Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time to get rid of the "minibeg" rule for good.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues

Should minibeg become allowed?
Yes
47%
 47%  [ 16 ]
no
32%
 32%  [ 11 ]
Bananas
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 34

Fefestars

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now that we have finally finished the slow bleed (our player count is relatively consistent), we need to focus on rebuilding (as Weedmonkey said earlier). I would love to hear well thought out suggestions on how to accomplish this. Players outnumber judges/staff by a huge margin, so we are going to need you guys to get active.

Okay, here are some ideas:

- get more tournaments with price money.

This is a not so creative idea. But money may bring more player to ML - causal and competitive player. I dont know where the money for the masters is currently coming from and I see that right now we dont have any advertises on ML, but maybe that will change anytime soon. Or ML could even partner with a cardshop or so.

- get way more content on the site

I and most other magic player love to read articles about magic. And when I get a good read I come back to the website to read more and more. And when I come back to the website to read about magic and I click on the frontpage and see an announcement "free magic tournament" I'd think "sounds good, lets play!" I would start by getting IRC and ML got a new player. I know that we would need some good writers and so on, but I think that's the easiest direction to attract new members.

Also doing magic vids would be really cool. Like LSV did with "Running the Gauntlet". Its pretty easy to do since there are enough guys in IRC that would like to test. And people love to watch videos.

But for this to work I think at least the frontpage would need a rework with some pictures for eye-catching and so on.

- do some promotion for the side!

This one is really easy to work with: When you like ML and want more players to attend the site then do some advertisement! Use your signature to link to the side. Go to your favourite magic-forum and post the link. "Magic tournaments all day long - www.magic-league.com" ain't that hard to write. Tell your friends irl. And stop being a moron on mws so new players lose their enthusiasm!
niknight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fefestars wrote:

Okay, here are some ideas:

- get more tournaments with price money.

This is a not so creative idea. But money may bring more player to ML - causal and competitive player. I dont know where the money for the masters is currently coming from and I see that right now we dont have any advertises on ML, but maybe that will change anytime soon. Or ML could even partner with a cardshop or so.

- get way more content on the site

I and most other magic player love to read articles about magic. And when I get a good read I come back to the website to read more and more. And when I come back to the website to read about magic and I click on the frontpage and see an announcement "free magic tournament" I'd think "sounds good, lets play!" I would start by getting IRC and ML got a new player. I know that we would need some good writers and so on, but I think that's the easiest direction to attract new members.

Also doing magic vids would be really cool. Like LSV did with "Running the Gauntlet". Its pretty easy to do since there are enough guys in IRC that would like to test. And people love to watch videos.

But for this to work I think at least the frontpage would need a rework with some pictures for eye-catching and so on.

- do some promotion for the side!

1. All of our prize support comes from google ads (so please click on a couple of ads per day). We used to partner with a card store, but they stiffed us on payment (you see where it says "this space for rent" on the left side of the page?). We have reached out to a few places, but due to the relatively small number of unique page views per month and them not wanting to get in any trouble with WotC, nobody has yet bought ad space.

2. Re: more content - We are always looking for content, and articles, and videos. If you have an article that you want to put on the site, please contact Weedmonkey.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5