Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magic-League Cube Rebuild!

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
ody

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramp deck is missing I think.

Wall of denial could also bit a bit unfair I think, but I think you need more gold cards, like War Monk etc..
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think thrun would be a good addition to green.
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenBear wrote:

Thrun is very much already in this cube list. <_<
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moscowdemon wrote:
GreenBear wrote:

Thrun is very much already in this cube list. <_<

Yeah somehow i missed it when looking
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigshow wrote:
GreenBear wrote:
Blue looks way to good in that cube list.

It's because of people like you, the game of magic is being dumbed down.

And because of you, people may not enjoy Magic-League as much as they could have.

This is a warning. Any future trolling of the forums can result in a ban from them.

Oh and really I have an IQ of 135 which puts me in the top 2.5% of people and 5 percentiles of being a genius.
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenBear wrote:
Bigshow wrote:
GreenBear wrote:

And because of you, people may not enjoy Magic-League as much as they could have.

This is a warning. Any future trolling of the forums can result in a ban from them.

Oh and really I have an IQ of 135 which puts me in the top 2.5% of people and 5 percentiles of being a genius.

Not trying to ego slap the shit out of you, but 140 here. Also, your IQ has nothing to do with what he is saying. An IQ is simply your general knowledge compared to your peers. It has 0 to do with Magic cards.
Bigshow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenBear wrote:
Bigshow wrote:
GreenBear wrote:

I probably have a lower IQ than you, but at least I know how to read a cube list.
BIRDYYY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mabye consider cuttting some cards that are way to overpowered when you get 2-3 of them Smile
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated the list to 535 cards! Looking to add more gold cards and fill in any gaps in colors if possible.
New Cube List
A few more white and blue cards, maybe 5-10 more black and red cards, some more artifacts, maybe a couple lands if they are worthwhile, but definitely more gold cards.
The estimated final cube size should be just under 600. Between 75 and 80 of each color, about 60 artifacts, 75 lands, and between 50 and 75 gold cards.
Let us know your thoughts!
Sebas_

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we should just use evan erwig's cube list obv
Fanboy1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before my ban I was #1 in Limited rating to a good part based on Cube so my strategies worked out quite well and I know what I am talking about.

I remember the last Cube. Blue was so incredibly OP. In the end I made my Cube decks LITERALLY by adding ALL blue cards, then seeing whatever else would fit into it. I think I only once or twice did not play blue (of 50? sealeds) because it randomly only had 5-6 cards. So you should fix that but cutting Power should help a lot.

Artifacts: Cut Signets! The Modo cube did that for a reason. If people want 2-Mana Acceleration then they should play Green.

Green:
Mono G Stompy doesn't work in Cube so cut all these slots(Wild Dogs, Pouncing Jaguar, Albino Troll, Twinblade slasher) for more useful cards . Cards are completely unplayable, never used them, never seen them used against me. Also cut Creeping Mold for Power level reasons. I know you want to strengthen Aggro but Green Stompy just won't ever work.

White: Add Ravages of War!!! You want Aggro to be good so give W another Armageddon.
Bad cards: E. Tutor, Catastrophe (too costy), Kami Ancient Law, Ronom Unicorn, Knight of Meadowgrain, Soltari Trooper. Add useful stuff like Thalia, Loyal Cathar, Relic Warder or the RTR 1 Mana exile guy for White Weenie.

Red: Cut Goblin Patrol, Mox Monkey, Fireball, Banefire, Crater Hellion, Wildifre (nobody ever played red control). More good burn. Make Red great and add a few hosers.

Black: They recently started printing playable black cards again so put them all in. There is just such an obnoxious amount of flat out unplayables (Desolation Angel lol) in this color that you should just remake it from the scratch.

Blue: Blue seems fine. Add a few new ones for Morphling and the power but otherwise it seems good. Won't be OP anymore if you fix the other colors.

