Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GP question

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
HomieK

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: GP question Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this is the right area so sorry if its wrong.
Im going to GP Boston in a few weeks and im 17, i will be going without my parents but with some friends. I have made day 2 of GPs before and i know we need to sign release forms and tax forms. I wont be able to have a parent or gaurdisn sign it at the place but i was wondering if their is a pdf of the forms that i would need my parents to sign, so i can get that done before hand, or what else can i do if not that.
niknight

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Blackaddicus posted, the release form is readily available and your parents need to sign that. They do not, however, need to sign the W-9 tax form (even though you are a minor). The purpose of the W9 is so the Tournament Organizer has your information so they can send you a W-2 that you file with your taxes.
Mihealsick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They provide the tax forms at the tournament site if you're confirmed for a cash finish. With W-9s I don't think you need to have a parent to fill that out, but they can definitely help you get it started if you're not too familiar with tax forms. They'll just want your basic information--your address, your social security number, signature/date, and that's about it.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf

http://www.wizards.com/dci/downloads/Consent_and_Release_Form_2012.pdf
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1