Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M13 4-3-2-2 Draft 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: M13 4-3-2-2 Draft 2 Reply with quote

For the record I won this draft but i forgot to record round 3 cause i am a donkey and sadly modo did not save the games either.

I was paired vs rg aggro deck with flunkies etc main deck. I was aggro ed game 1, game 2 i had turn 2 scroll thief turn innvocation and tempoed him. Game 3 he exaused his whole team to kill garruk after i accidentally f6ed my own go and I was able to bash home for the win with an aeomancer with tricks of the trade on lol.

The Draft http://youtu.be/5lANEfw7rsE

Round 1 http://youtu.be/5N8GmeJA7ok

Round 2 http://youtu.be/Qwwa2XXgkx0

Feedback appreciated
magicman85

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For your pick #2 I why did you go with the Unsummon over the sleep or the 4/2 trample?
kane2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicman85 wrote:
For your pick #2 I why did you go with the Unsummon over the sleep or the 4/2 trample?

I have been watching the World Cup so I haven't watched the draft yet... But are you saying he picked an Unsummon over Sleep? Pack 1 Pick 2? Was there a blind spot on your computer GreenBear? Or do you not understand the strength of Sleep?
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sleep is one of these cards that divides people on how good it is. Some people love it others hate it, I do not really fall into either category as I do not think it is amazing or terrible it can be good or bad depending on the situation.

Overall I find unsummon to be more mana efficient provide a more consistent effect, when you consider there are multiple playable enchant creatures in the format unsummon becomes more playable. For example in game 1 my opponent switcherooed his giant scorpion, for my tricks of the traded scroll thief. I was able to unsummon the thief though so no damage was done however if it was a sleep and not an unsummon i would have lost.

Like i said sleep is quite a niche card in how you can use it, whilst unsummon is always good. That is why.
Terri

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not well drafted, not well played
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a useless post.
Terri

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rather than complaing about my post you should think about why i posted it. why did you pick all the blue cards where you actually needed to support the 3G for the garruk. why did you pick encrust over escence scatter and deadly recluse? why pick the wind drake when the other cards you couldve picked wouldve fitted much better in your deck.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should give something to back up both those statements then I would not complain about it.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue was more open than green, I took the encrust because my deck needed removal at the time and it increased my chance of wheeling something. I wheeled the essence scatter in fact so that turned out to be a very sound pick. All your complaints sound like things based on a matter of style, where I could have took one of two cards that are about the same. Just cause you not agree with every pick I make does not make it a bad draft or i suppose you draft perfectly.
Terri

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i dont but getting the escence scatter wheeled was just unbelievable. i actually never wanna have an encrust in my deck may be if im short on removal, even then its not even good removal. but as it looked like had no two drops so one of either deadly recluse or escence scatter would ve been better. in M1 G1 why did you block the vampire with the abor elf.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Encrust is better in UG because of you lack of removal, you have to take encrust higher because you do not really have many other options. I'm aware what others have said about it but I simply disagree with what they have said most the time it does the trick. I am fine with taking the recluse there like i said all picks are fine but I happen to think a UG deck needs the encrust the most, for much the same reasons you want a main deck plummet in ug.

On the vampire block I had next to nothing to ramp into, so the elf was almost redundant so it seemed like a reasonable trade, If i recall correctly.
gobbuman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So thoughts on playing the Blue ring that you had as well?
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest im not sure about the rings, I often draft then but rarely play them, as I never seem to have enough creatures of the right colour. But vs heavy removal I would certainly board it in.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1