Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 123

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Bejeezus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyDucky wrote:
Bejeezus wrote:
Mahkah, Seed of Yavimaya | G

Planeswalker - Mahkah [MR]

+1: Search your library for a basic land card, reveal
that card, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle
your library.

-1: You may play an additional land this turn.

+4: Search your library for up to two basic land cards
and put them onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your
library.

[2]

Super broken if the ultimate is +4

Fixed. Thanks for catching that.
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judge soon?
Bejeezus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balaviaris wrote:
Judge soon?

I believe it's tomorrow.
Kaesh

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMA-Flippi wrote:
Baba, the Ur-Beast - G
Planeswalker - Baba
As additional cost to cast Baba, sacrifice a land.
-1: Put a 2/2 green Bear token onto the battlefield.
-1: Put a 1/4 blue Turtle token with Defender onto the battlefield
-1: Put a two 1/1 white Soldier token onto the battlefield
{1}

One mana for a 2/2 without a drawback or alternatively 2 1/1s? Broken and unimaginative. F
blitzer2k7 wrote:
Shiloh, Sisay's Apprentice G/W

Planeswalker - Shiloh (mythic)

+1 - Search your library for a legendary card, reveal it and put it into your hand.
-1 - Target legendary permanent is indestructible until end of turn.
-4 - You may put a legendary permanent from your hand into play.

Brooooookeeeeeeen. Get a card every turn? 3 loyalty on first turn? How the hell am I supposed to win against this. Cool design and flavor though, would have been ok at like 3 mana I guess. D

ManfredByron wrote:
Rathidix, the Chaos Driven R (Mythic)

Planeswalker - Rathidix

+1 flip a coin, if you win the flip rathidix deals 2 damage to your opponent, if you lose the flip it deals 2 damage to you.

+2 Draw a card, then discard two cards at random.

-10 Rathidix the chaos driven deals 10 damage to all creatures, players and planeswalkers.

{1}

'Some men just want to watch the world burn.' Jace

"Do nothing" abilities are in theory a great way to balance a 1cc planeswalker, but I think it has to have something else going for it too. As it is it's just kinda bad. C
Duodax wrote:
Jace, Young Visionary U

Planeswalker - Jace MYTHIC RARE

+1: Target player puts the top two cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.

-1: Look at target player's hand, then draw a card.

-4: Shuffle Jace, Young Visionary into your library. Then search your library for a Jace planeswalker card and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.

{1}

Drawing a card every other turn is probably still a bit too good for a 1 mana planeswalker. Solid design though, even if unspectacular. C+

Stucco wrote:
Rugaard of the Canopy......................G
Planeswalker - Rugaard......................R

+1: At the beginning of each player's next pre-combat main phase, he or she adds GG to his or her mana pool.

-2: Search your library for a land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. Then, shuffle your library.

-X: Put X +1/+1 counters on each creature you control.

The ultimate is probably a bit to good, but a great choice of the first two abilities mark this as the first decent card I'm grading. B
Zero-Meia wrote:
Morrok the Sadist Lich (Phyrexian B mana)
Mythic
Planeswalker - Morrok

Morrok enters the battefield with 1 plus X loyalty counters, where X is the amount of card types in your graveyard.
|+2| Sacrifice a permanent.
|-1| Discard a card.
|-4| Search your library for a card, reveal it and put it into your graveyard.
|-10| You may cast target card from your graveyard without paying its mana cost.

1+X

That's cute! I think it has real potential, but in this form it's a bit too complicated and no way it's going to fit on a card. B-
Canabiest wrote:
Tamiyo of the Soratami
U
Planeswalker - Tamiyo
Mythic Rare

[+1]: Draw a card, then return a land you control to it's owner's hand.
[-1]: Until end of turn you may cast target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard by discarding a land card in addition to paying its other costs.
[-5]: You get an emblem with "Each player skips his or her untap step." and "Discard a land card: Untap target permanent. Each player may activate this ability."

