Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scooping after a win

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
magicman85

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Scooping after a win Reply with quote

Played a couple games in the Legacy trial before I went to go play poker and this happened! What do you guys think I should have done (im usefulidiot)?

usefulidiot taps zombie
usefulidiot taps zombie
usefulidiot taps zombie
usefulidiot taps zombie
usefulidiot taps zombie
usefulidiot taps zombie
usefulidiot taps zombie
usefulidiot taps zombie
usefulidiot taps zombie
usefulidiot taps zombie
usefulidiot taps zombie
usefulidiot taps Flame-Kin Zealot
<El-Focker> you threw away g1
<El-Focker> and still win because i dont draw 1/3 surgicals
<usefulidiot> this deck is bad
<usefulidiot> i didnt have time to chagne it
<El-Focker> despite brainstorm and ponder and top
<usefulidiot> only 2 cabal therapy
<El-Focker> sigh
<usefulidiot> and use paradise
<usefulidiot> instead of citadel
<usefulidiot> =(
<usefulidiot> but ggs
<El-Focker> so you should scoop to someone who has the chance to win the trial Sad
<usefulidiot> lol
<usefulidiot> sorry bro
<usefulidiot> going to drop
<usefulidiot> right now anyways
<El-Focker> so why not scoop?
<usefulidiot> becasue im a mean person
<El-Focker> smart
<El-Focker> i mean, obv we will never play again
<El-Focker> there will be a time
<El-Focker> possibly
<El-Focker> when i have th opportunity to scoop you into a tournament
<El-Focker> and i wont
<El-Focker> karma is a bitch
<usefulidiot> lol
<usefulidiot> magic-league just for fun
<usefulidiot> irl where the money at
<El-Focker> you took away my chance to win 2 byes
<El-Focker> for no reason
<El-Focker> i will hold that against you
<El-Focker> yes, irl is where th money is at
<El-Focker> but still
<El-Focker> there is something on the line here
<usefulidiot> well you should have won =(
<El-Focker> and you had nothing to gain
<El-Focker> trust me
<El-Focker> ive made thousands
<El-Focker> im estimating 10g or so
<El-Focker> on magic
<El-Focker> irl
<El-Focker> so i know
<El-Focker> and if i ever find out who you are irl
<El-Focker> i will do everything in my power to encourage any good players who are my friends not to scoop to you
<usefulidiot> lol
<usefulidiot> do you mind if i post this in the forum?
<El-Focker> lol
Jacois

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have done just what you did. I always ask if my opponent will concede, but I haven't yet threatened to seek karmantic revenge. LOL, that's pretty funny though.
Steveman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
El-Focker> you took away my chance to win 2 byes

You took away your own chances first by failing to win.
BIRDYYY

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAOOO imagine El_focker was actually that good to win after you scoop him in! 10k is not alot to win in magic El_focker. Grow up and continue losing to people better then you Smile
kane2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El Focker is well.. El Focker.. I am sure he didnt make his s/n that for nothing. But still... LOL
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I planned to drop anyway, I would scoop - but not to someone who did the whole "you just won because you got lucky" act beforehand. Also, 1 bye per trial now.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isn't rating relevant for something still? i would have just said that even if my rating was like... 1400. for value etc etc
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a player doesn't deserve a win (as in: he lost), then he should lose the match. Why give him free 2 Byes but not other players who you played vs in earlier rounds?
Kabelis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far my every encounter with El_focker was him trying to make me feel bad for beating him with a deck which in his mind isn't tier1 and then proceeding to indirectly guilt me into scooping to him because "your deck is bad and you will lose next round anyway".
Love that guy.
YiiiMTG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

el focker ist just a dumb rager.
BIRDYYY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kabelis wrote:
So far my every encounter with El_focker was him trying to make me feel bad for beating him with a deck which in his mind isn't tier1 and then proceeding to indirectly guilt me into scooping to him because "your deck is bad and you will lose next round anyway".
Love that guy.

Im veryyy surprised El_Focker even makes it far at all thinking theres only tier 1 decks. Thats why he loses to tier 2 and rogue decks lmaoo.
mtgsoldier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kabelis wrote:
So far my every encounter with El_focker was him trying to make me feel bad for beating him with a deck which in his mind isn't tier1 .

Sadly i know a lot of guys like that, even irl. People that think that they automatically deserve to win the match just because they have a tier1 deck and their opponents do not.
StonerProud

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: Scooping after a win Reply with quote

magicman85 wrote:
El-Focker> so you should scoop to someone who has the chance to win the trial Sad

Whos been lying to you? Since when do you ever have a good chance to win any trial? O.o Prolly the same amount of chance I could! >.>
xHourglass

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtgsoldier wrote:
Sadly i know a lot of guys like that, even irl. People that think that they automatically deserve to win the match just because they have a tier1 deck and their opponents do not.

Lol, this whole situation is like my last FNM. A guy brought some durdly block constructed werewolves deck that probaly didn't even play any 4-of's. This guy was new, like green-as-grass new. He then proceeded to 4-1 by being a lucksack and going runner-runner-runner-immerwolf-moonmist against all his opponents. After he scooped to DoJ game 1, I couldn't find any of 7 wrath effects to secure a second win. But that's variance, and good for him for 4-1ing his very first tournament (if FNM were so-called). I had no qualms.

The guy he beat after me, though, upon losing, raged on how terrible he was for overextending so much and building such a bad deck. About how lucky he was, how he shouldn't have won, how he should concede to him, it went on and on. People like that exist, and always will. You won the game, that's all there is to it.

There are times when I've scooped to an opponent as to help them, but those were to get them into top-8 of a PTQ and stuff like that when there was no chance for me to get in even with a win. I would do it for a close friend, or even just a really nice guy in a situation where the win didn't benefit me, but never to anyone who was that rude to me. And never anyone who offered to collude (or whatever the word would be for the 'scoop to me and I'll scoop to you' proposition) and especially not for having 'karmatic vengeance' sworn on me. My 2 cents.
StonerProud

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xHourglass wrote:
Lol, this whole situation is like my last FNM. A guy brought some durdly block constructed werewolves deck that probaly didn't even play any 4-of's.

I think the word youre looking for is playset instead of 4-of's! lol
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2