Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card 152 Judged!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic

How did you like the judging?
Worst judge ever!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
F*** you and f*** your stupid cookies!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not bad as Jacois!
61%
 61%  [ 8 ]
OMG judge faster noob!
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
You are my interwebz hero!
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
I prefer to wait for weeks and then not get juged at all!
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
I prefer random nubers!
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

ikazuchi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Create a Card 152 Judged! Reply with quote

pseudodespot takes the cake (if you are naive enough to believe there is one ) others can have the crumbs.

2nd: Mr_Weebles (so if pesudodespot don't wanna or forgets to open new topic feel free to do it)

blitzer2k7 wrote:
Overloaded Senses 2RR

Instant (Rare)

Copy target spell. You may choose new targets for the copy. If the copied spell would deal damage, it deals double that damage instead.
If the copied spell would gain control of a creature until of turn, you gain control of that creature instead (the effect doesn't end at end of turn).

"War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength."

Interesting card, since you can copy all types of spells but it's worded quite messy. Way this is written I think the other two effects would affect the original spell and not copy. All in all I think card is confusing. As for flavor I love the flavor text, fits nicely with effects. Name on the other hand I don't like.
SCORE: Smile Cool Surprised Shocked Idea Question

GreenBear wrote:
Spell Steal 1UUB

Instant Rare

Return target spell on the stack, to its owners hand, you may then look at the owner of the returned spells hand and choose an instant or sorcery card with converted mana cost 3 or less you may cast that spell for free.

'Tampering with cosmic forces is always dangerous, even for the most experienced magi.'

First thing I noticed about this card is it's really bad wording. Effect isn't totally new but a interesting mix of some rare effects. WotC should print more cards that bounce spells. Name fits well even though, it's bit generic and I don't think that flavor text fits that well.
SCORE: Smile Cool Surprised Question

sc4rs wrote:
Rhythmic Negation
2UU
Legendary Enchantment - Mythic Rare
Whenever another ability is triggered, counter it unless its controller pays 1.
"You are so predictable." -Teferi, Disruptive Student

I liked this idea because it allows you to allow negative triggered abilities to be countered, letting you do things like cheat Phage the Untouchable into play without losing, etc.

Beautiful simple design. I think WotC would print this as "Whenever another ability triggers..." but it's fine this way too. I would love to see what kind decks would this card spawn. Overall flavor is fine, bit predictable for blue.
SCORE: Smile Cool Surprised Shocked Idea

Magellan wrote:

I don't like how you design this card flavor wise . Instead of affinity it would be much nicer if it cost less for each spell not just yours. I don't see why would you ever want to cast this as creature, I don't get it why is this creature at all. Great idea but bad card.
SCORE: Evil or Very Mad Surprised Shocked

Canabiest wrote:
Tidal Prophet
1U
Creature - Vedalken Wizard
Rare

Whenever an ability triggers at the beginning of your upkeep, you may pay {2}. If you do, copy that ability. Otherwise, you may counter that ability.

1/3

On a world with five moons it takes magic to predict when the tide rolls in.

(Flavored for Mirrodin if the five Moons did not give it away)

Great card, nice effect and flavor fits perfectly. I'm not really sure that this wording is 100% correct. "Whenever another ability triggers during your upkeep..." would overall do what you wanted to do and would be correct. Since I'm not sure if there is really a mistake in your wording you won't get negative points.
SCORE: Smile Cool Twisted Evil Surprised Shocked Idea

axman wrote:

Simple card, but flavor wise if it exile itself I think it should exile other cards too. Other thing I don't like is that nothingness feels more colorless, eldrazi or even black, but not blue. Flavor text is funny and I love it but that art, you should really find something better it doesn't look like mtg art to me. You have too many Us on this card, would be fine with 1UU and 1UU. And where is rarity?
SCORE: Smile Cool Surprised Exclamation

judas_bcn wrote:
judas_bcn wrote:
Master of singularity........UU
creature - human wizard (uncommon)
hexproof

Spells and abilities on the stack are legendary (if there are two or more copies of the same spell or ability in the stack counter all of them)

2/2

Use it wisely: you may not use it again.

bye bye storm; no multiple spellskite activation; you got two titans? sorry; harder counterspell fights... etc, etc...[/url]

i couldn't edit my previous message, no changes to the card, just the image

You had a better chances to win before you added image.
Recycling art and poorly editing it didn't help you at all.
I like the ability, it's great and unique but that is why this should be rare and not uncommon. Flavor is perfect, I have no complains about it at all.
SCORE: Smile Cool Twisted Evil Surprised Shocked Idea

StarWolf wrote:
Switcheroonie 1U
Instant
Exile target spell you control and target spell you don't control. Then each of those spell's controller's puts a copy of the spell they didn't control on the stack. Those players may choose new targets for the copies.

