Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bant Mid-Range

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Bant Mid-Range Reply with quote

Why not get ahead of the game (because we all know new sets means Aggro then Mid-range then Control then Mid-range designed to beat Control again.) and start with Mid-Range?

Creatures
4 Loxodon Smiter
4 Geist of Saint Traft
4 Snapcaster Mage
2 Wolfir Avenger
3 Avacyn's Pilgrim
3 Precinct Captain

Sorceries/Instants
4 Selesnya Charm
2 Azorius Charm
3 Call of the Conclave
2 Supreme Verdict

Enchantments
4 Detention Sphere
2 Oblivion Ring

Land
4 Temple Garden
4 Hallowed Fountain
4 Sunpetal Grove
4 Hinterland Harbor
4 Glacial Fortress
1 Forest
1 Island
1 Plains

Sideboard
2 Sundering Growth
2 Pithing Needle
2 Dryad Militant
3 Heroes' Reunion
3 Soul Tithe
2 Thragtusk
1 Oblivion Ring

Criticism welcome and appreciated. I'm thinking Selesnya Charm gives it an early advantage against Control, especially in the late game. Syncopate functions in a very similar way to Mana Leak, but it's not nearly as good so it's only a two of to be easy to side out.

Heroes' Reunion just destroys the aggro matchup, and Pithing Needle turns off Scavenge. Soul Tithe can be multiple Time Walks in a row if played correctly.

Last edited by ShamedShadow on Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
LuckyDucky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about supreme verdict
fierybolt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think avacyn's pilgrim its compulsory in a bant i would leave out syncopate and maybe a wolfir avenger the rest is very correct
ShamedShadow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've revised it to include the suggested changes. I'm not entirely sure cutting Wolfir Avenger completely for a third mainboard Supreme Verdict and fourth mainboard Avacyn's Pilgrim is a bad move, but I have yet to play the deck yet so it's hard to say for sure what works better.

Also, I revised the sideboard to include Thragtusk, because Thragtusk.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your going to play pilgrim which you should (2nd turn gesit is awesome), you need far more lands that can produce green turn 1, you currently have 5, you need a minimum of 10.
Duodax

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*plays GW without Angeltusk* *always loses to it*
*plays captain without rancor and silverblade*
JeZeus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigarda??? It seems like the format has very few answers to a resolved Sigarda. May want to keep that in mind.AngelTusk is VERY strong as well. I wouldn't use snapcaster or captain in this deck what so ever, I would also cut your instants and sorceries down to a minimum. With three colors you should focus on dropping threats your opponents cannot deal with. I would consider a small ramp package? Like 4 pilgrim and 3-4 uhmmm im drawing a blank here but its the replacement for Rampant growth, that will allow you to nab your shock lands and drop your end threats much sooner.
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with those statements ssaying this is a mix of aggro and midrange but not excelling in neither of both styles. to sum up: either choose angeltusk or captain-conclave.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1