Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Human combo... Can someone help me with my manabase?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Lozober

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Human combo... Can someone help me with my manabase? Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
3 [ISD] Clifftop Retreat
4 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
2 [M13] Dragonskull Summit
2 [M13] Sunpetal Grove
2 [ISD] Woodland Cemetery
4 [GTC] Stomping Ground
4 [GTC] Godless Shrine
2 [RTR] Overgrown Tomb

// Creatures
4 [AVR] Angel of Glory's Rise
4 [GTC] Cartel Aristocrat
3 [GTC] High Priest of Penance
4 [ISD] Fiend Hunter
4 [DKA] Huntmaster of the Fells/Ravager of the Fells

// Spells
4 [RTR] Grisly Salvage
2 [DKA] Lingering Souls
4 [ISD] Mulch
4 [ISD] Unburial Rites
4 [DKA] Faithless Looting

Hey guys.
I am trying this deck i cooked as a rise and shine 2.0, what do u think about it? Any tips? I chose WBGr so that even if my opponent have graveyard hate i can still keep doing powerfull stuff.

The only card i see being questionable there is the cartel aristocrat, the only reason hes there is to go infinite life/wolf tokens.

I am having some problems creating a good manabase for the deck, can someone help me with it? Still dont hv an SB any ideas what to have in there aside Kessig Malcontents(another infinite option to win on the spot)?

Tyvm
pg8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of Malcontents, put in Staticaster. I think "destroy all your permanents" with High Priest is almost as good as infinite damage. Plus, it's actually a useful card.
Lozober

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As u can see im not really running Blue i added Green instead, i tried a Blue core instead of Green adding selhoff cultist as a win condition but didnt really work(creatures not powerful enough) and btw high priest only destroys nonland wich means it wont work as win con.
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't you already open topic about this deck?
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to do your mana base for you but I will provide you with some general rules for making a tournament worthy mana base, so hopefully you will not have this problem in the future.

The 4 carvern of souls probably make casting the humans managable, but your actual spells are going to be much harder.

You need a minimum of 12 main deck sources for a main colour, assuming no double casting cost, in which case 14 is the minimum, 15-16 more ideal. You need to put more emphasis on green sources as you need them early for salvage and mulch, which will help smooth out the rest of your mana so your looking at a minimum 14 sources here more ideally 16. Here the cavern creates a problem as you can not count it as a source towards casting non creature spells that you have quite a few of.

Its the spells you want to play early that are creating the problem as you have spells that demand both green, black and red early and then also have heavy white spells (though due to the human nature of these spells this is less of an issue.)
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1