Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UB Infect/Proliferate

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Darinian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: UB Infect/Proliferate Reply with quote

// Lands
4 [SOM] Darkslick Shores
4 [M13] Drowned Catacomb
4 [MBS] Inkmoth Nexus
5 [M13] Island (1)
5 [M13] Swamp (1)

// Creatures
4 [NPH] Blighted Agent
3 [MBS] Phyrexian Crusader
2 [SOM] Plague Stinger
2 [SOM] Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon

// Spells
2 [SOM] Contagion Clasp
2 [M12] Doom Blade
4 [M13] Duress
2 [SOM] Inexorable Tide
4 [M12] Mana Leak
4 [NPH] Mutagenic Growth
2 [M12] Ponder
2 [MBS] Sword of Feast and Famine
3 [NPH] Tezzeret's Gambit
2 [MBS] Virulent Wound

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [MBS] Black Sun's Zenith
SB: 2 [MBS] Corrupted Conscience
SB: 2 [ISD] Dissipate
SB: 3 [SOM] Nihil Spellbomb
SB: 2 [M12] Ponder
SB: 2 [NPH] Surgical Extraction
SB: 2 [MBS] Virulent Wound

Thoughts? I'm really liking it a lot, it's working pretty smooth but as always there is always something that can be changed or added to make it better. Thanks for reading!
magicman85

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it stinks!
Darinian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicman85 wrote:
it stinks!

Care to elaborate and explain?
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darinian wrote:
magicman85 wrote:
it stinks!

Care to elaborate and explain?

What he means to say is that it is much like every one else's UB infect decks, but has several glaring weaknesses like Inexorable Tide and Skithryx. And also that brown text looks like crap (literally and figuratively).
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also if you want someone to elaborate their answers, try to elaborate a little bit more your first post. explain the card choices and how the deck's been doing. this way maybe some hard to understand choices can be understood better (i.e. budget restrain, u play casual and like one card more than another, meta affairs or whatever). take a look on the grixis post control to see how a good threat about a deck is created. consider yourself lucky, as in the old days a threat like this would have been instantaneously closed and you would have got a blame from someone. now we all try to explain how things should be done.
Darinian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

judas_bcn wrote:
also if you want someone to elaborate their answers, try to elaborate a little bit more your first post. explain the card choices and how the deck's been doing. this way maybe some hard to understand choices can be understood better (i.e. budget restrain, u play casual and like one card more than another, meta affairs or whatever). take a look on the grixis post control to see how a good threat about a deck is created. consider yourself lucky, as in the old days a threat like this would have been instantaneously closed and you would have got a blame from someone. now we all try to explain how things should be done.

Well, I guess I'll explain then. I have never been more than a Casual player of magic. But I've been recently wanting to up in the ranks and play more legitimately. I played magic when I was a freshman in High School and that was back when Kamigawa first came out. Since then I hadn't played since. Till last semester in college when a friend of mine got me hooked back into it. I had played other card games with a more than casual insight into it so I can understand what you guys are saying. Basically he gave me a UB Infect deck and I played it all the time. It was my main deck and I played it against Delver and Pod frequently and did decent at best. However I won several games and thought I did well enough that it could be considered a good deck to run. Skith is just a face card in my opinion, I like him and that's basically why he's in the deck and Inexonorable Tide as well.

Basically the deck plays pretty smooth but it lacks as much control as I'd like it to have. It's also moves pretty slow as well, but I'm sure there are ways to increase the speed and control factors. Basically, I want to control them and essentially just hit them with one infect counter and then Prolif for game. I've been looking for a Planeswalker to add to the deck considering I want to proliferate so much. I'm also considering adding Tumble Magnet as I just talked to my friend and he said I had that in the deck. That would give me more control against my opponent. But I'm open for discussion and changes, considering I know nothing about the competitive world of Magic.

I appreciate your post and you being straight forward and considerate. Thank you, and I hope this clears things up a little at least.
struikje

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well the first thin I noticed is that every card will rotate in ~6 weeks? If you don't plan on playing this to a serious tournament, I don't think its wise to make big investments in it.

That being said, your best card is phyrexian crusader, and you should play 4 of em. I actually enjoy skythrixisixsx aswell, and think he can be quite good. Inexorable tide however is just plain bad. It requires you to tap out (something you don't want to do if you are the "controlling" deck, and its a 5 mana do nothing.

Also i don't think you can be all that controlling, you'd better play a tempo based game, as most opponents will have a better endgame.

Brian Kibler enjoys UB infect aswell, here's him playing hsi version of the deck: http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/standard/23434_Video_Runechanters_Pike_Infect_In_Standard.html

He plays runechanters pike and more cantrips/tempo game, which fits infect better (dealing big damage early is very powerfull with poison).
His finisher is caress of phyrexia, also a 5 mana spell, but it deals 3 poison damage straight up. It fits your deck better than the tide, as it doesn't require you to tap out (you only cast it when they are at 7), and it deals probably more than tide will deal.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1