Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Liliana of the Dark Realms - M13 - Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks

Do you like it?
Yes, very interesting!
35%
 35%  [ 10 ]
Yes, but no so much...
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
No, but it's ok.
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
No, sucks!
21%
 21%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 28

mtgsoldier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will not print things as powerfull as signets?

shit just got serious 0_0
R0B

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*fap*
EMA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtgsoldier wrote:
They will not print things as powerfull as signets?

shit just got serious 0_0

lol Rolling Eyes
Qoshoq

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remain baffled as to why Wizards thinks Compulsive Research is "powerful". Remand I could at least imagine (although there was a time in T2 where it wasn't even the best counterspell played), but Research is a sorcery speed +1 card advantage at most, how is that "powerful"?

Anyway, I don't think this version of Lilliana will be any good. Mono black just doesn't have enough tools to be a functioning deck, and continuously drawing lands just isn't a strong enough ability to be worth the cost.
aqualad33
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally, I think this is the worst planeswalker ever printed. The first issue is that it's a card that places a great deal of restriction on how you can build your deck, in order to play this card at it's fullest you need to be playing mono black or mono black with a splash color, and even when this card is opperating at full effectiveness it is still not impressive at 4 mana.

Its + ability is only +1 and thus makes it hard to keep alive especially when it does not protect itself. Also the +1 will rarely have any impact in the game. Searching for swamps is not going to be that grate after you have already hit 4 mana especially since they go to your hand as opposed to the battlefield. This basically becomes a 4 mana sylvan skrying that only looks for swamps, basically worse on all accounts.

now the -3 abillity is more flexible, but if you are using it for removal, then it is a strictly worse dismember, and if you are using it for a boost, then you are spending 4 mana to open yourself up to a 2 for 1 if your opponent has any removal just to do the same extra damage that a geist adds but it will cost you a card and the boosted creature will usually not have hexproof.

lastly, the ultimate is terrible as well. Think about it, once you are able to tick it up 4 times and then blow the ultimate the more often the not you will have enough mana to cast whatever you need, and anything that you could take advantage of that much mana is unimpressive without going through all that work to go ultimate lili.

All in all, I really think wizards kinda missed the ball on this one, I'm not even sure where this could be good since everything that you would want this card to do something else does better which is not what you want from a planeswalker.
Jacois

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This card is broken.
Spyx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh look it's a terrible version of solemn simulacrum which also puts heavy restrictions on your deck. If the swamp was put into play tapped then it might be playable.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2