Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Judge Test

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
d3m0n

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: New Judge Test Reply with quote

As far as I see it most Trials are around 1 hour late. *edit: I meant many not most

I guess ML needs more Judges. It would help if a new Judge Test would be created.

So far ... d3m0n

Last edited by d3m0n on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a lot of trials starting 5-15 minutes late, but more than that is pretty rare. Do you have some sort of evidence of what you are saying?

Furthermore, what good would having 2 Judge Tests do? One for people who actually know the rules, and one for people who are really good at being online on time to start the trial perhaps?

ML does need more judges, but if the standards are lowered, we will just need *better* judges instead.
d3m0n

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should not get easier at all... but as far as I remember a chat with Flippi, the question balance isn't up to date.

I only wish for a new test so that people that learned since last time get a new chance.

Well the Standart Trial 00:13 10/28/12 was sheduled for 11:00 PM CET.

When did the last TestPeriod start ?
Steveman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://magic-league.com/news/573/trial_times,_daylight_savings.html
d3m0n

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am from Europe so this may have worked ... also i am not sure the Time postet in the History is correct.

More Important:
When did the last testperiod start ?
When does the next testperiode start?
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.magic-league.com/news/574/judge_test_reset.html
d3m0n

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wohoo. Thanks Very Happy
magicman85

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen a Magic event start on time in my life, nothing new here.
Darkseed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we need another kind of "judge", a guy with the ability of host minis and trials but without making rulings. Maybe people with a lot of time in magic-league could apply to something like this, someone reliable.
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkseed wrote:
Maybe we need another kind of "judge", a guy with the ability of host minis and trials but without making rulings. Maybe people with a lot of time in magic-league could apply to something like this, someone reliable.

This discussion has come up time and again. You can likely find the old ones in the forums. This would not be a good idea, since then if there is no judge around, rulings can't be made. Also, what would the point of becoming a judge be anymore if you don't need to be a judge to run minis?
StarWolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with moscowdemon. Already there's a lot of frustration over rulings taking a long time, and it would just compound that frustration if a higher percentage of minis had no judge around to make rulings. I don't think that having non-judge TC's is an option. This is just a problem with no easy solution, if not enough people are qualified to be judges, then the answer isn't to make the judge test easier or more frequent.
mchosa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wizards has an irc chan staffed by dci judges that answer rules questions... js
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mchosa wrote:
wizards has an irc chan staffed by dci judges that answer rules questions... js

OH RIGHT! We can just have them solve every single problem that occurs, including disconnections, tardiness, slow play, missed trigger fixes, etc, etc, etc.

So ignore mchosa, as it seems his idea is just out of the picture. As it is, we have quite a few DCI judges anyways (multiple L2s also, with one on the way to L3). I can estimate that only 5-10% of the things that come to #judges4you are rules questions while the rest is all penalty related.
mchosa

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just saying rules questions can be answered...

oh, i didnt realize there were questions "including disconnections, tardiness, slow play, missed trigger fixes, etc, etc, etc." on the judge test............................................ >>
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh great, so you were referring to the thing I though you were. Well, let's just say that if you go to those channels and ask for the answers on our test, we will know and it won't be good for you. Great for you to bring it up, though, so we can address the options of cheating. Also remember that there is still an approval process and a training process to get through.

TL;DR - Don't cheat on the test. As someone who grades them, it is kind of obvious and not a good idea. Just honestly study and pass.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2