Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 127 Judged

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
BlackPen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: CaC 127 Judged Reply with quote

GunsAndDope with Malnutrition

I like the idea of creatures eating the land, but the spell is too weak and the ability does not belong to green.
Grade: C-

Stucco with Lethargy

Fits the theme of the challenge, but the card looks like a more complicated version of ghostly prison. To me a more complicated affect on a functionally similar card is worse design. Also why not make it trigger when your planeswalkers are attacked?
Grade: B-

Balaviaris with Bicycle

I love this card. I think it's hilarious that if the creature is too fat it crushes the bike. The only thing that bothers me is hexproof. Overall I don't like the mechanic since it makes games less interactive and I don't see why a bike would give hexproof.
Grade: A-

CMA-Flippi with Angry Bear

I don't see what this has to do with eating right or exercising. Am I missing some joke? I also don't think magic needs so many more bears.
Grade: D

Doudax with Apple Plantage

The card seems balanced and interesting for constructed and fits my criteria, but it just doesn't jump out at me as something I like. Grade: B

Krabik with Baneburger

I like the concept, but I think the card is doing a little too much
Grade: B

blitzer2k7 with Holy Grail

Clearly an un-card. The problem is the card doesn't have the humor that I expect with an un-card.
Grade: C+

Gademis with Giant Celery

I would be excited to see the art on this card. I think a battling celery would be very funny. I think the power on this card can be push a little though. Grade: B+

Canabiest with Scout's Training

The connection to my criteria is a little loose to me. Also I don't think flash haste plays well together. Flash makes you want to end step it, but haste makes you want to main phase it.
Grade: C

pseudodespot with Boot Camp

This affect is usually pretty bad, I wonder if making 1 mana will make it worth it. I get that boot camp has to do with exercise, but I don't see how the card tells people that exercise is good.

BIRDYYY with Mcdonalds

Love the flavor. I don't see why the card is 5 colors though. I feel like Mcdonalds would be kinda black green the color of rancid meat.
Grade: B+

huntergatsby with Hydroxycut

This hate card is just too narrow and weak. I don't see this making any sideboards.
Grade: C+

AxiomBlurr with Broccoli Birch

I think this is too powerful. Costs more than sfm, but searches for bigger guys then cheats them in.

ck3gds with Fitness Instructor

It's a cool concept, but i see this guy making gameplay a mess. He makes counters that do really strange things at instant speed, and then you need to notice the whole protection and lord thing.

Jacois with Might Makes Right

I'm a big fan of browbeat. I'd probably like this card more if I could ever win an arm wrestle. I also think the wording could be more elegant and say the same thing.
Grade: A

Kumagmd with Diet of Leaves

Seems like an interesting way to make a green anthem. The flaver text doesn't make much sense. Neither squee nor Tahngarth are green.
Grade: B+

Kaesh with Can of Spinach

I was really hoping for a Popeye card and this does about what I'd expect. I think the pumping and counter getting shouldn't go together and I don't see why this needs to come into play tapped.

Thelemys with Endless Run

This just boot camp for 1 more mana(which makes it less interesting to me) and some wacky nearly irrelevant ability.

sc4rs with Tubs McGee

I like it (especially the flavor text). I don't think obese should be a key word though. The ability is what makes him special and shouldn't go on many other cards.

kane2 with Not Yo Cheese

I'm diggin the pun, but the card is doing just a little too much. The draw card thing seems the most out of place.

KnowN with Can of Spinach

The card was so obvious it happened twice i guess. It pumps like I expect, but I don't get why it stops non-humans as well. Also I liked the can being an artifact better so it feelsl ike a physical thing.
Grade: C

danprince10 with P90X

The card makes sense, but it's really slow, and tapping the creature is a huge cost.

Bejeezus with Through the Grind

I don't see what this has to do with eating well or exercise. Also I don't think anthems belong red.

Winner is Jacois. I really liked the funny entries in this one. The big reason I like Jacois' card so much is that a magic player could lose because he doesn't work out enough.
Rockets

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a reason you didn't rate my entry? Just curious.
BlackPen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I just accidentally skipped over it. I'm looking at it now and it seems too complicated for my tastes.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1