Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 161, judged

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Jacois

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: CaC 161, judged Reply with quote

blitzer2k7 wrote:
Diabolic Creation 3BB

Sorcery - Rare

You may sacrifice two creatures rather than pay Diabolic Creation's mana cost.

Return target creature from a graveyard to the battlefield.

Heh, this is probably really broken. Oh well, I like it. I'm not sure if it's better or worse than Dread Return. A

GunsAndDope wrote:
Giant of Olympus | 2GGGG
Creature - Giant (Rare)

Shroud

You may discard 2 non-land, non-creature cards rather than pay Giant of Olympus's Casting Cost.

Whenever a player casts a non-creature card, sacrifice Giant of Olympus unless you pay 2.

5/6

Hrmmmm... the flavour is pretty awful for a magic card. I guess an Olympus based block would be pretty sweet, but highly unlikely. This card is too complex as well. I don't like it. C

bla11 wrote:
Ritual of Revenge
2BW
Sorcery - Rare
Lose 10 life
For every non token creature put in your graveyard this turn you gain 2 life.
Instead of paying Ritual of Revenge's mana cost you may gain control of a creature and sacrifice it.

So.... wait. Huh? what the.... Why would you ever actually cast it? I don't like how it's cost is taking a creature. This is overly complex, and tbh, not even that good. All the abilities don't even really tie in together. Very sloppy card. D

PantheismFTW wrote:
Blister RRRR

Sorcery - (M)

If an opponent was dealt 6 or more noncombat damage this turn, you may cast Blister without paying its mana cost.

Blister deals 5 damage to target creature or player.

"The lavamancers are sometimes called 'blistersmiths, and for good reason"

Burn is playable with just burn. To make a card that's only good if you play a million bolts... well that's just making burn better. And Burn is dumb. This card is dumb. D

ShamedShadow wrote:
Cleansing Trap 3WW

Instant - Trap [Rare]

If an opponent had three or more creatures enter the battlefield this turn, you may pay 0 rather than pay ~'s mana cost.

Destroy all creatures.

heh, it's already broken just being a 3WW instant wrath. The free part is just gravy. I think this thing is probably too overpowered. And it's not very innovative. It's just a cheaper Route. D

sc4rs wrote:
Firecrackler
X
Creature - Elemental - Rare
Firecrackler is red.
Spend only red mana on X.
Firecrackler enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters.
Firecrackler attacks each turn if able.
1/1

Neat, Vine Elemental. D

nikkeitea wrote:
Flying down

Istant - rare

1U

You may return a creature you control to it's owner hand rather than pay Flying down's mana cost, if you do, draw a card.

return target creature you dont control to it's owner hand.

- Don't do anything stupid, this is not the place that it seems to be-

Peel from reality for zero mana and it draws you a card. Too good, bad design. D-

pseudodespot wrote:
Squabbling Devil 2RR

Creature - Devil (uncommon)

You may have Squabbling Devil deal 4 damage to a creature you control instead of paying Squabbling Devil's mana cost.

Haste

4/2

The best way of getting a devil into your service is not wanting it at all.

Now THIS card is pretty sweet, very well designed. Playable on its own, conceivable to cast it with the alternate cost. Fucking amazing flavour. A+

Duodax wrote:
Enigma Insignium WUB

Instant - Trap MYTHIC RARE

If an opponent casted a spell this turn, you may exile your hand instead of paying Enigma Insignium's mana cost.
Search your library and exiled cards you own for a white Human card, a blue instant card or a black sorcery card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
This turn, creature cards in your hand have Flash and you may play sorceries anytime you could cast an instant.

Too complicated, bad flavour, dumb name. D

StarWolf wrote:
Advance the Struggle 3R
Sorcery

You may skip your next turn rather than pay ~'s mana cost.

Untap target creature. After this main phase, there is an additional combat phase, followed by an additional main phase.

Hrmmm.... Neat idea, but it seems really weak. No flavour either. C

Balaviaris wrote:
No Second Thoughts 3UU

Enchantment - Mythic Rare

Players may cast non-land cards without paying their mana costs, if they have the same name with a card on the battlefield or a graveyard.

-------

It can be cast for free if its the second copy Smile

LOL, 2nd copy is free, nice. This thing is probably too good. The fact that your opponent can do it too may make it fair, but having your opponent gain the benefit as its drawback is just dumb. Makes for very awkward unfun cards. So either it's balanced and unfun, or completely broken. Therefore... D

Balaviaris wrote:
No Second Thoughts 3UU

Enchantment - Mythic Rare

Players may cast non-land cards without paying their mana costs, if they have the same name with a card on the battlefield or a graveyard.

