Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gatecrash Prerelease

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited

Which guild are you playing?
Simic
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Orzhov
40%
 40%  [ 10 ]
Gruul
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Dimir
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Boros
36%
 36%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 25

mchosa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Gatecrash Prerelease Reply with quote

Another Prerelease weekend is upon us!

Vote for the guild you will be playing and discuss why you think this will be the best choice. Also strongest guild promo?

Boros: Foundry Champion
Dimir: Consuming Aberration
Gruul:Rubblehulk
Orzhov: Treasury Thrull
Simic: Fathom Mage

Personally I am thinking of playing Orzhov, but this poll could swing my choice. Cool
Livermush

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go with Grull that was you can move into either Simic or Boros. Dimir doesn't look that amazing.
cloysterd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best of the promos is probably Consuming Aberration, but the rest of Dimir is abysmal. I was initially leaning toward Gruul, but now that I've seen the full spoiler I think Orzhov has better commons so that's what I'm planning right now.
checoso

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My chooses are between Boros or Orzhov, both looks fine, maybe Boros is better.
Golrin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Boros Reply with quote

Boros would be my 2nd choice also.
ralphah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of removals on each side...

i think aggro decks will make better results... like grull and boros
Livermush

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason you don't wanna go Orzhov is because then your guild packs are gonna make you lean to either Boros or Dimir, and since Dimir really, really sucks in limited, you'll wanna go Boros if you're liking Orzhov.
Jpsn54

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely Boros for me.

With skyjek, wojek halberdiers, skyknight Legionaire, warmind infantry and even Bomber Corps at common, you can build a pretty good battalion deck with a bit of luck in the uncommons (ordruun veteran, firefist striker, boros elite, sunhome guildmage, truefire paladin). That added to decent removal at common (mugging, massive raid) and uncommon (homing lightning) and some consistent battle tricks (martial glory, boros charm) makes a pretty consistent deck with a great curve.

Second for me would be Gruul. Something that could definitely work with some guildgates, prophetic prism and perhaps some keyrunes would be WRg Aggro.
mazaza

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Gatecrash Prerelease Reply with quote

Rumble Hulk is the best promo in my opinion, but simic could well be the best limited guild.
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose champion is good splash for every colors even if you are not playing boros. So my choice is boros guild, deck could be another, just champion is amazing
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1