Intresting card, but give me flavor and give me rarity and then I'll give you cookies.
SCORE: Surprised Shocked Idea No cookies for you, just milk.

GunsAndDope wrote:
Temple of Nullification - GGG
Enchantment (Mythic)

Spells and abilities cannot be placed on the stack.

If you take combat damage, sacrifice Temple of Nullification.

What does this temple do I don't really know. Does is say "Players can't cast spell and activate abilities" or maybe "Spells and abilities you control have Split Second". First thing would be quite broken, while second is interesting and could see print. Temple feels more like land or artifact and card demand some flavor text. Second line is flavorful but worded bad. GGG why GGG? hate that part the most
SCORE: Smile Cool Surprised Shocked fixed version of this card could win

bla11 wrote:
D29C 3
Artifact Creature - Blueprint
Comes into play tapped.
Doesn't untap during upkeep.
Tap: Copy target spell or ability on stack. You may chose new targets for the copy.
0/3
Rare

What is it with you and your blueprints? Who do you think you are, Urza, Mishra, Venser? No, I don't think you are. And what is that name, R2D2's brother maybe, mother or maybe lover? Guess we'll never fine out without flavor text.
SCORE: C3M2

Mizukage wrote:
Final Justice | 2WUUB

Instant (Mythic)

End the turn.

Each player skips the combat phase of his next turn.

Buyback {1}, pay 5 life.

You will learn, young one, that a mage's true power is the ability to just say no.

wuub, wuub, wuub, nothing new to see here move on to the next card...
SCORE: NO!

Mr_Weebles wrote:
Mystical Might - G
Instant (Uncommon)

As long as Mystical Might is on the stack, spells cost 3 less to cast.

Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.

"Now! Do it now!"

This card is really mystical, yet I think I understand it. It does things we never seen before. Double edge sword that can cut your throat and leave you twitching in the gutter or piece that will let you execute devastating combo that will blow away opponents face.
Score: Smile Cool Twisted Evil Surprised Shocked Idea Do you have the balls man? I bet you do.

Jacois wrote:

They know how to party in Gruul! But what if there are two of this abomination, one on each tree and they see spark of golden rolex?
Both monkeys want it, both monkeys can get it for free, fray would last for eons... and eons.
SCORE: In endless fray of mindless monkeys there is no need for watch.

CMA-Flippi wrote:
Render - 1UU
Instant (Common)
Exile target spell.
"What you are attempting is not against the law. It is, however, extremely foolish."

There is small chance this would see print. What is point if "can't be countered" spells if they print this at same price as Cancel? Maybe at rare or mythic but no chance at common. I love the flavor, it fits the card nicely. Funny that some blue fools dreamed that they would print this in RTR at UU or WU.
SCORE: Exclamation Smile Cool Twisted Evil

Kaesh wrote:
Arcane Ignition
1UUR
Instant
Rare
Counter target spell. Arcane Ignition deals damage equal to that spell's converted mana cost to target creature or player.
The labs at Nivix are spaced as far away from each other as possible, but a lot of the time that isn't enough.

Better Parallectric Feedback and counter spell for 1UUR? Sure, in Niv-Mizzet's wet dreams.
SCORE: Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

thelemys wrote:

Haters gonna hate. Without your hate you are just little 2/1 for 1R.
This is what red needs and what will red rearly get because WotC hates everything that is not blue.
SCORE: Judging this weekend. Good luck and have fun!
Wink

Stucco wrote:
Goblin Spellshifter..........1UR
Creature - Goblin............U

Sacrifice Goblin Spellshifter: Copy an instant or sorcery spell at random. You may choose new targets for the copy.

"Well, training goblins was a miserable idea. What's next?" - Barrin

2/2

This is something WotC would print, fits perfectly in Izzet but that is the problem, it does what we saw so many times in UR. Flavor is perfect and you get extra points for that.
SCORE: Smile Cool Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Surprised

AxiomBlurr wrote:
Flames of Xith Rath 1R

Instant - Uncommon

Fizzle target spell (If a spell is fizzled it is exiled. When that spell's controller casts another spell that player may cast all cards in exile that were fizzled without paying their mana cost).

Flames of Xith Rath deals 2 damage to target creature or player.

Xith Rath's hatred for interfering mages rages on at a frightful tempo.

Multiple edits for better wording...

