Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Netdraft Observer

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other Software
Burton911

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Netdraft Observer Reply with quote

I dont have too much time right now so im only going to drop a few lines.

This Programm provides, image support for Netdraft.
It will display Images from a Directory you choose, in relation to whats going on in a NetDraft Client window, thus its called Netdraft Observer.
I got the basic idea for this Programm from braden's CardHover which can be found a few Threads bellow this one.

Requirements:
You need to have at least v2.5 of the .Net Framework installed.
If you dont have it yet i recommend you to just intall .Net 4.0 (link is in my post bellow).

.exe-File:
http://www.mediafire.com/?qhp99997emarxdx

Source Code (as a MS Visual Stuido Project):
http://www.mediafire.com/?8yty2jljlyyext8
(Note: this is my first ever C# Programm. Yes i now about Listeners tough, the Listeners for the UI Interface did not work on Netdraft Sad i have not explored that behaviour fully tough, maybe in the next version )

I dont want to write some kind of extensive Tutorial on this cause the funcionalty should be pretty obvious to anyone.
The following 3 screenshots show how it works.
To give you a basic idea of how this works. Its like, if you stand on one end of a crowded street and another persons stands at the corner on the other end of the street, and tries to yell to you whats happening around the corner :/
While using the Programm its always possible to switch back to netdraft and perform the desired task there. If something goes wrong you could also jsut try to hit the "Stop" Button and then presst the "start observing" button again which will work often.

If you open the programm for the first time it will ask you to set the image Directory, which would be the Pics folder in the MWS Directory in most cases.

1) The start Screen:
http://imagebin.org/173758
The "Start Netdraft" Button does nothing special it just starts netdraft as if you would click on Netdraft.exe, tough its more conveniant this way Wink.
//edit: An instance of netdraft can be found already in the folder this programm comes with.
Its updated till Innistrad.
Then just press "Start Observing" to well start observing :O

2) The Draft Screen:
http://imagebin.org/173756
(sidenote: cause the images are to blurred by the shrink algorithm of paint. The Chuck Testa Card says "You probably thought this was modo ^^ )
Dont click to fast on the cards, cause it ocaisonally takes some time to load a new booster, and you accidentally pick a card you dont want to pick. If you doubleklick on a card in this window it will be picked in netdraft.

3) The Deck Builder (there is definitly some work to do on this one):
http://imagebin.org/173757
When you doubleclick on a card in the list it will be added to the mainboard in netdraft and in the programm.

When the Programm sends Commands to Netdraft it gives the Focus to Netdraft (the netdraft window will be the top Window then) and sends some key-Commands to the top window which then is the Netdraft Window.
Therefore i would put the netdraft window, at the edge of the screen so that most of it is invisible, BUT so its still easy accessable if something goes wrong.

Why should i trust you, that you dont sneak any malware into my system?
I dont know.
If it helps you im the guy that has written the programm that produces the Metabreakdowns for the trials.
Im also developing the SealedDeckBuilder tough i have not worked on it for over a month now. Should maybe finish that too :>. And as i wrote in the SDB Thread it would be pointless to try to distribute a virus with this kind of programm cause the number of potentail users is pretty low.
And last but not least:
im still not shure.
NETDRAFT WITH PICTURES.
... yeah huu thats great bu..
I SAID NETDRAFT WITH PICTRUES Cool

Planned to be maybe implemented in the future:
*) hooking this up with a database to be more intependant from netdraft
*) drag and drop support, cause drag and drop is awesome
*) improving the GUI

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy this Programm.
Sorry for the style of this post, but im pretty tired Sad
If you have any questions feel free to ask them here or ask me in IRC

cu
Burton911
SteB in IRC

Last edited by Burton911 on Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:40 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sebas_

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Testing it Anyway thanks for all your works seems pretty good software if it works i will love you forever =)
Zacharael

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downlaoded and then I tried to run it and I get this error:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application."

How could I fix that ?
Burton911

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sorry, i forgot to mention that in the anouncement.
You need Netframework in order to run the Programm.
In his CardHover Thread braden said the the UI Automation Interface was introduced with Net.2.5 so you have to have at least that.

Tough if you are not shure its probalby for the best to just update to the latest .Net-Framework which is 4.0.
This is completly safe, cause .Net was develped by Microsoft (you could argue if that makes it safe tough Razz ).
You can find the latest version here

Any other expirences (bad or good) so far?

//edit: i also forgot.
You can test the programm by just opening a solitary netdraft draft.
You can do this by just hosting a draft (File > Host) then press the "Listen Button" and afterwards press the "Start Draft" Button.
Sebas_

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesnt seem to work =[ i cannot see any card while i was "observing" the draft
Burton911

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry i havent read the thread in a while.

Die the program show any errors?
Did you set the picture path?

I havent used the program in a while now, im going to figure it out later :/
Sebas_

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burton911 wrote:
Sorry i havent read the thread in a while.

Die the program show any errors?
Did you set the picture path?

I havent used the program in a while now, im going to figure it out later :/

0 errors

I did (set the picture path)
JC_Strainer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like your program, but Return to Ravnica doesn't seem to work (while M13 does).
JC_Strainer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out what the problem with Return to Ravnica was:

The card pictuers were written in lowercase, which doesn't seem to be supported by Netdraft Observer. So make sure all your pictures are written in higher case (for example "Mortal Flesh Is Weak.jpg" and not "mortal flesh is weak.jpg")

I also uploaded an updated version up to RTR:

http://www.mediafire.com/?fl9eue05f6v7ezb

One thing that would make this perfect: Have the pictures in the middle (where you choose your pick) scale with the window, to have them readable without the detail view on the right.

Thanks for all the great work on this awesome app.
Burton911

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JC_Strainer wrote:
I found out what the problem with Return to Ravnica was:

The card pictuers were written in lowercase, which doesn't seem to be supported by Netdraft Observer. So make sure all your pictures are written in higher case (for example "Mortal Flesh Is Weak.jpg" and not "mortal flesh is weak.jpg")

I also uploaded an updated version up to RTR:

http://www.mediafire.com/?fl9eue05f6v7ezb

One thing that would make this perfect: Have the pictures in the middle (where you choose your pick) scale with the window, to have them readable without the detail view on the right.

Thanks for all the great work on this awesome app.

Thats not really a bug. The program takes the cardnames from netdraft, so you need to name the pictures exactly the same as in the netdraft patch.

This program was just a quick and dirty sketch I did because i was interested in the topic. I haven't picked it up since then, but maybe i will again.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1