-------

It can be cast for free if its the second copy Smile

LOL, 2nd copy is free, nice. This thing is probably too good. The fact that your opponent can do it too may make it fair, but having your opponent gain the benefit as its drawback is just dumb. Makes for very awkward unfun cards. So either it's balanced and unfun, or completely broken. You should have just made it effect you and adjusted the casting cost as you saw fit. Therefore... D

CMA-Flippi wrote:
Phyrexian Bear - $$
Creature - Construct, Bear (common)
The perfect assimilation of nature's ownest.
-Vorinclex

2/2

Shouldn't this be an artifact creature? I'm assuming $ = G. I actually really like this card. It's pretty clever. A

archmage521 wrote:
insatiable autocrat
BB2-rare
creature-demon
you may remove 5 counters among permanents you control rather than pay insatiable autocrat's mana cost.
flying
remove a counter among permanents you control: insatiable autocrat gets +2+2 until end of turn.
remove a counter from among permanents you control: insatiable autocrat gains trample until end of turn.
6/2

Er.... Hrmmmm... I think 2BB for a 6/2 flyer with those abilities is... Probably.... I don't know. I have no idea. I keep thinking one of them is regenerate or indestructable for some reason. Got that 2BR 4/1 thing on my mind. I have no idea what to say. B

Stucco wrote:
Cadaver Blitz....................BG
Creature - Zombie.............U

You may exile a creature card from your graveyard rather than pay Cadaver Blitz's mana cost.

Haste

The undead are astonishingly quick when the right type of flesh is nearby.

2/3

Woah, awesome flavour. Fast zombies are scary. Very good card. A+

Canabiest wrote:
Coffin Exchange
XB
Sorcery
Rare

You may sacrifice a creature with power X instead of paying Coffin Exchange's mana cost.
Return target card with converted mana cost X or less from your graveyard to the battlefield.

This is a free sorcery speed flicker for zero mana at the worst. That's debatably broken, but the fact that you can get another permanent from your yard just makes this way too broken. And yes, you can target the creature you sacrifice. Google it if you don't believe me. This is way over the top powerful. D

JacobMatthew wrote:
Reckless Extortion - 3BB - Rare
Sorcery

You may reveal your hand and exile a nonland card of target opponent's choice instead of paying Reckless Extortion's mana cost.

Target opponent reveals his or her hand. Choose two nonland cards from it. That player exiles those cards.

YOWZA! LOL, that's awesome. I love it, I want to play with it, and it is way way way too overpowered. D

Scuta04 wrote:
Step In 1U

Instant - Uncommon

As an additional cost to play Step In, return a non-blue creature you control to its owners hand.

You may return a non-basic land you control to its owners hand Instead of paying Step In's mana cost.

Counter target spell. Exile Step In.

Er.... too complicated. D

Domine wrote:
Mongoose Infantry 1G

Creature - Mongoose Warrior

You may cast Mongoose Warrior without paying its mana cost if you casted a creature spell this turn

Shroud

Still faster than a cobra's bite

2/1

Too good. I mean... what are you thinking? Come on people, lets try to make the cards somewhat reasonable. D

doc_morriar wrote:
Void Riddance BBB
Instant Rare

if 5 or more cards were put into any graveyard this turn you may cast Void Riddance without paying its mana cost.

Remove any number of cards from any number of graveyards, creatures get -1 -1 for each different card type removed this way.

"Bane of Lhurgoyf"

Edit 1: mana cost

Too complex. It's too hard to even gauge the power level. BBB isn't that hard to cast for this instant Mutilate. What a dumb card. C

ck3gds wrote:
Titanic Deity 8RGW

Creature - Avatar (mythic rare)

Convoke (Each creature you tap while casting this spell reduces its cost by 1 or by one mana of that creature's color.)

Vigilance, trample, haste

When Titanic Deity enters the battlefield, untap all creatures that were tapped to cast it. They get +5/+5 and gain vigilance, trample and haste until end of turn.

"Devote yourself to me, and great powers you shall gain." - altar inscription

8/8

A+

Bairdsy wrote:

Yeah.... that's pretty neat I guess. Just a bad Everflowing chalice really. B-

thelemys wrote:

Img source: http://deligaris.deviantart.com/
Quote:
Nightmare's Bite BBBBBB
Instant (Rare)
Nightmare’s Bite costs B less to play for each spell casted by an opponent this turn.
Each player discards a card from his or her hand for each black mana used to cast Nightmare’s Bite, then you draw two cards and lose 2 life.
“Through the night we swam in a tangle of waking and sleeping. We were bitten, we got drowned.” - Complaint of victims

No idea if it's good or not. Cool art though. D

Omnom wrote:
Epiphany 2U

Sorcery (Uncommon)

Draw two cards.

Miracle - 0 (You may cast this card for its miracle cost when you draw it if it's the first card you drew this turn.)

Too good. D-

kumagmd wrote:
Tectonic Shift
3GG
Sorcery (uncommon)
You may sacrifice three land cards instead of paying Tectonic Shift's casting cost.
Search your library for up to two land cards and put them onto the battlefield tapped. Reshuffle your library afterwards.
"Squee waved a finger and the earth trembled and shifted. The feat would have been more impressive if Squee knew how he did it, instead of just trying to clean his finger after picking his nose."

