Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i'm brand new here, so i'm just wondering...

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other Software
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people do use OCTGN or OPT, but MWS is so prevalent that you really need to have it. If players cannot agree on a platform, they both are disqualified, and most people will only have MWS.
tchiseen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OCTGN is great, get the version with the lobby built in, google 'octgn w lobby'

octgn is good for casual games, sealed games, edh, multiplayer, etc.
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you click on the deck list before you save. What I mean is, you know how there's a column to the left that has all the cards and on the right is where your deck is, click the right column before you save.

Oh, and make sure you put it in deck edit mode. View>Deck Edit Mode.
DarklordDrex

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had that problem myself when I used the "Simple Installer" version of the game. Try getting the .exe from the Magic Workstation site and saving decks with that one. Worked for me
xHourglass

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is a year old, I'd refrain from posting in it
DarklordDrex

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're not meant to post in threads that are old delete them or lock them. Seriously.
xHourglass

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're not deleted because they're archived for others to read. They're not locked because no one has time to do that. If you go to any forums anywhere ever one of the first rules that they enforce is no necroing old threads. I challenge you to find a forum where the bumping of years old threads is permitted.

A year old is.. foreseeable, I mean the forums here are pretty slow, but some of the threads you've been bumping are over four or even five years old. The people who posted and commented on those threads haven't been on here in years for the most part.
xHourglass

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're not deleted because they're archived for others to read. They're not locked because no one has time to do that. If you go to any forums anywhere ever one of the first rules that they enforce is no necroing old threads. I challenge you to find a forum where the bumping of years old threads is permitted.

A year old is.. foreseeable, I mean the forums here are pretty slow, but some of the threads you've been bumping are over four or even five years old. The people who posted and commented on those threads haven't been on here in years for the most part.
DarklordDrex

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame. I'm a new user here. I went through the trouble of searching threads for information I was looking for. I read those threads, and because I was able to reply (i.e. it wasn't locked) I did so. If the option is there it doesn't make someone expect the damn thread to be over five years old. Nobody has time for that? Why not do it when you get an annoying notification from someone 'necroing' old threads? Kinda makes sense, and you don't have waste time going through each one. =] If a thread was archived, it wouldn't be open. Jussayin.
xHourglass

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we can tell you're new. When I said archived I meant it in the traditional sense of the word instead of the more specific term regarding old forum threads, we don't really have a real archive system here. The threads just sit in the forum to collect dust. Like I said, our forum is for the most part no different from any forum anywhere else and they all have the same expectations and rules; look at the date of the last post next time before you reply.

The mods and judges who run this site are volunteers and if you would like to step up and become a mod and lock every single forum thread that's past its 'best-before date' all the power to you. Meanwhile in the real world, I'd rather have mods spending time doing productive things like running minis.

No other forum goes to the lengths of locking every single thread that becomes old. They just expect people not to post in them. Here is no different.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1