Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Regarding CR601.3

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
daguob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

innocent blood maybe?
sc4rs

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Library of Lat-Nam or Fatal Lore are some examples of spells 601.3 is talking about, where your opponent chooses a mode instead of you.

601.3a is to make sure that if you're playing multiplayer, that you know you are the one who gets to choose which opponent makes the choice even though it doesn't target any opponent.

I'm racking my brain for an example of 601.3b that hasn't be errataed to explicitly say what the rule says, but I can't think of one. Maybe a judge will have an example.
Jacois

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sc4rs wrote:

I'm racking my brain for an example of 601.3b that hasn't be errataed to explicitly say what the rule says, but I can't think of one. Maybe a judge will have an example.

derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacois wrote:
sc4rs wrote:

Not bidding. 603.1 doesnt apply to them since chosing a creature type isnt "normally done upon casting" - same true for innocent blood etc.
Kaesh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patriarch's Bidding uses rule 101.4, not rule 601.3b. Examples of activated abilities that meet the requirements of rule 601.3b are Arena, Cuombajj Witches, and Mogg Assassin. I can't think of any actual spells.
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaesh wrote:
Patriarch's Bidding uses rule 101.4, not rule 601.3b. Examples of activated abilities that meet the requirements of rule 601.3b are Arena, Cuombajj Witches, and Mogg Assassin. I can't think of any actual spells.

Juxtapose... in the case where you both have a tie for the highest cost.
Clariax
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bairdsy wrote:

Juxtapose... in the case where you both have a tie for the highest cost.

The choice of which creature in the case of a tie is made on resolution, not when the spell is cast.
Kaesh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Evangelize falls under rule 601.3b, although in a rather awkward fashion.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1