Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CAC 156

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Mizukage

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: CAC 156 Reply with quote

Thanks to pseudodespot for choosing my card. As you pointed out, I failed to edit out all the remnants of my first entry Necromonger that basically does the same thing but is multicolored.

Is it just me or did every set keyword after Cascade suck(Constructed-wise, cuz Annihilate was super fun in limited). So in order to vent out my frustrations over brewing Golgari decks that, as one of my MWSPlay opponents pointed out, "does absolutely nothing" (curse you Jarad and curse you Scavenge), we shall have a T2 centered CAC.

The challenge is, either:

1. Create a card that shall be the poster boy for one of the keywords coming out of Gatecrash. (You get to create the keyword, just make it constructed-viable)

or

2. Create a card that would push Populate, Scavenge or Unleash over the top for constructed.

Judging in 48 hrs. Have fun.

Edit: Bonus points for making a card that pushes Detain over the top for constructed. *scoffs*

Last edited by Mizukage on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
sc4rs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lust For Power
2BB
Sorcery - Rare
Draw X cards and gain X life, where X is equal to the number of +1/+1 counters on permanents you control.
"I surround myself with only the strongest; they alone are fit to counsel me." -Sorin Markov
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golgari Gravedancer GB

Creature - Zombie Wizard [Uncommon]

Discard this card: Return a creature you own from exile to your graveyard.

Scavenge GB

2/1

Last edited by ShamedShadow on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jacois

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cost of Living 1WWG
Sorcery *Rare*
Each creature deals damage to itself equal to its converted mana cost.
"What is your worth? Will it buy you your salvation in the end?" -Trostoni
Domine

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aquamorph 1G/U

Mutation (Whenever this creature dies, search your library for a creature card with equal converted mana cost and diferent name than this creature and put it into the battlefield. Shuffle your library)

2/2

Uncommon

Last edited by Domine on Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Magellan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KnowN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azorius Whisperer - WU
Creature - Wizard (Mythic)

Whenever a creature an opponent controls becomes detained, you may put a Sleep Counter on it.
Creatures with sleep counters do not untap during their controllers untap step.
Other Creatures you control get +1/+1 for each tapped creature your opponents control.

2/2

The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep.

Last edited by KnowN on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
axman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suicidal Surger 1{B/R}{B/R}
Creature -- Gobin (rare)
Haste, Unleash.
Remove a +1/+1 counter from a creature you control: Untap target creature you control. Until the end of turn that creature gains +2/+2. At the end of your turn sacrifice that creature.
2/2
"The Rakdos were never renown for their defensive strategies; rather, their keen ability to conjure mass graves out of thin air. "
kumagmd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overwhelming Ferocity
1G
Enchantment (Rare)
Triggered abilities you control trigger twice instead.
(you may choose different targets for the second trigger)
"Their feral nature overcomes them. It is their weakness. Then again... it does not necessarily lessen their strength..."

- you asked for over the top? THIS is over the top. Everything you control triggers twice! Twice the populate. Twice the unleash. Twice the enter-the-battlefield triggers! Overwhelm them all! (I'm only sorry I couldn't somehow squeeze Squee into the card.)
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zameck Guildmage UG

Creature - Merfolk Shaman Uncommon

UG: Target creature gains hexproof until the end of turn.

2UG: Fission a creature you control (Sacrifice it, then search your library for two creature cards with combined converted mana cost equal to the sacrificed creature's converted mana cost, put those cards onto the battlefield, then shuffle your library.)

2/2

Last edited by Balaviaris on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orzhov Bishop 1WB

Creature - Human Zealot - Rare

First strike, Deathtouch

When Orzhov Bishop enters the battlefield, target opponent exiles a card from his or her hand.

Syndicated (When a creature with Syndicated deals combat damage to a player that player loses X life and you gain X life, where X is equal to the number of creatures you control with Syndicated)

2/2

"The debt is diamonds or souls and I see you are bereft of diamonds..." - Orzhov Bishop

Last edited by AxiomBlurr on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
iSperia
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Experimental Bug - U/G
Creature - Insect (rare)
Evolution - 6 (At the beginning of your upkeep, you may reveal the top card of your library. If that card is creature with converted mana cost 6, you may put that card on the battlefield. If you do, put Experimental Bug on the bottom of your library)
1/1
bla11

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: CAC 156 Reply with quote

Mizukage wrote:

Edit: Bonus points for making a card that pushes Detain over the top for constructed. *scoffs*

Well that's easy, something like:

Final Verdict
WU
Enchantment
Legendary
All creatures get:
0:Regenerate. Regeneration doesn't tap this creature. Can't be used more than once each turn and only during their controllers turn.

Destroy all creatures at the beginning of their controllers upkeep

And then he judged the judges and those lazy and unwilling to do anything got their final verdict.
Mythic
Thelemys

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: CAC 156 Reply with quote

Mizukage wrote:
2. Create a card that would push Populate, Scavenge or Unleash over the top for constructed.

My card pushes Unleash, you can use Scavenge too (or Undying) in a Jund deck.

Quote:
Bloody Altar 1BR
Enchantment - Rare
Whenever a creature you control leaves the battlefield, it deals damage equal to the number of +1/+1 counters on it to target creature or player.
New blood will fuel my task, splashes break through my mask. A thought beats up my mind: why choosing me? Iím blind! You made me, but you found that I am your final count...
Canabiest

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prahv Headsman
2W
Creature - Human Soldier
Rare

When Prahv Headsman enters the battlefield, detain target creature an opponent controls.

{W/U}: Destroy target detained creature.

2/3
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2