Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Epic pulls

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Lothorius

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Epic pulls Reply with quote

well on a first note my daughter was born yesterday at 8:21am yay

but more to the topic the other day we were discussing epic pulls from boosters and how my wife had the magic touch

while we were chillin in the hospital today i ran to the store and grabbed 3 packs of AVR to surprise the wife she opened 2 and i opened 1 I pull revenge of the hunted she pulls entreat the angels and cavern of souls...

she is opening everything from now on
Duodax

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no foil bonfire-> NOBODY CARES
StarWolf

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the revenge of the hunted isn't bad to open. More importantly though, grats on the newborn.

On another note: I'm surprised anyone buys packs just to open them! I always wait until I have a multiple of 12 and do sealed with a friend (there are other formats too that involve less packs but I forget their names). Moreover I find that buying packs is so not worth it when you can preorder boxes for an average price of less than 3 dollars per pack. Just a thought, not trying to tell you how to have fun :)
magicman85

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Starwolf, saving packs for drafts is the best becasue you always get the noobs who pass you good cards. Another fun thing to do with packs is pack wars.

Pack war= 2 people each open 1 pack and take out the land and the token without looking at the rest of the cards and shuffle them.
Each player starts with 5 of each basic land in play.
Each player can cast 1 spell per turn.
R0B

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best pull ever was a Skythiryx and a foil Koth from the same pack. First pack I opened at the pre-release.
Lothorius

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the congratulations

as for opening packs we normally get loads of packs at a time around 20 or more i get gift cards from survey sites to pay off my addiction but been using my gift cards for a few things recently and had just a little left for a few avr's my wife likes to open packs for fun never really played packs wars although we have fought each other to see who gets the best pulls wife usually wins that...
Fanboy1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my that thing is cute! congratulations!
Lothorius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wholeheartedly agree this is our second my first will be 2 in December. I dont put anything above them. Even when I play on here over MWS cant tell you how many times ive either split from matches or put them on hold to attend to my kids.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1