Lands: I love the lands! They are great. Don't reduce the fixing.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moscowdemon wrote:
GreenBear wrote:
Bigshow wrote:
GreenBear wrote:

Not trying to ego slap the shit out of you, but 140 here. Also, your IQ has nothing to do with what he is saying. An IQ is simply your general knowledge compared to your peers. It has 0 to do with Magic cards.

IQ is not general knowledge, your never going to get pop triva questions in an IQ test. In my opinion and most people who know anything on the matter conventional G-based iq tests are not worth the paper they are printed on (i was going to do my dissertation around gardners multiple intelligence theory but decided the whole area was a waste of time for a series of reasons im not going into), as they do not measure what they claim to at all, are vulnerable to practice effects etc.

However I'm perfectly entitled to defend myself when some moron insults my intelligence for no reason. No one has ever had to dumb anything down for me in my life.
ody

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fanboy1 wrote:
Before my ban I was #1 in Limited rating to a good part based on Cube so my strategies worked out quite well and I know what I am talking about.

I remember the last Cube. Blue was so incredibly OP. In the end I made my Cube decks LITERALLY by adding ALL blue cards, then seeing whatever else would fit into it. I think I only once or twice did not play blue (of 50? sealeds) because it randomly only had 5-6 cards. So you should fix that but cutting Power should help a lot.

Artifacts: Cut Signets! The Modo cube did that for a reason. If people want 2-Mana Acceleration then they should play Green.

Green:
Mono G Stompy doesn't work in Cube so cut all these slots(Wild Dogs, Pouncing Jaguar, Albino Troll, Twinblade slasher) for more useful cards . Cards are completely unplayable, never used them, never seen them used against me. Also cut Creeping Mold for Power level reasons. I know you want to strengthen Aggro but Green Stompy just won't ever work.

White: Add Ravages of War!!! You want Aggro to be good so give W another Armageddon.
Bad cards: E. Tutor, Catastrophe (too costy), Kami Ancient Law, Ronom Unicorn, Knight of Meadowgrain, Soltari Trooper. Add useful stuff like Thalia, Loyal Cathar, Relic Warder or the RTR 1 Mana exile guy for White Weenie.

Red: Cut Goblin Patrol, Mox Monkey, Fireball, Banefire, Crater Hellion, Wildifre (nobody ever played red control). More good burn. Make Red great and add a few hosers.

Black: They recently started printing playable black cards again so put them all in. There is just such an obnoxious amount of flat out unplayables (Desolation Angel lol) in this color that you should just remake it from the scratch.

Blue: Blue seems fine. Add a few new ones for Morphling and the power but otherwise it seems good. Won't be OP anymore if you fix the other colors.

Lands: I love the lands! They are great. Don't reduce the fixing.

What he said. But keep wildfire and cataclysm. I think they are valid strategies. Add the eldrazi stuff.

And please modarate the IQ shit posts, nobody fancies browsing through that posts.
Bigshow

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenBear wrote:
moscowdemon wrote:
GreenBear wrote:
Bigshow wrote:
GreenBear wrote:

IQ is not general knowledge, your never going to get pop triva questions in an IQ test. In my opinion and most people who know anything on the matter conventional G-based iq tests are not worth the paper they are printed on (i was going to do my dissertation around gardners multiple intelligence theory but decided the whole area was a waste of time for a series of reasons im not going into), as they do not measure what they claim to at all, are vulnerable to practice effects etc.

However I'm perfectly entitled to defend myself when some moron insults my intelligence for no reason. No one has ever had to dumb anything down for me in my life.

I was under the impression I was insulting your common sense.
vrax

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaming is part of the internet but your quotations are just getting ridiculous.

Someone probably already asked this, but why don't we stick to the MTGO cube? It was updated at the beginning of this month for their cube drafts. Sure, the MTGO cube does prioritise newer cards but personally I played about 15 cube drafts and felt that it was very balanced (with the exception of black being underpowered a little).

And also, blue is probably the most played colour in magic and arguably the best (as many people love card card advantage and the ability to say "No"). It makes sense that, inevitably, blue is the best colour in cube as cube is composed of the best cards in magic, and blue is the best colour.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2