Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 171, JUDGED!

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: CaC 171, JUDGED! Reply with quote

Magx wrote:
Refuse 0

Enchantment-Rebel (Uncommun)

Sacrifice Refuse : Counter target activated ability

Refuse is blue

Because refusing is so easy...

Printability: 3/5; I dunno. A free Stifle/Trickbind seems extremely unlikely.
Flavor: 8/10; Like was mentioned in the thread, this needs to be a Tribal Enchantment to make any sort of sense, and almost every rebel has been white or black. Otherwise though, not bad. Not a big fan of the flavor text though.
Usability: 4/5; Itís free, so Iím sure it would find some sort of use somewhere.
Total: 15/20

ck3gds wrote:
Gaea's Ritual 1G

Enchantment (rare)

X, Sacrifice Gaea's Ritual: Search your library for a green creature card with converted mana cost X or less and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.

"May the mightiest of all answer my summons!"

Printability: 5/5: Yes. A more fair Green Sun's Zenith. Good job.
Flavor: 9/10: Sure, I can see that.
Usability: 5/5: Green Sun's Zenith was played. I'm sure this would be played in some way.
Total: 19/20

iSperia wrote:
Plague Cloud - BBB
Enchantment (rare)
All creatures get -1/-1
Sactifice Plague Cloud: Target Creature gets -4/-4.
After a week of diseases, I felt better. That meant someone have faced his doom. - Notes in benalish captain's diary

Printability: 5/5; You pay BBB for something that affects everything. The sacrifice bit is just gravy.
Flavor: 10/10; Well done.
Usability: 3/5; This is really only useful in extremely black heavy decks. Perhaps in Zombies, but not much else.
Total: 18/20

Livermush wrote:
Pentad Idol | 3
Enchantment (Rare)

Sunburst (This comes into play with a counter on it for each color of mana used to pay its cost.)

Remove two counters from Pentad Idol: Pentad Idol becomes a 2/2 white bird creature with flying.

Remove three counters from Pentad Idol and sacrifice it: Choose one: deal 3 damage to target creature and that creature's controller, draw 3 cards then discard 1 card at random, gain 3 life for each creature in play, or search your library for 3 land cards and put them in your hand.

Printability: 0/5: You were right to not like this card. Itís just capable of way too much by itself.
Flavor: 4/10: Not really sure about this.
Usability: 5/5: Itís extremely usable, especially with Gatecrash coming up. 3 color decks are going to be the decks to beat.
Total: 9/20

pseudodespot wrote:
Blessing for the Meek W

Enchantment (uncommon)

Creature tokens you control get +0/+1

Sacrifice Blessing for the Meek: Populate.

Don't pity them. Every soul is welcome in our halls. Let this appreciation grow like the seeds, and you will reap fruits of finest flavor.

Printability: 5/5: Excellent job on this one. Provides a not-always-relevant bonus and then can be very relevant if you have a particular token thatís extremely good. Grove of the Guardian comes to mind.
Flavor: 10/10: Well done.
Usability: 4/5: Iím not really sure where this would fit in the current meta. Junk Tokens is the first thing that comes to mind, but Iím not sure I wouldnít rather just have Intangible Virtue.
Total: 19/20

sc4rs wrote:
Wumpus Lair
2GG
Enchantment
Sacrifice Wumpus Lair: Put a 6/6 green Wumpus creature token with trample onto the battlefield. Activate this ability only if you control no nonland permanents other than Wumpus Lair.
"Wumpus are notoriously shy. Even a whiff of magic in the air will send them retreating to their homes." -Saprazzan Empires, Vol. VII

Printability: 5/5: Given the condition, this extremely fair. Good job.
Flavor: 10/10: The flavor text just sits very well with me.
Usability: 3/5: Man, I dunno. You really want this in Junk Tokens, but at the same time you really donít. Itís hard to judge whether this card would be constructed playable. I doubt it.

blitzer2k7 wrote:
Havoc Fest 1RR

Enchantment - Uncommon

Creatures you control have haste.