{2}

The ideas are good, but too roughly hewn - needs a lot more streamlining. C+
kumagmd wrote:
Freyalise the Returned
G
Planeswalker - Freyalise (M)
When Freyalise the Returned enters the battlefield, discard X land cards from your hand.
Freyalise the Returned enters the battlefield with X loyalty counters on it.
+1: Add G to your mana pool.
-X: Untap X permanents you control.
-X: Add X mana of any combination to your mana pool
"It's about damned time she came along."
{X}

I think you've found a good way to balance an llanowar elf-planeswalker, but the last two abilities just don't do anything. B-
BlackPen wrote:
Nissa Reborn g
Planeswalker - Nissa Mythic Rare

+1: Until end of turn, Nissa Reborn becomes a 1/1 elf druid creature with T: add g that's still a planeswalker.

-3:You gain and emblem with "Whenever an elf you control is tapped for mana add g to your pana pool."

-6: All elves you control get +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the amount of green mana in your mana pool.
{1}

Excellent work on design and balance, my only qualm with it is the somewhat plain flavor. A-
InWaking wrote:
Karn, the Beginning Machination 1
Artifact Planeswalker - Karn (Mythic)
-1: Search your library for an artifact card with converted mana cost one or less and put it onto the battlefield under your control.
+1: Add a colorless mana to your mana pool, this mana may only be used to cast artifact creature spells.
-5: Sacrifice an artifact you control, if an artifact is sacrificed this way search your library for an artifact card and put it onto the battlefield under target players control.

A few things, yes he can be shattered, yes I only want him to be able to ramp out creatures, and yes I want him to be able to put the artifact into play under any target players control. Maybe broken I don't play vintage so I don't really know.

Broooooooooken. Not just in vintage but in Legacy and Modern too. Imagine this in Affinity. C
Gademis wrote:
Keylash, the Everburning R

Plainswalker - Keylash

+0: Deal 1 damage to target creature an opponent controls.

-2: Put R in your mana pool for each spell you played this turn.

Whenever a creature deals combat damage to Keylash, the Everburng, he deals 2 damage to it.

Whenever a creature that was dealt damage by Keylash, the Everburning this turn dies, put 1 loyalty counter on Keylash, the Everburning.

"Fire burns, feasts, grows, thrives and then it's too late"
{1}

At first I thought it was broken, but the more I looked at it the more I like it. Probably better suited for a CC of 2 but a fine submission nonetheless. B
ck3gds wrote:
Tauros, Talismanic Captain W

Planeswalker - Tauros (mythic)

Whenever a Soldier or a Knight enters the battlefield under your control, you may put a loyalty counter on Tauros.

-1: Target creature can't attack you or a planeswalker you control for as long as you control a Soldier or Knight creature.

-3: You get an emblem with "As you get this emblem, choose flying, first strike, or vigilance" and "Soldier and/or Knight creatures you control have the chosen ability."

{1}

It doesn't do anything! D
Hendrix_21 wrote:

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/6259/immagineudk.png

Very good! Maybe it feels like a mini Jace a bit too much, but I think the balance is good enough to warrant recognition. A-
JuicyNuts wrote:
Krark, of the one thumb R

Plainswalker - Krark

+1: Flip a coin. If you win the flip, put an additional loyalty counter on ~.

-2: Search your library for a card named Krark's Thumb and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.

-10: Flip a coin. If you win the flip you win the game.

Thumbs up! - Squee, Goblin Nabob

{1}

Good at what it wants to be. B-
LuckyDucky wrote:
Freyalise, Skyshroud Goddess - G

Planeswalker - Freyalise - Mythic Rare

When ~ comes enters the battlefield, return an elf you control to your hand or sacrifice ~.

+1: Add G to your mana pool.

-1: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.

-4: You get an emblem with "Lands you control are 4/4 elf creatures."

Starting Counters: 1

Tap an elf to play it, return it and then replay it using the +1? Sign me up! A-
YGDAnthony wrote:
Zarath, Day Slayer B
Planeswalker- Zarath Mythic

+1 Each player loses 2 life

-3 Destroy target non-black non-artifact creature

-X Zarath, Day Slayer Deals X damage to target player, you gain X life.

