Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 175

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
kendiggy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: CaC 175 Reply with quote

Wow, I won one of these? Sweet! *bows*

So, on to my design requirements. One of the things I used to do when I was problematically hooked on this game prior to my naval career (and still do, sometimes) is look at the things in my life as if everything was an MtG card and imagine what it would do.

So, my requirement for you is to look around you, look at your surroundings. Pick an item and turn it into a card. It could be anything... a light bulb, a computer, a toothbrush... whatever you see that you want to be a magic card. Appropriate rarity is a must as well as mana cost. One of the things I'm a stickler about is spelling and proper wording.

So, have fun and good luck! Judging sometime this weekend, prolly on Sunday, worst case scenario on Tuesday.
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchanted Chessboard 2WB

Legendary Artifact

When Enchanted Chessboard enters the battlefield, each player puts a king counter on a permanent he or she controls. If a permanent with a king counter on it leaves the battlefield, its owner loses the game.

"Checkmate."
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Series of Tubes 8

Legendary Artifact [Mythic Rare]

At the beginning of each upkeep, each player names a card. Then each player reveals the top card of his or her library. If any of the cards named is among the revealed cards, each player may cast a copy of each revealed card that was named without paying its mana cost. Then exile all cards revealed in this way.

That's a great idea! Let's all have that idea!
Duodax

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aurora Beam 1WU

Tribal Instant - Human RARE

Aurora Beam deals 3 damage to target creature. It can't be regenerated.
Tap up to one target creature.
Up to one target creature's power becomes 0 until end of turn.
Mcleetsauce

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multipurpose Printer 3UR
Artifact Rare
At the beginning of each end step, if there are five or more charge counters on Multipurpose Printer, sacrifice it. It deals damage to you equal to the number of charge counters on it.
UR, T: Copy target instant or sorcery spell you control. You may choose new targets for that spell. Put a charge counter on Multipurpose Printer.
1UR, T: Flip a coin. If you win, draw two cards. If you lose, each opponent draws a card. Put a charge counter on Multipurpose Printer.
2UR, T: Put a creature token onto the battlefield that is a copy of target creature. It has haste. Exile the token at the beginning of the next end step. Put a charge counter on Multipurpose Printer.

Last edited by Mcleetsauce on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Weebles wrote:
Cubicle - 4
Artifact (Mythic)

Creatures can't be sacrificed.
If a creature would leave the battlefield, detain it instead.

"All I have to do is last until 4 PM..."

Genius sir! Hiding away from school or work! Genius!
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thinking

Last edited by AxiomBlurr on Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
doc_morriar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bottle O' Rum 3
Artifact Rare

At the beginning of your upkeep put a charge counter on Bottle O' Rum then draw a card for each counter on Bottle O' Rum.

Spells you cast cost 1 more to play for each counter on Bottle O' Rum

"I don't get drunk, I get awesome"
llamatron2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My inspiration was a way to balance out unblockable creatures that have shroud.

Also, this sweet camera I saw: http://www.atncorp.com/night_vision_images/products/1249/big.jpg

/edit: Art by me.

Last edited by llamatron2 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:11 am; edited 2 times in total
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay - (UG)
Enchantment (rare)
(X), discard a card: Search your library for an non-land permanent card with converted mana cost X, reveal it and put it into your hand. Shuffle your library.
"What ever it is, you can get it on eBay."
Thelemys

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art source: http://www.rasher.ie/
Card inspiration: http://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=1727 + my Aquarium
Quote:
Aquarium 3
Artifact (Rare)
2: Target creature gains islandwalk until end of turn, that creature doesnít untap during its controllerís next untap step.

Come back slowly to the surface.

Gademis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scientific Calculator 3

Arifact - Rare

Scientific Calculator is blue.

U: Change the text of target spell by replacing all instances of one number word with another which is plus one or minus one than the base number.

"According to my calculations I gain 37 life and you sacrifice 43 creatures. Calculator verifies."
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mcleetsauce wrote:
Multipurpose Printer 3UR
Artifact Rare
At the beginning of each end step, if there are five or more charge counters on Multipurpose Printer, sacrifice it. It deals damage to you equal to the number of charge counters on it.
UR, T: Copy target instant or sorcery spell you control. You may choose new targets for that spell. Put a charge counter on Multipurpose Printer.
1UR, T: Flip a coin. If you win, draw two cards. If you lose, each opponent draws a card. Put a charge counter on Multipurpose Printer.
2UR, T: Put a creature token into the battlefield that is a copy of target creature. It has haste. Exile the token at the beginning of the next end step. Put a charge counter on Multipurpose Printer.

hahaha you do have to question what quality control printers go through these days they always seem to be dodgy.
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenBear wrote:
Mcleetsauce wrote:
Multipurpose Printer 3UR
Artifact Rare
2UR, T: Put a creature token into the battlefield that is a copy of target creature. It has haste. Exile the token at the beginning of the next end step. Put a charge counter on Multipurpose Printer.

hahaha you do have to question what quality control printers go through these days they always seem to be dodgy.

Interestingly enough manufacturers estimate that the lifespan of a modern printer is between 9 and 12 months.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3