Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 168 JUDGED

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: CaC 168 JUDGED Reply with quote

Looks like entries temp is reducing, so i decided to judge beforehands to keep tempo Smile

Here are results:

CMA-Flippi
Creativity/Consistence: 2/5. Name doesnt fit creature type (sounds like enchantment)
Balance/Mechanics: 4/5. Too slow win condition )
Total: 6/10

Domine
Creativity/Consistence: 4/5. Good naming
Balance/mechanics: 4/5. It is not rare card. Its impact is not great (you should lose one game in order to get advantage out of bear), but i like idea
Total: 8/10

sc4rs
C/C: 4/5. Good naming
B/M: 3/5. Looks like relentless blocker. But it doesnt look like you really want to play lots of Shifting Mists in deck
Total: 7/10

Jacois
C/C: 4/5. Good naming for such "legendary" spell, I like art. But why God can't touch creatures?
B/M: 4/5. I like the balance. This card is not card that is so broken so you as developer should minimize quality just to one card in deck.

ck3gds
C/C: 5/5. Naming fits the card, it is really treefolk like thingie.
B/M: 5/5. Nice card to see, really!
Total: 10/10

JC_Strainer
C/C: 4/5. Name is good. Thanks for flavour. I dont think it is origina, guess there was similar card already
B/M: 5/5. Good balancing of card
Total: 9/10

pankill
C/C: 2/5. Totally unreadable, and way too m-l oriented (jacois reference)
B/M: 5/5 Good balance for the card, maybe you can even reduce its cost

llamatron2
C/C: 4/5: It is ok, but nothing says that this card is "relentless" or like. Too simple to be 5/5
B/M: 3/5. Let check ideal hand: (1) + (2+3) + (4+5+6). 6 cards, 3 lands in three turns we may just hemmorhage opponent totally. I guess it is overpowered

thelemys
C/C: 3/5. Bad wording I guess. Spell has no name, only trigger.
B/M: 3/5. Overpowered as hell even if singletone at instant speeed.
total: 6/10

bairdsy
C/C: 2/5. It doesn't fit challenge, since it doesnt really limit or extend your deckbuilding possibilities, it is just card like leyline of singularity, sorry
B/M: 4/5. Good balance

Goblin Squaddie
C/C: 4/5. Good you got flavour and approrpiate name. But I suppose that number "6" is not dictated by balance
P/T: 3/5. Overbroken since mountains rule. I guess card could be better, if not limit to 6, and put only samenamers

Livermush
C/C: 5/5. Interesting card really, fits the mechanics totally
P/T: 4/5. I m not sure anyone will put it into hand. But may be good as for discard engine cards
total: 9/10

blitzer2k7
C/C: 3/5. Not correct errate I guess (exile card to your hand, huh? i guess from your hand).
P/T: 3/5. Too broken rampant effect for just one mana. Too good if deck has only two rampant effects and doesnt care about graveyard. Broken even with flashback G.

strid3r
C/C: 3/5. I don't know what is Motus. And no flavour says it
P/T: 4/5. It is maximum about one deck which needs this land probably ) and i dont know what it could be. Interesting idea thoght.

Darkseed
C/C: 2/5. Doesn't fits challenge really
P/T: 4/5. This card really opens some space for deck techs! Ruin the deck of opponent, and concede game 2 since you probably win game 3. Good idea, but balance is probably not ideal

Stucco
C/C: 5/5. I like name for such a "cantrip"! And flavour...
P/T: 4/5. Card is really good for some kind of combo decks for filling deck. But doesn't like as tier-1 card, so this card maybe see play in budget analogues of some decks. It is imho obv
Total: 9/10

AxiomBlurr
C/C: 5/5. Good card name and flavour
P/T: 3/5. Enhance bear with cantrip is overpowered i guess

Bejeezus
C/C: 4/5. Naming is ok. No flavour, but it is ok to be golgari ooze
P/T: 4/5. It is very very interesting card. Good for some comboes )

So, relentless winner is ck3gds!!! Gratz man, good lands really
sc4rs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: CaC 168 JUDGED Reply with quote

iSperia wrote:

sc4rs
C/C: 4/5. Good naming
B/M: 3/5. Looks like relentless blocker. But it doesnt look like you really want to play lots of Shifting Mists in deck

My idea was that you could play a lot of Shifting Mists with a few cards like Ghoultree/Kessig Cagebreakers/Avatar of Woe that care about you having lots of creatures in your graveyard. It could even theoretically make Mortal Combat useful instead of just bad.