Why is squee accidently casting a 5cc green sorcery? I don't even know what to say about this card. Is it playable? Is it balanced? Is it too good? Is it's casting cost too low? Too high? I have no idea. So... D

iSperia wrote:
Purity Avatar - W
Creature - Avatar (mythic rare)
Purity Avatar is white
Purity Avatar costs W less for each creature you control
Purity Avatar costs W more for each creature you don't control
When Purity Avatar enters the battlefield, destroy all other creatures. They can't be regenerated.
2/2

D-

DavidChaos wrote:
Fury of the Desperado--3BBB

Sorcery - Mythic Rare

You may sacrifice all but one creature you control instead of paying Fury of the Desperado's mana cost.

Target player sacrifices all but one creature.

((I know field wipes are not normally mythic rare, but this, as you can see, is a very powerful wipe for loner decks. Name comes from an idea for a Western setting, which seems suitable to black and red loners.))

uh.... ergh.... D-

Well, overall I was pretty dissappointed in the submissions. Lots of boring cards or widely over powered cards, or overly complex cards where the power level was too hard to gauge.

pseudodespot is the winner because his card is flavourful, simple, skill intensive, and powerful without being broken.
bla11

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

So.... wait. Huh? what the.... Why would you ever actually cast it? I don't like how it's cost is taking a creature. This is overly complex, and tbh, not even that good. All the abilities don't even really tie in together. Very sloppy card. D

Not even that good?
You may dislike it, no problem there, but the alternative casting cost is extremly good for the player playing it.
Rolling Eyes
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bla11 wrote:
Quote:

Not even that good?
You may dislike it, no problem there, but the alternative casting cost is extremly good for the player playing it.
Rolling Eyes

but it makes no sense at all
bla11

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Explain yourself. Why doesn't it make sense at all? As i said i've no problem with people not liking this cards but the card in itself makes sense.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krabik wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks this is all just let-my-friend-win-just-because-I-like-him contest? Pseudodespot's card was not bad, but damn, it was worse than nearly 80% of the others and he's winning? It's like that in almost every CaC...

It probably is a little like that but its only a bit of fun on the side so who cares.
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u're not the only one... but not specially in this cac, winner card is a good card and jacois a fair judge almost always.
StarWolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krabik wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks this is all just let-my-friend-win-just-because-I-like-him contest? Pseudodespot's card was not bad, but damn, it was worse than nearly 80% of the others and he's winning? It's like that in almost every CaC...

Well firstly I'm on Jacois's team, and I'm a fellow canadian, and he gave my card a C, when by your logic he should have given it an A+++. I liked Pseudodespot's card and I don't think you can justify saying it was worse than 80% of the cards here. I thought it was simple but also very original.
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krabik wrote:

Here we go again, I love when someone who can't design shit starts to spread some crazy conspiracy theories. Very Happy
Domine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Too good. I mean... what are you thinking? Come on people, lets try to make the cards somewhat reasonable

So... turn one drop, sacrifice it and get a 4/2 HASTE creature in turn one is just fine, but not a 2/1 shroud just because let's you keep your creature.

Turn one: Birds, 4 damage to it, play a 4/2 haste, attack

Turn one: Birds and free 2/1 shroud creature

They are plays of similar power, probably the first is better, but mine's too powerful, It's ok if you don't like it, but don't say it's just too good when you give the win to a card of similar power, I think Pseudodespot is really good and deserve to win, but there's not so much diference in power.
Fanboy1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Domine wrote:
Quote:
Too good. I mean... what are you thinking? Come on people, lets try to make the cards somewhat reasonable

So... turn one drop, sacrifice it and get a 4/2 HASTE creature in turn one is just fine, but not a 2/1 shroud just because let's you keep your creature.

Turn one: Birds, 4 damage to it, play a 4/2 haste, attack

Turn one: Birds and free 2/1 shroud creature

They are plays of similar power, probably the first is better, but mine's too powerful, It's ok if you don't like it, but don't say it's just too good when you give the win to a card of similar power, I think Pseudodespot is really good and deserve to win, but there's not so much diference in power.

I personally think that every card with Shroud should get an F because it is the worst mechanic ever.

But in terms of power level, yeah, it does not seem broken when you look at Gravecrawler, Strangleroot or Invisible Stalker.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you read my card before judging it with a comment like:
" no idea if it's good or not. Cool art though "?

Last edited by Thelemys on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
GunsAndDope

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This usually happens when Jacois judges.
Thelemys

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he did. What I want to understand is why he can t say anything else.
Fanboy1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelemys wrote:
I know he did. What I want to understand is why he can t say anything else.

Your card is too odd to ever get printed I think. He said in the end "or overly complex cards where the power level was too hard to gauge". I think that describes the major flaw of your card.
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we call this Futterneid.

May the one who cries the loudest run the next contest.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2