, standing in a bayou and gazing at the viewer through the dead trees would do this card justice.
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obzedat's Dominance 4WB

Enchantment Rare

Extort

Whenever you gain life, each opponent puts that much cards from his or her library into his or her graveyard.

You may play cards from your opponents' graveyards.
Domine

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Livermush wrote:
Faerie Irregular | 1U
Creature - Faerie (Uncommon)

Flying

When Faerie Irregular enters the battlefield, choose a card type. Target opponent puts the top 5 cards of their library into their graveyard. For each card of the chosen type put into the graveyard, put a +1/+1 counter on Faerie Irregular.

0/1

I really like this card, it can regularly be a 2/3 flier for 2 with little risk, and it has so much potential, well designed IMO. 9/10

Quote:
Bring to Service 2BBU

Sorcery - Rare

Put the top ten cards of your opponents library into his graveyard,
you may choose a creature put into the graveyard this way and put it onto the battlefield under your control

"The Dimir agents find new recruits by twisting the minds of others"

I like the name, I like the flavor text and I like the effect, it's a great overall card, really flavorful... really Dimir, well done. 9/10

Quote:
Mind Funnel 3

Artifact -- Uncommon

2, tap: Each other player puts the top card of their library into their graveyard, and loses life equal to its converted mana cost. You gain life equal to the life lost in this way

A multiplayer gem, well balanced and an appropiate effect for an artifact, nicely done. 8/10

Quote:
Conflagration Ritual XXRR

Sorcery [Rare]

Each player reveals the top X cards of his or her library. ~ does damage equal to the highest converted mana cost among the revealed cards to each player. Put all cards revealed this way into their owner's graveyards.

It's all fun and games until you're burning alive.

The flavor text made me laugh, and the effect can be a great SB option against certain decks. well done 8/10

Quote:
Mindwell Researcher BU2
Rare
Creature - Wizard
1/3

U/B, U/B {hybrid black/blue}, place the top card of your library into your graveyard: Draw a card.

"That spell has to be here somewhere." ~Mindwell Researcher

This guy is really powerful, is one of those card that must be answered quickly or get beated by it, but it's not broken, cool card. 8.5/10

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2013 07:28 Post subject:
Psychic Conman 2UB

Quote:
Creature Human Rogue Wizard (rare)

XUB, T: Look at the top X cards of target opponent's library, then put them back in any order.

XUB, T: Name any number of cards. Target opponent puts the top X cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard. You draw a card for each named card put into that graveyard this way.

"Let me guess what will be on your mind."

2/2

Contrary to what some people might think, IMO the first ability is the best one, it can lock your opponent in the right situation, but it's kind of Circu, I can't see a deck where it fits either way it's a cool card. 8/10

Quote:
From the Ashes XRR

Instant, Rare

Target player puts X cards from the top of his or her library in to his or her graveyard. For every creature card put into a graveyard this way, put a 1/1 red Phoenix token with flying in to play

I love the flavor of this card, and the can be really powerful, it makes a lot of sense, I simply love it. 10/10

Quote:
Extinguish the Candles
Enchantment
XWB, sacrifice Extinguish the Candles: Target player puts the top X cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard then he destroys each permanent onto the battlefield with the same name as a card put into the graveyard this way.
Blackout!

It can target lands, which is akward, even tho. It doesn't break the card in half but it's still weird, the effect can be really powerful but a lot of times will just do nothing. I love the name. 7/10

Quote:
Twisted Mindset 3UU

Sorcery (mythic)

Each player shuffles his or her library. Then each player put the top card of his or her library into his or her graveyard. Then each player puts one card into his or her library X times where X is the converted mana cost of the last card put into that player's graveyard this way. Repeat this process until no player put a card into a graveyard.

Interesting card, it can put a lot of card in the GY I'm guessing a reanimator deck will like this effect, also it can work as a Traumatize, it's a good card. 8/10

Quote:
Hand of Borborygmos..................1RRG
Creature - Cyclops......................U

When Hand of Borborygmos enters the battlefield, target player puts the top three cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard. For each land put into a graveyard in this way, Hand of Borborygmos deals 1 damage to each creature.

4/4

It can be a board sweeper and a 4/4 beatstick in the same card, and it's reasonable, it would be played in t2, I'm almost sure about that. 9/10

Quote:
Land Lift
GU
Sorcery - Uncommon
Target opponent reveals cards from the top of his or her library until he or she reveals a land card. Put that card onto the battlefield tapped under your control, and all other cards revealed this way into his or her graveyard.
The castle the knights found themselves tasked to take over looked eerily familiar.

Cool effect, steal one of your opponent lands, you can end up with funny scenarios or with a swamp in your UG deck. I like it 8/10

Quote:
Dead-Wood Hart 1BG

Creature - Stag Zombie (Mythic)

At the beginning of each upkeep each player puts the top card of his or her library into his or her graveyard.

(B/G): Regenerate Dead-Wood Hart.

B, exile target land card from a graveyard: Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn.

G, exile target land card from a graveyard: Put a +1/+1 counter on Dead-Wood Hart.

2/2

Beware cloven hooves in darkened groves betwixt dead wood.

Deathrite Shaman found a partner in crime, both because this feeds Shaman and because it has a similar effect, it's a great card, very versatile and can control the board easily. 9/10

Quote:
Underworld trades U
sorcery - uncommon
each player puts the top 3 cards of his or her library to their graveyard.

draw a card for each blue card that was put into graveyard this way.

"there is no greater price to what your neighbors can't afford"

I might be really wrong about it, but this card is broken in a blue mirror, it can be easily and ancestral recall, in a mono blue deck, it can be from a cantrip to a recall, I like the card, but I'm afraid it's tooo powerful. Don't know what to think about it. 8/10

Quote:
Obzedat's Dominance 4WB

Enchantment Rare

Extort

Whenever you gain life, each opponent puts that much cards from his or her library into his or her graveyard.

You may play cards from your opponents' graveyards.

It's probably a casual play card, but the "play cards from your opponent's gy" is amazing, and the way it feeds itself it's really cool and creative, I can see it being played on a control deck in t2. Other than that... I love this card. 10/10

My judging might be not the best one, but it's what I got.

The winner is Balaviaris with Obzedat's Dominance and a really close second is MagusGee with From the Ashe's. Thanks everyone for your entries.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right.

Go next CAC!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2