Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Azorius Aggro

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Darkjuggalo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Azorius Aggro Reply with quote

First I wanna say I think Az aggro is one of the strongest decks in the current T2 format, but I think it has room for improvement. Im submitting my current deck list for help with this from the M-L community.

// Lands
4 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
4 [M13] Glacial Fortress
4 [RTR] Hallowed Fountain
2 [ISD] Moorland Haunt
9 [RTR] Plains (1)

// Creatures
4 [ISD] Champion of the Parish
2 [ISD] Fiend Hunter
4 [ISD] Geist of Saint Traft
4 [M13] Knight of Glory
4 [RTR] Lyev Skyknight
4 [RTR] Precinct Captain
4 [AVR] Silverblade Paladin
4 [M13] Sublime Archangel
3 [DKA] Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
4 [M13] War Falcon

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [ISD] Fiend Hunter
SB: 1 [DKA] Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
SB: 4 [ISD] Elite Inquisitor
SB: 2 [ISD] Feeling of Dread
SB: 3 [ISD] Nevermore
SB: 3 [ISD] Purify the Grave

The decks mana base is 23 lands, 8 pure blue and white producers and 4 Cavern of Souls to add to the dual color production possibilities as well as protecting the entry of creatures onto the table. 2 copies of Moorland Haunt to make use of creatures passed (R.I.P.), Completing the land roster is 9 Plains to support the majority white spell base.

Creature breakdown is as follows:

Champion of the Parish - Great 1st turn 1 drop especially in a majority Human deck, almost every creature you cast is going to add +1/+1 counter making it a creature that needs to be dealt with.

War Falcon - Another great 1 drop for any white using creature based deck. With 21 creatures filling the criteria for this creature being able to attack, not to mention it being a 2/1 that can block without the attacking stipulations being filled.

Thalia, Guardian of Thraben - Thalia is an awesome card against control and burn, especially in the early game by making each have to dig deeper into mana resources to cast anything. 2/1 First striker for 2 with that kind of ability makes her a bad bad bitch to deal with especially if you can get in play a cavern to ensure she gets there.

Knight of Glory - This is a card that im looking to get rid of. I know it is pretty good with the potential to make any of the 1 drops swing for 3 on turn 2 but I'm looking for more. the pro black part of it only comes into being beneficial if playing against either color zombie decks which i am seeing less and less of.

Precinct Captain - A great 2 drop with first strike giving me an additional 1/1 weenie if I connect with a swing.

Fiend Hunter - good removal allowing me to take down threats or to clear the way for creature strikes.

Lyev Skyknight - Lyev is a good stunt to stop blocks as well as attacks for a full turn and also being able to target another perm, stopping its activated ability for at least a turn which can be a very good thing. Being a 3/1 flyer is also a good thing for going over the top for a good smack.

Geist of Saint Traft - One of my favorite cards in the deck! Even though it is a 2/2 for 3 and not a mono colored 3, it having hexproof and creating a 4/4 flyer every time you swing with it more then make up for any kinda mana cost draw back.

Silverblade Paladin - Great card hands down. making sure this card comes into play with a cavern is essential. Many a trick can be pulled with this in play my favorite being swing with GST and giving the D-strike to the angel token swinging for 8, making this a card to deal with forcing your to deal with it.

Sublime Archangel - another card i kinda want to get rid of because of the 4 mana cost. This deck is not a late game deck and waiting for a 4 drop is like watching grass grow. 4/3 flyer that gives other creatures exalted is a good ability but to slow for an aggro deck i think.

Sideboard options:

Fiend Hunter - another pair in the side for creature based decks.

Thalia, Guardian of Thraben - 1 more for control and burn match ups

Elite Inquisitor - 2/2 first striker for zombie and vamp match ups obv.

Feeling of Dread - a little control for creature based aggro and just large blockers/attackers.

Nevermore - to stop single card threats (hexproof creatures!)

Purify the Grave - cause everyone loves graveyard hate, fucking rites and flashback

Azorius aggro is a very fast deck that can quickly end a game against most every deck in standard at the moment with very few contradictions to this. The decks that I have the most problem with is aura aggro and most decks running hexproof and unblockable creatures. My goal is to make this deck a more formidable force to deal with in the current standard environment.

Please any feed back is helpful and welcomed

ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure this deck just dies to Terminus, right?
Darkjuggalo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShamedShadow wrote:

just like most creature based decks but the idea is to not empty your hand if you see a possible threat of it hitting the board

StarWolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkjuggalo wrote:
ShamedShadow wrote:

just like most creature based decks but the idea is to not empty your hand if you see a possible threat of it hitting the board

Technically other aggro decks are a little more resilient to sweepers (they might have things like burn spells, undying creatures, rancor, gravecrawler, etc.) but you're right, anyone playing this deck would hopefully be smart enough to know when not to overextend.
Iso1nano

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

instead of knight of glory you can try dryad militiant maybe? Also that 1u enchanment that gives plus 2 plus 2 and flying maybe as a 3 of ?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1