Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Early tweaks: UW Post

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
kane2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wrong format? i think you meant to post this in legacy.. since slaver hasnt been T2 for quite a while
Mihealsick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a pretty cool deck, been testing it some myself since I saw it in the Vegas coverage.

I think 2 Sphere of the Suns is the wrong number. A lot of the times in testing I've found I need to accelerate into that turn 3 Day of Judgement or I'm dead.

Ponder's definitely the first card I wanted to add in, too. Just seems right.

I feel like cutting Metamorph from the maindeck entirely seems rough. Without Metamorph, Trading Post and Staff of Nin aren't nearly as good, and he's also a way to kill Geist of Saint Traft and copy your opponents' fatties. Just too versatile in a deck like this to cut, but I do agree that 4 seems like a lot.

With so much artifact mana, 22 lands is more than it seems. Even if you just replace 2 lands with 2 Spheres, at least the Spheres can get chewed up by a Post later if you'd like.

I think with the addition of Ponder you can afford to stay as light on threats, especially given we run some shuffle effects. 2 Karn Liberated seems like a lot to run in a deck that isn't Tron.

One card I've liked in testing is Dispatch, although I'm not sure where to fit it in.

Ratchet Bomb is also really strong. Yes, it sometimes hits your artifacts, but a lot of the time its your only out to early flipped Delver, and you can tick it up ahead of time to 3 to catch any Geists or Swords.

Solemn is the kind of card I want to run in this deck too, but its so tight on space already. Eventually I elected to just cut him because I wanted to run other things, and he's not a combo with Torpor Orb out of the board. Mimic Vatting him is really good though.

Here's my build at the moment

2 Gilded Lotus
3 Trading Post
1 Wurmcoil Engine
2 Treasure Mage
1 Staff of Nin
3 Terminus
3 Day of Judgment
3 Ichor Wellspring
3 Mycosynth Wellspring
3 Sphere of the Suns
3 Pristine Talisman
2 Ratchet Bomb
1 Mimic Vat
1 Mindslaver
2 Island
7 Plains
2 Buried Ruin
2 Inkmoth Nexus
3 Phyrexia's Core
1 Karn Liberated
4 Ponder
2 Phyrexian Metamorph
2 Dispatch
4 Glacial Fortress
SB: 1 Mimic Vat
SB: 1 Nihil Spellbomb
SB: 1 Spine of Ish Sah
SB: 1 Ratchet Bomb
SB: 2 Torpor Orb
SB: 2 Witchbane Orb
SB: 3 Oblivion Ring
SB: 3 Celestial Purge
SB: 1 Terminus
Raybelfast

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive been messing with a singleton Spine of Ish Sah. seems ok for now. maindeck i mean.

You think a singleton prototype portal might make it?
Mihealsick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spine's definitely a powerful card, but the less 6-7 mana spells you run maindeck probably the better. I left mine in the side because there are only a few permanents you're willing to spend 7 mana to kill, and those are usually in the control match--planeswalkers, titans, wolf run's lands, that kind of thing.

Prototype Portal seems awful. I'd run the 4th Post before I'd run one of those.
Raybelfast

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting a metamorph under portal could be interesting. pay 4 mana too copy any artifact on the battlefield every turn seems like fun.
kane2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blackaddicus wrote:
kane2 wrote:
wrong format? i think you meant to post this in legacy.. since slaver hasnt been T2 for quite a while

actually Mindslaver is in T2 until October when RtR comes out as Mindslaver got reprinted in Scars of Mirrodin

My bad.. I completely forgot about that.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1