Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to open .dec decks

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other Software
struikje

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never worked with a .dec file, but try opening it in notepad.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah .dec is just a .txt file - open in notepad

MWS uses .mwDeck which is different, the .dec extension is for apprentice(old school stuff)
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aymanzone wrote:
ah thanks. I'll try opening it using Magic Online or some software were i can see the image of the card. Smile

Not sure if there is a free software or website that it can translate the file though.

As I said, open it with notepad. Opening it with Magic Online (you can't, but even if you could) would not make it a Magic Online file.
chakal-PT

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xJudicatorx wrote:

As I said, open it with notepad. Opening it with Magic Online (you can't, but even if you could) would not make it a Magic Online file.

You can open the .dec files with MagicWorkstation just like any other deck! And when you save that same deck, MWS will save it like a .mwDeck automatically, ready to play! You don't need to use notepad and stuff... Just open the deck with workstation, and save it wherever you want! And it will be with a .mwDeck file.

I do it all the time! You just can't open it with MWS-Play directly!
Kaesh

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The free version works perfectly well. If you have had problems opening the file with MWS that most likely means it is an Apprentice binary deck file, which afaik is only openable with Apprentice.
struikje

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the evaluation copy is all you'll need, it won't expire. There is no reason to buy the full version, as there's minimal gain, and it isn't supported anyway.

free evaluation copy:
[url]http://magicworkstation.com/downloads.php
[/url]
Card database:

http://www.slightlymagic.net/software/mws/5-mtg-masterbase

This doesn't have the images yet, you'll have to download those separately for each expansion if you want 'em, or download a pack (there'll be some torrents I guess)
http://mws.mtgbr.com/full-01.htm

Goodluck Smile[url][/url]
Kaesh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Create a "Pics" folder in the MWS directory, or just set up the path to whatever you want in tools/preferences/image view/setup pictures directories.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1