Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post RTR Red Deck Wins

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
StarWolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nivmagus Elemental and Furor of the Bitten will just give you huge card disadvantage for very little benefit. I'm also not a fan of dangerous wager or searing spear. I'd consider playing Gore-House Chainwalker and maybe reckless waif, stromkirk noble, hellrider, etc... there are a lot of much better cards your deck could use.
pg8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Post RTR Red Deck Wins Reply with quote

sergitknight wrote:
Vexing Devil, Ash Zealot, and Rakdos Cackler are quick effect creatures that are made to deal damage and are expected to attack every turn.

I wouldn't expect Vexing Devil to ever attack anything at all. Stromkirk Noble is so much better.
magicman85

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks really bad to me. there is no reason for you to limit yourself to only red with that deck. Ash Zealot looks pretty bad, maybe use it for sideboard against a snapcaster deck?
BIRDYYY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad format to be playing this in...to many thragtusks...=/
hett

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Testing things and such, Red should splash any of the other colors. I wouldn't worry to much about thragtusk because your counter to him is guttersnipe ( a searing spear with snipe cancels out the thragtusk.) With the nuts draw this deck can win turn 4 on the back of snipe and I think he is the focal point of the deck. ( Not saying the deck is build around him, just saying he is your power play on 3 where zombies has messenger etc etc.) Maybe izzet is the way to go right now, because it gives you counter spells for things like thrag tusk, as well as access to all of the burn toys that red has.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A spear and guttersnipe may deal 5 damage, thus negate the 5 life gain from Thragtusk. But it doesn't deal with the 5/3 beat stick, nor does it deal with the 3/3 it leaves behind after you manage to deal with it. Then there is also Restoration Angel + Thragtusk just shutting you out no matter what you do. Not to mention Centaur Healer being a 3/3 beat stick giving 3 life is adding insult to injury. RDW is not a good choice in this format. It probrably won't be at all while Thrag+Angel are around. A turn 3 Healer, turn 4 Angel (Target healer), turn 5 Thragtusk negates any possibility of winning with aggro. Ever.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1