But thanks for the feedback!
Thelemys

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: CaC 168 JUDGED Reply with quote

iSperia wrote:

thelemys
C/C: 3/5. Bad wording I guess. Spell has no name, only trigger.
B/M: 3/5. Overpowered as hell even if singletone at instant speeed.
Is it really better than Browbeat, Gifts Ungiven or Ad Nauseam? Your opponent will give you the 4 worst cards in your deck giving the situation.
I don't understand the 3/5 for "Spell has no name, only trigger."
What is the difference between my wording and this one?
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh well - thats what I get for trying to think differently. To me it felt like a lot of the other entries modified the deckbuilding limit because it fit the challenge and not the card, so I didnt jump through hoops to do so.

you live... you learn
Thelemys

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a judge like me you would have been one of the top 3 cards Bairdsy. Each judge has his feelings.
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelemys wrote:
Spell has no name, only trigger.

I mean, spell had no resolve text, not name, sorry.
You specified only trigger "When you play.."
Thelemys

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, you mean text would have been better like this:
Quote:
Target opponent search your graveyard and library for 4 nonland cards with different names. You put those cards into your hand, if one of those card is named De Profundis: You lose the game.
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the win to livermush I think

...as ck3 has lost internet of recent...that is of course he is back up and running!!!?????
Livermush

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AxiomBlurr wrote:
Give the win to livermush I think

...as ck3 has lost internet of recent...that is of course he is back up and running!!!?????

He should probably be back up by now, give him a few days to respond.
Fanboy1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: CaC 168 JUDGED Reply with quote

thelemys wrote:

Is it really better than Browbeat, Gifts Ungiven or Ad Nauseam? Your opponent will give you the 4 worst cards in your deck giving the situation.[/quote]

But still FOUR different spells for three mana. That is completely overpowered.
BlackPen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

De Profundis is actually terrible. It literally does nothing. Players can always fail to search. So your opponent will search for four nonland cards thenfail to find any, and you will have paid 3 mana for nothing.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best answer: Blackpen (didn't know your opponent could choose to fail). I have to word it differently.
Bairdsy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could try something like:

Reveal your library. Target opponent chooses 4 nonland cards with different names from those in your library and your graveyard. Put those cards into your hand. If one of the chosen cards is named De Profundis you lose the game.

Quick question though - when does a sorcery card hit the graveyard? Is the copy of it you played already in the graveyard for the opponent to choose when this resolves?
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who is going to be running the next CaC?
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krabik wrote:
iSperia wrote:
blitzer2k7
C/C: 3/5. Not correct errate I guess (exile card to your hand, huh? i guess from your hand).
P/T: 3/5. Too broken rampant effect for just one mana. Too good if deck has only two rampant effects and doesnt care about graveyard. Broken even with flashback G.

I think you don't understand what's written in his entry. It's <you may return this card to your hand from either your graveyard or exile>. It's just written in a different sentence, which really makes sense if you read it carefuly. - You may return this card (from your graveyard or exile) to your hand by paying its Recurrance cost. So IMO it's worded perfectly fine.
First, thanks Krabik for actually taking the time to read it and for the props. Second, it costs 3 mana to cast and 1 to return it to your hand for a total of 4 mana to cast and return to hand. Third, Recurrance is different than flashback in that you arent casting it from graveyard or exile, you are returning it from graveyard or exile to your hand.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2