Simple abilities that work well together, the flavor not completely bland - pretty good. My only problem is - how the hell is a Standard control deck supposed to beat this on turn one. The first ability probably should hit only for 1. B
Sorrel wrote:
Asturak, Cemetary Adept - B

Planeswalker - Asturak (Mythic Rare)

0: Put X loyalty counters on Asturak, Cemetary Adept, where X is the number of creature cards in your graveyard. Lose X life.
0: Return target creature card in your graveyard to the top of your library.
0: Until end of turn, Asturak, Cemetary Adept becomes an X/X Human Wizard creature with lifelink that's still a planeswalker, where X is the number of loyalty counters on Asturak, Cemetary Adept.

[1]

Complicated and narrow, but great effort and solid balance. B+
Krabik wrote:
Camela, The Rage Collector - R
Planeswalker - Camela (Mythic Rare)

+1: Add RR to your mana pool. Use this mana only to cast instant or sorcery spells or to activate abilities of lands.
-2: Choose a creature you control and a noncreature permanent an opponent controls. You gain control of that permanent and that opponent gains control of that creature.
-9: Gain control of all permanents target opponent controls and untap them. They gain haste and flying until end of turn. This ability can't be countered.

[1]

The abilities feel a bit irrelevant and not fitting each other well, but it's not a horrible card. C+
huntergatsby wrote:
Mishra, Prodigy Reborn (Phyrexian Black)

Planeswalker-Mishra (Mythic Rare)

As an addition cost to cast ~, sacrifice an artifact you control. Put X loyalty counters onto ~ equal to the artifacts converted mana cost.

0: Return ~ to it's owner's hand.
-1: Reveal the top card of your library. If it as an artifact card, put a loyalty counter on ~ and put that card in your hand.
-X: Put an X/X legendary artifact horror named Mishra, Machine Reborn on to the battlefield.

"Brother, you're attempt to destroy me was futile. Yawgmoth has rebuilt me and shown me my true power." Mishra to Urza

I know that in the storyline Mishra doesn't actually become a planeswalker but hey...Urza descends into phyrexia and sees his brother after he tried to decimate him...I imagined to take a twist on the story... Smile

Very cool, but it still needs a bit of polish. A-
AxiomBlurr wrote:
Isamaru, Interplanar Lord Tamer (W)

Planeswalker - Isamaru (Mythic)

+1: Isamaru, Interplanar Lord Tamer becomes a 2/2 legendary Hound creature until end of turn.

0: Target creature cannot attack or block until the end step of the next turn.

- 2: Target opponent chooses a legendary creature he or she controls, you gain control of that creature for as long as Isamaru, Interplanar Lord Tamer remains on the battlefield.

(1)

Wanted him to be himself with a touch of pacify/ preacher as he can manipulate others by being a fluffly wuffy puppy!

Awwww :3 The thing that brings him over the top is the ablity to defend itself immediately, while retaining balance. A
doc_morriar wrote:
Slindak, the Undead B
planeswalker slindak mythic rare

dredge 1

-1: search your library for a card and exile that card face up.
-2: search your library for a card and put it into your graveyard
-3: search your library for any 3 cards and put them into your grave
-4: until the end of the turn, cards in your graveyard have dredge 1

Whenever Slindak, the Undead is put into your hand from your graveyard, you get an emblem that says "Slindak, the Undead enters the battlefield with an additional loyalty counter

this wwas my take on a fair planeswalker.
i wanted it to be considered for standard and eternal play
i really like this card with mistholow griffen Razz

A great start, but you should have put more work into it. B
Balaviaris wrote:
Geralf the Apprentice B

Planeswalker - Geralf (Mythic)

+1: Discard a card.

-2: Put a 2/2 black zombie creature token onto the battlefield.

-4: Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.

So close, yet so far to being balanced. C+
iSperia wrote:
Thrun, Walking Troll - (G)
Planewalker - Thrun (mythic)
+1: Add (g) to your mana pool
-1: You may put green creature with converted mana cost 3 or less from your hand into play
-4: You get an emblem "1G: regenerate each creature you control"
[1]

Fails to convince me as much as the other green planeswalkers. Possibly a bit too good. B
pseudodespot wrote:

Iom U

Planeswalker - Iom

As additional cost to cast Iom, discard any number of cards. Iom enters the battlefield with that many loyalty counters on it.

+1: Target instant or sorcery card in a graveyard gains flashback until end of turn. The flashback cost is equal to its mana cost.