Quote:
Multiple edits for better wording...
Yet I still don't get it. Did you try do make something like this:
"Fizzle (Exile target spell. When it's owner cast another spell he or she may cast it without paying its mana cost)" ?
That would be interesting, something like conditional Delay.
You get bag of kudos for flavor
SCORE: Surprised Shocked Idea great potential lost in confusion Question Smile Cool Twisted Evil and cookie

LuckyDucky wrote:
Grand Duplication - UUUU
Instant - MR
Copy every spell on the stack. (You may choose new targets for the copies or if the spell is a permanent spell, put a token into play that is a copy of the permanent the spell would create.)
It's as if a new world was created...

Dude you are such a xerox!
Too mUUUUch! Definitely mythic, you got that right. But it copies itself into infinity. "Copy all other spells" would be correct wording.
SCORE: Surprised Shocked Smile Cool Question Exclamation

ShamedShadow wrote:
Vehement Denial - 1UU

Instant [Common]

If there are three or more spells on the stack, ~ has Split Second.

Counter up to two target spells unless their controller pays 1.

Enough is enough! I have had it with these mother****ing spells on this mother****ing stack! (appropriate flavor text? )
Wise use of Split Second you get kudos for that but other than that card is generic blue.
SCORE: Surprised :shock:you get cookie too

Domine wrote:
Landmancer 1G

Creature - Human Wizard

Treat spells as tough they were lands (they don't use the stack, they are not considered as "casted" and can only be played any time you could play a land)

Spells are a part of nature, just like a tree, a river, or a rock, most mages have forgotten this and prefer to cast them from books, I go to the root of magic: Nature itself.

2/1

Rare

This would slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow games down epicly. Great design appropriate flavor text, awful name. Doesn't really do what I asked for, it change how you treat spells but there is no interaction with stack.
SCORE: Surprised Shocked Idea Smile Cool Arrow

kumagmd wrote:
Shush
GG
Enchantment - Uncommon
Sacrifice Shush: Exile target spell. Activate this ability only when you or a spell or permanent you control is the target of a spell or ability.
"The Vexing Shusher left more than her bad breath behind."

Don't you shush me! Shush doesn't sounds like enchantment, maybe Seal of Shush or Shushing Rune but Shush alone sounds like instant to me. Second thing that doesn't fit is that you can activate this when things are targeted by ability but it does not counter ability. Great flavor text, great over flavor.
SCORE: Surprised Shocked Smile Cool Twisted Evil Question

judas_bcn wrote:
BIRDYYY wrote:
Lightning Strike. (Common)

(R) Instant,

Lightning Strike deals 2 damage to target creature or player, if there is another red spell on the stack Lightning Strike deals 4 damage instead.

sexy and printable

Word up! Neat idea, flawless execution. This could win if only you put more effort in flavor.
SCORE: Smile Surprised Shocked Idea Idea

ck3gds wrote:
Arcana Constrictor GGUU

Creature - Snake (rare)

Flash

When Arcana Constrictor enters the battlefield, you may exile target spell, activated ability, or triggered ability. (Mana abilities can't be targeted.)

The shaman felt the slimy sensation of power flowing up his legs, felt his chest tighten, then felt no more.

1/1

Great card. I always loved Mystic Snake and this looks like evolved version of it. I'm not really sure that you can exile ability, don't think we ever had that before and don't think we will doesn't much sense since there is nothing to exile. Flavor is fine. Only thing that irritates me is heavy color requirement.
SCORE: Smile Cool Twisted Evil Surprised Shocked

Bairdsy wrote:
moscowdemon wrote:
THESE ARE ALL SO WORDY Sad except for sc4rs, I like his Very Happy Just he has a bit of word changing he can do to make it cleaner Very Happy

Agreed, so I went the simple route.

"Counter all other spells" is the wording WotC use. Don't like how you edited stolen art. That flavor text is reason why I started to hate blue color and control. This should be rare.
SCORE: Smile Cool Surprised Shocked

pseudodespot wrote:

Legendary Creature - Avatar (mythic)

Other non-land permanents are legendary.

Permanents, spells and abilities can't be copied.

As long as a white spell is on the stack, players can't cast white spells. The same is true for each other color.

6/6

Not again!

I think this wins. It doesn't really interacts with stuffs on stack but has a huge impact on it. Overall flavor is perfect I just wish you put "There can be only one!" as flavor text.
SCORE: Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Idea Idea Arrow and bag of brownies for you sir.

Duodax wrote:
mr weebles is PRO.

entry coming soon i hope... will be edited

No brownies for you sir.

thelemys wrote:
Time to judge?