At the beginning of the next end step, Havoc Fest deals X damage to each creature where X is the number of creatures on the battlefield.

Sacrifice Havoc Fest: Deal 2 damage to each other player and 3 damage to you.

Printability: 5/5: Yep.
Flavor: 7/10: Itís definitely a red card. Wouldnít have minded it as 1RB though.
Usability: 2/5: Seems a little too ďkills my own guysĒ to be really useful.
Total: 14/20

Krabik wrote:
Years of Famine - 1BB

Enchantment - Rare

Creatures you control get -1/-1 and have deathtouch

2W, Sacrifice Years of Famine and three creatures you control: Put an enchantment token named Years of Plenty with "Creatures you control get +3/+3 and have lifelink" onto the battlefield under your control.

"The next seven years will be a period of great prosperity throughout the land." - Holy Manuscripts, Genesis 41:29

Printability: 4/5: It seems to me that the second ability would do better with only sacrificing two creatures. Maintaining three creatures while everything has -1/-1 and deathtouch is pretty tough, especially in an aggressive environment.
Flavor: 10/10: I like it.
Usability: 4/5: Again, the three creatures seems like too much, but it could be very powerful if done correctly.

JC_Strainer wrote:
Song of Pipers 3GG

Enchantment [Mythic Rare]

At the beginning of your upkeep, you may look at the top card of your library. If it's a creature or land card, you may put it onto the battlefield.

Sacrifice Song of Pipers: You may put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield.

"A song to strengthen,
a song to unite,
a song with the power
to win every fight!"
óFelasnia, Elvish piper

Printability: 5/5: The fact that this does nothing when it enters the battlefield is the best part. Otherwise, itís just an okay Tooth and Nail.
Flavor: 10/10: You did a good job of what you intended to do.
Usability: 5/5: This is a hard card to judge. Mono-green and variants could get this out on turn 3 or 4, which could be devastating if youíve got things like Craterhoof Behemoth. I think it would see play.
Total: 20/20

Stucco wrote:
Pollenate........................................GG
Enchantment..................................U

Whenever you tap a land, if it is the first land you tapped this turn, you may add an additional G to your mana pool.

Sacrifice Pollenate: Search your library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.

With each assault of the Skyshroud Forest, came an equally intense period of regrowth.

Printability: 5/5: Sure, looks good to me. Either way, even if you donít sacrifice it you get the mana boost. Otherwise itís mana fixing and ramp, which is great.
Flavor: 8/10: Wouldíve liked to see this do something related to Blue, based on its namesake from the flavor text.
Usability: 4/5: GG is tough for a mana ramp spell, but if youíre in mono-green, nice.
Total: 17/20

thelemys wrote:
Avarice 1BB
Enchantment Rare
Each opponentís maximum hand size is reduced by two.
Sacrifice Avarice: Each opponent discard 1 card at random.
Less isn't more: less is enough!

Printability: 3/5: Seems extremely powerful for its cost. Has potential to reduce a hand by 3 cards with a single casting if done properly.
Flavor: 8/10: Not sure Iím following where you were going with the flavor on this one.
Usability: 5/5: Completely usable and abusable.
Total: 16/20

pg8 wrote:
Hans, Seal of Tarmogoyf 1G
Tribal Artifact Enchantment Planeswalker -- Hans Lhurgoyf
+1: Sacrifice a permanent. You gain 1 life.
0: Sacrifice ~, then draw a card.
-4: Put a green Bear Tribal Enchantment token onto the battlefield with "All creatures are 2/2".
{2}

Printability: 0/5: No.
Flavor: 6/10: Ignoring how insane this card is, Iím going to say itís okay on flavor.
Usability: 5/5: Iím sure it would be abused somewhere.
Total: 11/20

AxiomBlurr wrote:
War of the Meek RW

Enchantment - Rare

Whenever a creature with converted mana cost of 1 or less enters the battlefield under your control,
War of the Meek deals 1 damage to target creature or player and you gain 1 life.

