Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4c Midrangefritesangeltuskjank

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Iso1nano

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: 4c Midrangefritesangeltuskjank Reply with quote

why not make a deck that has all the best win conditions atm and see what happens Smile

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [RTR] Overgrown Tomb
3 [M12] Sunpetal Grove
2 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
3 [ISD] Clifftop Retreat
2 [ISD] Woodland Cemetery
4 [RAV] Temple Garden
3 [M10] Rootbound Crag
2 [RTR] Blood Crypt

// Creatures
1 [RTR] Angel of Serenity
3 [REL] Restoration Angel
1 [AVR] Zealous Conscripts
1 [AVR] Griselbrand
3 [DKA] Huntmaster of the Fells/Ravager of the Fells
4 [M13] Thragtusk
1 [RTR] Armada Wurm
1 [AVR] Gisela, Blade of Goldnight
2 [M13] Disciple of Bolas
1 [DKA] Mikaeus, the Unhallowed
1 [ISD] Olivia Voldaren

// Spells
3 [RTR] Grisly Salvage
4 [ISD] Unburial Rites
4 [RAV] Farseek
3 [DKA] Faithless Looting
1 [RTR] Jarad's Orders
3 [RTR] Chromatic Lantern

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [ISD] Olivia Voldaren
SB: 3 [RTR] Abrupt Decay
SB: 3 [ARC] Oblivion Ring
SB: 1 [10E] Pithing Needle
SB: 4 [AVR] Pillar of Flame
SB: 1 [M13] Elderscale Wurm
SB: 1 [ISD] Tree of Redemption
SB: 1 [AVR] Sigarda, Host of Herons

i might make room for 1 more disciple md but so far testing has gone great Smile let me know what you think.
Duodax

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 looting 3 salvage only - > learn to build it properly
Hint: good cards are to be played four times in a deck so you draw them more often.
Iso1nano

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well its more of a ramp deck than anything tbh the reanimate part is late game and sometimes early but your usually turns 3-4 is huntmaster into thrag into any threat will win games. This deck is more of a ramp deck than anything that runs random threats that certain decks cant deal with like mikaeus for humans and olivia for zombies. rites is in there to help grind games out that you normally wouldn't be able to win g2 u can side out grisly and looting for midgame action but i find myself liking looting to get rid of lands for more threats or just digging for that land i need.

Anyways thanks for the help Smile

sooo i went -1 rites for an additional disciple of bolas

reasoning is bolas vrs any thing but control is amazing the 5 life gain from sacing any threats is amazing but then to draw more threats usually means game over. I want to add another angel of serenity and restoration angel but probally wont griselbrand might get removed for the angel and maybe 3x thrag but idk yet will let u know if further testing.
Iso1nano

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [RTR] Overgrown Tomb
3 [M12] Sunpetal Grove
2 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
3 [ISD] Clifftop Retreat
2 [ISD] Woodland Cemetery
4 [RAV] Temple Garden
3 [M10] Rootbound Crag
2 [RTR] Blood Crypt

// Creatures
1 [RTR] Angel of Serenity
4 [REL] Restoration Angel
1 [AVR] Zealous Conscripts
1 [AVR] Griselbrand
3 [DKA] Huntmaster of the Fells/Ravager of the Fells
4 [M13] Thragtusk
1 [RTR] Armada Wurm
1 [AVR] Gisela, Blade of Goldnight
2 [M13] Disciple of Bolas
1 [DKA] Mikaeus, the Unhallowed
1 [ISD] Olivia Voldaren

// Spells
4 [RTR] Grisly Salvage
4 [ISD] Unburial Rites
4 [RAV] Farseek
3 [DKA] Faithless Looting
3 [RTR] Chromatic Lantern

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [ISD] Olivia Voldaren
SB: 3 [RTR] Abrupt Decay
SB: 3 [ARC] Oblivion Ring
SB: 4 [AVR] Pillar of Flame
SB: 1 [ISD] Tree of Redemption
SB: 1 [AVR] Sigarda, Host of Herons
SB: 2 [RTR] Dreadbore

Testing this out main changes are sb and getting rid of jarads order and 1 bolas id rather have an angel than the bolas he feels more win more card where angel saves games. Jarad is great vrs control but is to slow for the deck might put in sb for 1 oblivion ring idk yet though keep testing Smile
pg8

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duodax wrote:
3 looting 3 salvage only - > learn to build it properly
Hint: good cards are to be played four times in a deck so you draw them more often.

No.
Iso1nano

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pg8 agreed

IF this was 4cc frites

Id b playing

4xmulch
4xrites
4xsalage
4xlooting

This deck plays like a ramp deck but has a rites package its kinda interesting tbh and my threats are bigger than most out there. So far tested against uwr control 5 times 5-0 zombie variants 3-2 lost to the red variant added sb to kinda help vrs that mu u side ur frites package out for all your removal. Humans mu 3-1 lost to a GW build do to bad mana g2 and 3 idk i like the deck so far.....
struikje

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 unburial rites is to much if you don't want to be a full on frites deck.
I'm no fan of Undead Mikaeus or Gisela (maybe put em in the sideboard), I'd just play way more angels of serenity (less restoration perhaps), the card is just awesome to restock on huntmaster/thragtusk/...

Why not play either frites or Jund? Consistency is probably what this deck will lack (waaay to many 1 offs/ not great mana).
Iso1nano

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mana base works fine with laterns and farseek as far as reliability rites can get cut down to 3 mikaeus can be moved to sb but his synergy with bolas is pretty nice i suppose though angel is better in most situations gisela is a win more but is so nice in mirror so ill test those out. I might add another olivia just because she pwns Smile the 1 of's are angel zealous griselbrand armada wurm and gisela and mikaeus 2 of the 5 are targeted by restoration angel and the other 2 are major beat sticks that win games by themselfs zealous and grisel i really think should only be a one slot in this deck 2-3x if i was playing full rites which im not.

The idea to this deck is to just gain alot of life with thrag disciple of bolas and restoration shenanigans often using rites to get thrag out of the grave until you have a big threat to win the game.

The one ofs are a meta call on my part and can be changed to diff cards at anytime but i do agree i should be playing 2-3x angel of serenity. 4x restoration is the right number hitting a total of 12 targets. g1 your usually relying on the frites package to just plow down opponents g2 depending on deck you side out your frites and put in your removal while they side in their frites hate so often or not they may mull to a non exceptional hand just for the graveyard hate. if not they have dead cards in hand Smile
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1