Patience, young one.

Balaviaris wrote:
Posting anyway... Smile

Manaboros 1UUR

Legendary Creature - Elemental

Flash, Split Second.

When Manaboros enters the battlefield, exile all spells. Manaboros deals X damage to target creature or player and enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters, where X is the number of spells exiled this way.

0/0

"Really? In which universe this isn't broken?" is what said when I first read this card. After I read it again(more carefully and sober this time ) I noticed that X is not converted mana cost of counterd spells (that would be insane) but number. But even with that difference this is too strong. Thing I love the most about this card is its name, it reminds me a lot of Ouroboros. But I don't know if you got your inspiration from that since it's not snake but lame elemental. The way this is worded I guess it would exile itself .
This should be Mythic but you didn't put that so no cookies for you.
SCORE: Smile Cool Surprised Shocked Exclamation Question

Last edited by ikazuchi on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:34 am; edited 3 times in total
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"boros" means eater in greek. Ouroboros is the snake that eats its tail, representing an endless cycle. This guy, eats spells, hence its name. I wouldn't think of it as too broken, its just "a bit" (depending on the spells eaten) better than overloaded counterflux. Mostly it will be an overcosted counterspell that leaves a 1/1 body and deals 1 damage Smile . Sorry for not putting rarity, of course it would be mythic (flavorwise). Also gets negated by torpor orb etc.

Also, when it enters the battlefield it is no longer a spell Smile .
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balaviaris wrote:
"boros" means eater in greek. Ouroboros is the snake that eats its tail, representing an endless cycle. This guy, eats spells, hence its name. I wouldn't think of it as too broken, its just "a bit" (depending on the spells eaten) better than overloaded counterflux. Mostly it will be an overcosted counterspell that leaves a 1/1 body and deals 1 damage Smile . Sorry for not putting rarity, of course it would be mythic (flavorwise). Also gets negated by torpor orb etc.

Also, when it enters the battlefield it is no longer a spell Smile .

Sorry about that. After a long night my head is gonna explode so my concentration isn't that good. Very Happy
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so the winner is? (i didn't even know that was stolen art, which card did i steal?)
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timebender

Last edited by ikazuchi on Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Fanboy1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

next time less smilies and name a winner. the judging itself was good.
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did name a winner, his name is first word in my post. Very Happy
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i won't be adding images any more... winner card is a pseudocopy of mine and i have the impression the art made me lose.
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cancel is also just a pseudocopy of counterspell.

Go ahead if you are so desperately wanting to run a contest....
The thing is, your card does not do much aside from hosing storm and having hexproof for no reason. How often are two spells with the same name on the stack?

Edit: Before i forget it, to credit yourself for a picture you haven't drawn is just a no-go.

Last edited by pseudodespot on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

judas_bcn wrote:
i won't be adding images any more... winner card is a pseudocopy of mine and i have the impression the art made me lose.

Well some people prefer image, others don't. Like I said, if cards looks really good and the art is related to effect I would give you bonus points but your cards looks quite bad and that wizard could be doing anything, nothing about him gives me impression that he is master of singularity

@pseudodespot: Don't forget that you won, great things are expected from you. For start opening new topic Wink
pg8

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted "Not as bad as Jacois" before even reading the judging.
Jacois

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pg8 wrote:
I voted "Not as bad as Jacois" before even reading the judging.

Sad
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pseudodespot wrote:
Cancel is also just a pseudocopy of counterspell.

Go ahead if you are so desperately wanting to run a contest....
The thing is, your card does not do much aside from hosing storm and having hexproof for no reason. How often are two spells with the same name on the stack?

Edit: Before i forget it, to credit yourself for a picture you haven't drawn is just a no-go.

no i'm not. and i'm not whining neither. as you pointed, there are several similar cards and some are better than others, just as yours may be or at least it liked more to the judge, so you have a fair victory. foil is similar to fow but we all know there's not possible comparison. but i said that just because the judge said the image substracted points to my card, which is ok to me. peace man.
Magellan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
don't get it why is this creature at all. Great idea but bad card.

VS legacy or modern storm deck.
Is an istant WU card that kill your opponent in response at combo.
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magellan wrote:
Quote:
don't get it why is this creature at all. Great idea but bad card.

VS legacy or modern storm deck.
Is an istant WU card that kill your opponent in response at combo.

What? In legacy and modern there are so many better cards that hates storm, this even doesn't get cheaper when your opponent execute combo because its get cheaper from your spells. and it's not WU it's UR spell and how is any of this reason for it to be a creature?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2