Sacrifice War of the Meek: Search your library for a creature card with converted mana cost 1 or less,
reveal it and then put it in your hand. Shuffle your library.

"Dey hab launch-ed a lil' war mi-Lord, but it be a war non d'less." - Redge Ther, son of Redge Unth.

Printability: 5/5: I donít see why not.
Flavor: 10/10: The flavor text just rubs me the right way.
Usability: 5/5: Especially with Boros coming up.

Domine wrote:
Curtain of Dark Phantasmagoria 1B

Tribal Enchanment - Spirit

Sacrifice Curtain of Dark Phantasmagoria: Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn.

Whenever a spirit leaves the battlefield return Curtian of Dark Phantasmagoria to the battlefield.

Uncommon.

Printability: 0/5: This creates an infinite loop within itself if Iím not mistaken.
Flavor: 8/10: I do like the name of the card though.
Usability: 5/5: Considering itís a free fog whenever you want for only 1B, yep.
Total: 13/20

Bairdsy wrote:

Printability: 3/5: At common? Probably not.
Flavor: 10/10: Coool, cool.
Usability: 4/5: Iím sure this would find a use somewhere, I just donít know where.
Total: 17/20

Omnom wrote:
Selesyna Seal WG

Enchantment (Uncommon)

When Selesnya Seal enters the battlefield, put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token onto the battlefield.

Sacrifice Selesnya Seal: Populate. (Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of a creature token you control.)

"With a little magic, the conclave will soon flourish."
- Trostani, Selesnya's Voice

Printability: 5/5: Okay, yeah. Does something when it comes in and then can give you something even better than a second Saproling if you want.
Flavor: 10/10: Yep.
Usability: 3/5: This has the same problem other cards with populate have, theyíre only good in specific decks.

Ynzo wrote:

Printability: 5/5: I like this card quite a lot and it seems perfectly okay. Three mana for draw two discard two, and you can recur it if youíre careful.
Flavor: 10/10: Seems like this should have been a card in Innistrad or Dark Ascension.
Usability: 5/5: Yep, yep, yep!

Mr_Weebles wrote:
Gate Controls - 2
Artifact (Rare)

Whenever a Gate enters the battlefield under your control, you may untap all Gates you control.

Sacrifice Gate Controls: Search your library for a Gate card and put that card onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.

This is not an Enchantment and as such I will not judge it.

Jacois wrote:

Printability: 5/5: Seems good for Magic 2013.
Flavor: 10/10: Assuming this was printed in Magic 2013, that little reference to Ravnica wouldíve been sweet.
Usability: 3/5: Constructed playable? Probably not.

Spyx wrote:
Demon's Journey 2BB
Enchantment

At the beginning of each playerís upkeep that player discards a card.

Sacrifice Demon's Journey: Draw x cards, where x is 7 minus the total number of cards in all players' hands. Activate this ability as a sorcery.

Printability: 5/5: Seems a bit powerful, but okay.
Flavor: 6/10: Not sure where this was headed, but meh.
Usability: 4/5: Mono black likes this card quite a bit. Maybe could find a home in a control deck somewhere.
Total: 15/20

So, letís look at our perfect scores:

JC_Strainer, with Song of Pipers!
AxiomBlurr, with War of the Meek!
Ynzo, with Search Among the Corpses!

All of them were good cards and I really liked a lot of the entries. Good job guys.

But I have to choose just one, so the winner isÖ

Ynzo, with Search Among the Corpses!

Last edited by ShamedShadow on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ynzo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ShamedShadow, but this version is the version that i have post before your judge. I have post this card yesterday:

ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize, I was going off of the version I had saved.

Congrats on winning this one Ynzo.
Ynzo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tnx Wink
JC_Strainer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, perfect score and I still don't win? Very Happy

The nice upside is, the contest continues and I don't have to think of a challenge, so no harm done there. Wink
pg8

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to figure out how I got 5/5 on usability.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for judging.
My winner was Omnom.
Domine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well im pretty sure that it wont return from your graveyard because when it lea es play it is not in your graveyard but my wording was messy so yeah, good judging thanks!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1