-X: Cast target instant or sorcery card with converted mana cost of X from a graveyard without paying its mana cost.

Potentionally broken. But i can't rival a lot of the good submissions so far anyway.

You needn't be so humble. If you figured out a better third ability I think you could have been in a solid position. B+
sc4rs wrote:
Toz, the Hate Filled
R
Planeswalker - Toz - Rare
-3: Toz deals 3 damage to each player.
-2: Toz deals 1 damage to each creature without flying.
-1: Discard a card, then draw a card. Toz deals 1 damage to you.

Not a completely bad idea, but just doesn't feel planeswalkery enough as is. Double tremor might also be a bit too good. C+
ikazuchi wrote:
Demeter, Muraganda Terraformer G
Planeswalker Demeter (Mythic Rare)

[+1]: Choose a basic land type. Each land you control becomes that type until end of turn.
[-3]: Sacrifice a land. If you did, search your library for a land card and put that card onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.
[-5]: Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of target land.

[2]

Look mom! I rotate crops! Has potential, but needs a bit more power. B
ShamedShadow wrote:
Day Side:

Yamazaki Elder - R

Planeswalker - Yamazaki [Mythic Rare]

When Yamakazi Elder has 0 loyalty counters, transform it and put 3 loyalty counters on it.

-1: The "legend rule" does not apply until end of turn.

-1: Target creature gains Bushido 1 until end of turn.

{3}

Night Side:

Yamazaki Younger

(R) Planeswalker - Yamazaki [Mythic Rare]

When Yamakazi Younger has 0 loyalty counters on it, transform it and put 3 loyalty counters on it.

-2: Target creature gets +2/+2 and haste until end of turn.

-1: Sacrifice this permanent.

Cool idea, but it won't work the way you worded it. If you replaced the 0s with 1s it would make sense, but might just be bad then. B-
Rockets wrote:
Niv-Mizzet, the Hatchling - (U/R)

Planeswalker - Niv-Mizzet - Mythic Rare

+1: Put a 0/1 blue and red Weird token into play with "When this creature blocks or becomes blocked, it deals 1 damage to target creature."

-1: Scry 1, then draw a card.

-6: You get an emblem with "Whenever you draw a card, you may deal 1 damage to target player and target creature that player controls."

[2]

Hopelessly broken. Good design though. C-
Bejeezus wrote:
Mahkah, Seed of Yavimaya | G

Planeswalker - Mahkah [MR]

+1: Search your library for a basic land card, reveal
that card, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle
your library.

-1: You may play an additional land this turn.

-4: Search your library for up to two basic land cards
and put them onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your
library.

[2]

Broken again. Searching for any basic is normally a bit better than drawing a card, and you've even made the starting loyalty 2. Solid design too though. C
yajiko wrote:
choujun bloodwrath R
planeswalker - choujin mythic

0: Discard a card at random, cardname deals 2 damage to target player or creature. if that creature dies, put a loyalty counter on cardname

-3: put a 3/1 elemental token into play.

-5: discard your hand, draw seven cards.

loyalty 1

Discarding cards at random is not enough to balance your one mana shotgun. Way too good. C

The podium:
1st - AxiomBlurr with Isamaru, Interplanar Lord Tamer
2nd - LuckyDucky with Freyalise, Skyshroud Goddess
3rd - huntergatsby with Mishra, Prodigy Reborn

Congratulations and thanks to everyone for participating, this was a pretty damn huge round!
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One mana for a 2/2 without a drawback or alternatively 2 1/1s? Broken and unimaginative. F

--> Scythe Tiger is 3/2 Shroud for only >G mana with the same drawback as my planeswalker. You have to sacrifice a land..
Kaesh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm blind, in that case it's useless and unimaginative Laughing
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Iom U

Planeswalker - Iom

As additional cost to cast Iom, discard any number of cards. Iom enters the battlefield with that many loyalty counters on it.

+1: Target instant or sorcery card in a graveyard gains flashback until end of turn. The flashback cost is equal to its mana cost.

-X: Cast target instant or sorcery card with converted mana cost of X from a graveyard without paying its mana cost.

i can imagine this abusing enduring ideal or similar.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3