Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Epic Experiment Decklist Topped 8 at states??

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Iso1nano

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Epic Experiment Decklist Topped 8 at states?? Reply with quote

Ran across this article

www.channelfireball.com/articles/woo-brews-unveiling-the-epic-experiment

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
2 [GP] Steam Vents
2 [EVG] Mountain (1)
1 [7E] Plains (1)
1 [DIS] Hallowed Fountain
4 [PT] Island (4)
6 [ZEN] Forest (1a)
1 [M12] Sunpetal Grove
4 [ISD] Hinterland Harbor
4 [RAV] Temple Garden

// Spells
4 [AVR] Temporal Mastery
4 [TSP] Think Twice
3 [RTR] Mana Bloom
4 [RAV] Farseek
4 [M13] Ranger's Path
4 [RTR] Epic Experiment
4 [AVR] Terminus
3 [DKA] Increasing Devotion
2 [DKA] Increasing Vengeance
1 [DKA] Increasing Confusion
2 [M13] Boundless Realms

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [M13] Negate
SB: 3 [M13] Thragtusk
SB: 2 [RTR] Izzet Charm
SB: 3 [RTR] Detention Sphere
SB: 3 [RTR] Jace, Architect of Thought
SB: 3 [RTR] Centaur Healer

made changes to sb other than that what do you guys think...
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it wants a 3rd boundless relams, seems a pretty key card to the deck
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I want to play it.
Burton911

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenBear wrote:
I think it wants a 3rd boundless relams, seems a pretty key card to the deck

The Problem is that on the one hand it combos with Experimemnt pretty well but on the other hand it is useless apart from that.

@T: I think this deck has enough potential to become really good with more cards introduced into Standard but right now its Tier 2 at best.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With out realms i just do not think the deck can generate enough mana quick enough to win most the time though. When i played vs the deck duressing boundless realms won both games post board.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a combo deck they dont really care about dead cards, realms is essential to the combo woos list has 3 realms 2 is certainly to few.
Iso1nano

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that list is woos final version of the deck though
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have playtested this a ton in my circle, and here is the decklist I finalized with.

//Lands

1 Plains
2 Mountain
4 Island
5 Forest
1 Overgrown Tomb
1 Hallowed Fountain
2 Steam Vents
4 Temple Garden
1 Sunpetal Grove
4 Hinterland Harbor

//Ramp
4 Farseek
3 Ranger's Path
3 Mana Bloom

//Spells
3 Temporal Mastery
4 Terminus
3 Increasing Devotion
2 Increasing Vengeance
4 Think Twice

//The Combo
4 Epic Experiment
3 Boundless Realms
2 Increasing Ambition

Yes, I splashed Black for Increasing Ambition. It sends the consistency of the deck through the roof in my opinion. Between Mana Bloom, Farseek and Ranger's Path (both of which can fetch the Overgrown Tomb), you can always have the B you need. Increasing Confusion just didn't cut it for me. I understand it's an alternative out, but it's a sideboard card at best.

As such...

//Sideboard
1 Increasing Confusion
2 Past in Flames
4 Centaur Healer
2 Army of the Damned
3 Tormod's Crypt
3 Dispel

Army of the Damned is disgusting. Sure, you'll never hardcast that thing, but you can sure as hell Epic Experiment into it. It's really excellent in the mirror match, since most likely the mirror match will bring in something that will only kill 1/1s. 2/2 Zombies, aww yeah!

Past in Flames is awesome too. Talk about value. Cast this bad boy during one of your extra turns from Temporal Mastery, and things go from awesome to just plain stupid amazing. (flashback Increasing Devotion for 5, DOUBLE COPY it for 2 with Increasing Vengeance.) It even has potential to be good when you're Experimenting.

Those are the only cards I wanted to highlight, but this deck is a ton of fun and this list is probably the best iteration of it so far IMO.
Forthecats

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many things wrong with that list I don't even know where to start, I'll try though.

Boundless realms isn't good enough, Travis Woo cut those a while ago... How in the world do you cut a Temporal Mastery? Seriously? Your trolling right bro? You cut the best card in the deck that literately makes the deck tick.... Also I see no reason to cut a Ranger's Path, you need to ramp to epic for 7, its the best ramp spell in the deck.

And then onto the board, Tormod's Crypt....k no, cut those. Army of the Damned....lol k no, cut those. Past in Flames ..............Im not sure keep testing these it seems reasonable. Dispel..............This also seems reasonable although im fairly certain you could accomplish the same thing with better cards(Izzet Charm).

You realize this deck has a terrible MU vs Zombies and RDW? how in the world are you expecting to beat them with less Sweepers and no Thragtusks in the board. Centaur Healer and Terminus is simply not enough. Lets look at the cards other versions run to beat aggro, Jace, Thragtusk, Centaur Healer, Supreme Verdict, Huntmaster, Terminus, in some combination. Hell Thragtusk and Terminus would be better. Stop testing with Toddlers, it dilutes your results.
Iso1nano

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really disliking mana bloom and am thinking of dawntreader elk second of all forthecats agreed but when u side in thrag jace centaur izzet charm and detention sphere i believe that is enough to combat current aggro rdw isn't being played at all do to thragtusk shenanigans and zombies can be ruff mu but when u ride healers and thragtusk with jace and terminus thats always fun g1 though agreed decks to slow.

Im looking at a way to make the deck more consistent Im thinking of adding jaces and tamiyo md 3xjace and 2x tamiyo O.o opinions
nightmood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ look at the top 4 at the masters <3
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1